Erik Johnson not joining the Blues this season

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If he's good enough I've got no problem. My question is though, does this count to the three/four year entry level contract? Or is that done from only more than nine games like it is in the start of the season?

Walzy

If he's good enough I've got no problem. My question is though, does this count to the three/four year entry level contract? Or is that done from only more than nine games like it is in the start of the season?

the ELC starts:
for a 18, 19 year old: with the 10th NHL game
for a 20+ year old: with the 1st pro (NHL/AHL) game

i think Johnson was born early 1988, so he he plays 2 games this season there's no problem

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Pat Brisson represents both Johnson kids-Jack and Erik

Not bad

Love the term "family advisor".Everyone knows Brisson has become a powerful hockey agent and they call him a "family advisor"

Brisson also has Crosby and Malkin

http://www.sports.caa.com/

He's called a family advisor because that's all he can be. A collegiate athlete cannot have an agent and still retain eligibility.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Johnson has decided he won't finish '06-07 with the Blues. He's made no decision officially about '07-08.

Over at STLToday.com (aka "The Asylum"), people SWEAR TO GOD that Johnson is never coming to the Blues, is a spoiled, insulated pansy that needs a swift kick in the ass, :whine: :whine: :whine: and every time I see them spout off, the first thing that comes to mind is :rolleyes:.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Johnson has decided he won't finish '06-07 with the Blues. He's made no decision officially about '07-08.

Over at STLToday.com (aka "The Asylum"), people SWEAR TO GOD that Johnson is never coming to the Blues, is a spoiled, insulated pansy that needs a swift kick in the ass, :whine: :whine: :whine: and every time I see them spout off, the first thing that comes to mind is :rolleyes:.

Yeah because, after all, who wouldn't be beating down the door to join the St. Louis Blues? :sarcasm:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Yeah because, after all, who wouldn't be beating down the door to join the St. Louis Blues? :sarcasm:
Probably the same people who didn't want to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2003-04, which as we're seeing right now would have been a pretty smart decision. ;)

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
My guess is that the possibility of going back to Minnesota serves as decent bargaining leverage to get a little better deal in terms of his performance bonuses and stuff.

GernerPSU

Jun 4, 2006
State College
He is definitely going to be with the Blues next year. I don't think he would be eligable next year because according to at least one interview he doesn't go to class all the time and is enjoying college life.

wicker

Oct 2, 2006

Dude. It's kind of funny that they're saying that about Erik, because people have been spouting similar things about JJ. It just seems like a lot of sour grapes...

Anyway, I hope both Johnsons become top five d-men in the future, and then, when we think they can prove no more - they take over the world, one crushing check at a time. ;)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yes, but no money is passing from one to the other right now. You can't have a rule about no advice as that's just plain stupid. It just the way things go.
And it would be grossly unconstitutional to deny someone legal advice.The advisor is paid for their time until the play turns pro.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006

I was thinking of the JJ situation too. You think at some point NHL management would try to work out win-win deals that incorporate the players wishes...rather than trying to sell or pressure them. And if the NHL puts rookie caps in place...well guess what? Rookies may prefer to wait to join their respective teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad