Confirmed with Link: Erik Gustafsson 1 year

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
such a huge upgrade to what jones would have been. hope he remains tight to structure and can protect himself from his own moments, but his transition is so great

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Gust is having a big affect on this team.

4 points in 6 games, +5 and playing close to 18 min a night. Big goal last night. Fox is playing a minute or two less on average this season because they can spread out the time a little more.

He knows the system and he helps the transition game moving. This is especially important on that 3rd pairing that for years has been a weak point. Its allow Schneider to settle in (I thought he had a good game last night). He isnt perfect on D and it will be interesting to see how he fares against some better lineups than what we've seen but he's been a positive.

Most importantly he adds a real threat on D for PP2. 11 PPP last season filling in for Carlson and Lav trusts him there. Its only going to benefit the kids. We saw Lavy put them out first to show PP1 how to get the puck to the net and it worked. You need that healthy competition in every area.

Really sneaky pick up by Drury for 825K.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Gust is having a big affect on this team.

4 points in 6 games, +5 and playing close to 18 min a night. Big goal last night. Fox is playing a minute or two less on average this season because they can spread out the time a little more.

He knows the system and he helps the transition game moving. This is especially important on that 3rd pairing that for years has been a weak point. Its allow Schneider to settle in (I thought he had a good game last night). He isnt perfect on D and it will be interesting to see how he fares against some better lineups than what we've seen but he's been a positive.

Most importantly he adds a real threat on D for PP2. 11 PPP last season filling in for Carlson and Lav trusts him there. Its only going to benefit the kids. We saw Lavy put them out first to show PP1 how to get the puck to the net and it worked. You need that healthy competition in every area.

Really sneaky pick up by Drury for 825K.

It shows he actually wanted to be here. Im sure other teams most likely offered more. Im just wondering why at his age, did not ask for a multi year deal. Hopefully his play does not raise his value to the point that Rangers cant afford him. He’s always been one of the most underrated dman in the league.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It shows he actually wanted to be here. Im sure other teams most likely offered more. Im just wondering why at his age, did not ask for a multi year deal. Hopefully his play does not raise his value to the point that Rangers cant afford him. He’s always been one of the most underrated dman in the league.

the cap will be going up after this season. I’m sure he’s hoping for more on a medium term deal after this season. If things continue as they are, I’d be open to Durby looking to retain him

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is it really possible after what seems forever this team isn't cursed with having the worst (or one of the worst) 6th dman in the league?
Can actually skate and put the puck on net.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
changed NHL teams 7 times in last 44 months
nice pickup, yes
but if he walks after this, so be it

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
thought that scheider had a good game against seattle and then kinda went back to doing too much against calgary
but...part of that is he needs to be the responsible one for gustaf and he sometimes gets caught up trying to do too much instead

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I know the guy came up HUGE when Fox went down but has he ever looked like an average bottom pair defenseman since Fox returned. Every game he makes some really bonehead plays or poor reads. He's had some flat out awful games over the last month, yesterday included.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know the guy came up HUGE when Fox went down but has he ever looked like an average bottom pair defenseman since Fox returned. Every game he makes some really bonehead plays or poor reads. He's had some flat out awful games over the last month, yesterday included.
Yeah, this is why I argued earlier that it was the right move to give him one year. He's a fine player but he has his limitations, which is why he keeps getting the short deals.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad