Injury Report: Erik Gudbranson to undergo shoulder surgery.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
6 Months? Wtf are they even thinking resigning this goon if they knew about the injury. My god, this management team.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Seriously. How the **** does this management make themselves look bad time and time again. This is beyond hilarious.
jJ8WQ0A.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is a six month operation and healing process....guy won't even be available to start next regular season.....explains why Jimbo couldn't trade him and had to extend him or lose him for nothing.....I suppose he might generate LTIR cap relieve early next season......potentially more valuable to the Canucks than him actually playing.....addition by subtraction.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This is a six month operation and healing process....guy won't even be available to start next regular season.....explains why Jimbo couldn't trade him and had to extend him or lose him for nothing.....I suppose he might generate LTIR cap relieve early next season......potentially more valuable to the Canucks than him actually playing.....addition by subtraction.
LTIR cap relief generates nothing.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

I could have sworn we had these discussions about how LTIR works 8 years ago

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

I don't place any credence in the Newport conspiracy suggestion, but the rest of the "Best myth buster" portion of that article is a great read and the article from hockey-graphs mentioned in it about the effect of hits given and received on NHL longevity should be a must-read for general managers and those that comment on their decisions. It makes the Dorsett extension in 2015 look even sillier than it otherwise would and makes this Gudbranson extension really bad (though this is just piling on as the extension was ridiculous anyway.)

That hockey-graphs article is at Big Deals for Big Hitters: How Physical Players Age

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I don't place any credence in the Newport conspiracy suggestion, but the rest of the "Best myth buster" portion of that article is a great read and the article from hockey-graphs mentioned in it about the effect of hits given and received on NHL longevity should be a must-read for general managers and those that comment on their decisions. It makes the Dorsett extension in 2015 look even sillier than it otherwise would and makes this Gudbranson extension really bad (though this is just piling on as the extension was ridiculous anyway.)

That hockey-graphs article is at Big Deals for Big Hitters: How Physical Players Age
I thought it was an enjoyable trip down the rabbit hole myself. But then, I do enjoy a good conspiracy.

What did you make of the Money Puck Nov 2015 forum post/Cam Lawrence Florida origin theory?

I'm looking forward to seeing what people here make of this theory.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

What did you make of the Money Puck Nov 2015 forum post/Cam Lawrence Florida origin theory?

Florida had hired Lawrence who had published an article about the declining worth of physical players and at the very least Lawrence would have expressed his views. It's impossible to tell how much of a part that played in them moving Gudbranson but I think Botchford has a point. It probably played a part and possibly a large part.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Optics certainly seem to indicate it played quite an enormous part in their subsequent trades. Seemingly with a far more positive outcome and quite correct evaluations of the players they lost amd acquired

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Florida had hired Lawrence who had published an article about the declining worth of physical players and at the very least Lawrence would have expressed his views. It's impossible to tell how much of a part that played in them moving Gudbranson but I think Botchford has a point. It probably played a part and possibly a large part.
It does seem that way doesn't it. And I'm sure I have seen a couple of people around here piece together parts of this before. I don't remember who they were off hand; maybe they'll resurface when they read the article. It is interesting isn't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad