Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Alfie was a great Captain, and to have Karlsson become Captain and be everything that Alfie was to the team...and maybe even more, is amazing.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Alfie was a great Captain, and to have Karlsson become Captain and be everything that Alfie was to the team...and maybe even more, is amazing.

I was slightly skeptical at first with EK as captain thing he may just have been too young. But he is truly amazing. Not only a leader on the ice and puts his words into action but he seems to be such a great leader in the dressing room too.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
To me, the biggest thing I took from Erik today was the attempted hit on Kreider, where he got the worst of it. When he's putting his body on the line like that, you know he's willing to do whatever it takes, and everyone will follow him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was slightly skeptical at first with EK as captain thing he may just have been too young. But he is truly amazing. Not only a leader on the ice and puts his words into action but he seems to be such a great leader in the dressing room too.

Best part is, he'll only become a better leader considering how young he still is. :handclap:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Best part is, he'll only become a better leader considering how young he still is. :handclap:

It is very awesome!

As much as he's been a bit off for Karlsson this series... he still is freaking clutch!! When this team needs a goal, you can pretty much count of EK being a part of it

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
Leaf fan here. I was hoping we'd be playing you guys in the 1st round thinking we could actually knock you guys off. I don't see a lot of the Senators games outside of the games against the leafs, but Karlsson is playing at such an elite level even though he's not 100%. His playmaking, ice awareness, shot from the point, leadership etc is unbelievable. He's the best player in the playoffs right now and I think the Senators can ride him to the finals if he continues to play at this level. Unbelievable talent who's only going to get better.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Leaf fan here. I was hoping we'd be playing you guys in the 1st round thinking we could actually knock you guys off. I don't see a lot of the Senators games outside of the games against the leafs, but Karlsson is playing at such an elite level even though he's not 100%. His playmaking, ice awareness, shot from the point, leadership etc is unbelievable. He's the best player in the playoffs right now and I think the Senators can ride him to the finals if he continues to play at this level. Unbelievable talent who's only going to get better.

I'll be happy if Ottawa makes the ECF but I have a hard time thinking objectively that they would have a chance against Pittsburgh.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Up to last season, I thought EK was meh as I viewed him as a defensive liability. He has made me a convert this year as he has been superb at both ends of the ice. He certainly deserves to be the captain. He is a true leader.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Up to last season, I thought EK was meh as I viewed him as a defensive liability. He has made me a convert this year as he has been superb at both ends of the ice. He certainly deserves to be the captain. He is a true leader.

I truly believe that was how Cameron asked him to play. Watching his play in Olympics and such made me believe he really can be defensively sound if he's asked to be. This season just confirms it

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
To me, the biggest thing I took from Erik today was the attempted hit on Kreider, where he got the worst of it. When he's putting his body on the line like that, you know he's willing to do whatever it takes, and everyone will follow him.

That is true leadership and toughness.

I'm still in shock how the guy and play with a broken foot. It's hard enough to walk with broken bones int eh foot, but to move around on skates where you're putting extra stress on your foot....how much longer can he do it?

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
That is true leadership and toughness.

I'm still in shock how the guy and play with a broken foot. It's hard enough to walk with broken bones int eh foot, but to move around on skates where you're putting extra stress on your foot....how much longer can he do it?

All playoffs. Cause hes a man. Unlike tanner glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad