Erie Otters 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It is unfortunate Erie had to move Neumann, I really like him. He's not finding the net a lot right now but man is he fast and he generates a lot of shots. This certainly puts a dent in the lineup next year, seems clear they are going all-in now.

I wonder where Foegle fits in, wing or center? If they plan to use him at center it could be a sign McShane could be on the move. Unless McShane can play wing.

Maksimovich-Strome-Lodnia
DeBrincat-Foegle-Raddysh
McShane-Pettit-Fellows
Bily-Poddubnyi-Girhiny

Could be the lines, we'll see. I think this pretty much ends the idea of bringing in Cirelli. Probably still need to pick up a 2nd pair LH dman, backup goaltending could be set with Murdaca.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's got to feel like a gut punch to Gens fans. Foegle less Neumann + 3rd is a net gain when compared to Cirelli less Lodnia, IMO.
Nice addition! With Strome, and now Foegle; it will be very difficult for any team to match lines with Erie.
Does Erie add a D?

Last edited:

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
Grabbing Foegele is a great move. NHL draft pick that brings in size, physicality and experience. Over a PPG player on the lowest scoring team in the league this year and also brings in a 60.2% faceoff percentage. From what I hear, he is perfectly fine playing winger too, so that's great.

I definitely liked Neumann, always showed hustle and his speed was amazing. While it does hurt from the "future" standpoint we retained Lodnia and McShane who are the true stars of the future teams.

Overall, I say great move. If we can get a low price D-man, I think we'll be set.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
That's got to feel like a gut punch to Gens fans. Foegle less Neumann + 3rd is a net gain when compared to Cirelli less Lodnia, IMO.
Nice addition!
Does Erie add a D?

why would of it been a gut punch to the generals? this trade can still happen for Lodnia, Foegle is no where near the talent that Cirelli is. and what's to say that Foegle would not be playing wing.
just saying. if trade dosn't happen oh well there's other teams or I'm just happy not to move Cirelli.
lot of rumors out there but we will all find out a week Tuesday if any of the rumors to be true.

Last edited:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Called Foegele as a strong possibility back in November. Either him or Cordell James from Barrie

Love the move

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
why would of it been a gut punch to the generals? this trade can still happen for Lodnia, Foegle is no where near the talent that Cirelli is. and what's to say that Foegle would not be playing wing.
just saying. if trade dosn't happen oh well there's other teams or I'm just happy not to move Cirelli.
lot of rumors out there but we will all find out a week Tuesday if any of the rumors to be true.

Though Cirelli is better,
Foegele is cheaper. Love Neumann for the future. If the kid gets stronger he will really be a solid top 6 forward that given his size is guaranteed to play his OA year. Hard to move on from him but he isn't overly important to this year's team. Foegele is a point per game guy with a Kingston team that isn't that talented this year, and young. He was a top 6 guy last year and a NHL prospect. Bottom line, put him with Debrincat and Raddysh and don't be shocked if he racks up 1.5 points per game the rest of the way. He's talented and has some skills, and now comes to a team that plays a more offensive style with better forwards.

For the price it cost- LOVE IT.

Neumann for Foegele
Or
Lodnia for Cirelli

In this case we keep Lodnia and make a dramatic upgrade over McShane.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Nice addition! With Strome, and now Foegle; it will be very difficult for any team to match lines with Erie.
Does Erie add a D?
According to sources, they aren't done.
This type of move and the Cirelli rumors should prove they are all in.
I believed they needed to add a top 6 center to push McShane back (too much pressure for a rookie) and they needed a 4-5 defender with size and stay at home tendencies. An upgrade over Martin would go a long way

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Though Cirelli is better,
Foegele is cheaper. Love Neumann for the future. If the kid gets stronger he will really be a solid top 6 forward that given his size is guaranteed to play his OA year. Hard to move on from him but he isn't overly important to this year's team. Foegele is a point per game guy with a Kingston team that isn't that talented this year, and young. He was a top 6 guy last year and a NHL prospect. Bottom line, put him with Debrincat and Raddysh and don't be shocked if he racks up 1.5 points per game the rest of the way. He's talented and has some skills, and now comes to a team that plays a more offensive style with better forwards.

For the price it cost- LOVE IT.

Neumann for Foegele
Or
Lodnia for Cirelli

In this case we keep Lodnia and make a dramatic upgrade over McShane.

like I said this trade could still happen,unless you know Eries GM and know something that we all don't
I'm just thinking what the generals did upon there memorial cup run they got as many better players as they could and did mortgaged there furture as you don't know when your chance will be again.did I like some of the young prospects away NO but that's what you have to do, and thank God that we did because we won the prize, don't know Erie situation but this maybe there last legite chance for a cup for awhile,so adding strength add a cost is something that you may have to do.
I respect your opinion this is just my opinion.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
like I said this trade could still happen,unless you know Eries GM and know something that we all don't
I'm just thinking what the generals did upon there memorial cup run they got as many better players as they could and did mortgaged there furture as you don't know when your chance will be again.did I like some of the young prospects away NO but that's what you have to do, and thank God that we did because we won the prize, don't know Erie situation but this maybe there last legite chance for a cup for awhile,so adding strength add a cost is something that you may have to do.
I respect your opinion this is just my opinion.

I think something could definitely happen

But if it does , it would involved McShane. At this stage they just added a 60% centerman. Not that Foegele couldn't move to wing.. heard he can.. but now the need would be a winger. Already have Strome, Foegele, Pettit as a 1-2-3 punch with all 60% faceoff guys. Erie could afford to get another forward if they desire but giving up Lodnia now would seem pointless unless adding a top winger.

That's just my sense. You don't add a 60% center to move him to the wing. Though you are right, who knows what Brown is thinking
But I do think that all remaining assets should go towards a defender. Unless you trade McShane for Cirelli which in that case..

Foegele-Strome-Lodnia
Raddysh-Cirelli-Debrincat
Maksimovich-Pettit-Fellows

You wouldn't actually need a dominant defense with that... yikes

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Otters

I think something could definitely happen

But if it does , it would involved McShane. At this stage they just added a 60% centerman. Not that Foegele couldn't move to wing.. heard he can.. but now the need would be a winger. Already have Strome, Foegele, Pettit as a 1-2-3 punch with all 60% faceoff guys. Erie could afford to get another forward if they desire but giving up Lodnia now would seem pointless unless adding a top winger.

That's just my sense. You don't add a 60% center to move him to the wing. Though you are right, who knows what Brown is thinking
But I do think that all remaining assets should go towards a defender. Unless you trade McShane for Cirelli which in that case..

Foegele-Strome-Lodnia
Raddysh-Cirelli-Debrincat
Maksimovich-Pettit-Fellows

You wouldn't actually need a dominant defense with that... yikes

Won't say who I spoke but guarantee u McShane and picks won't get it done for Cirelli, Lodnia will.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Won't say who I spoke but guarantee u McShane and picks won't get it done for Cirelli, Lodnia will.

At this stage, Erie has enough top end offense.
I love Cirelli but adding a 40-50 point third line winger would be far more valuable than losing Lodnia for Cirelli. Their top 6 is set. I slightly worry about the bottom 6 but if you improve the defense with experience and size, you don't need to score 4-5 goals every night.

If Erie did add Cirelli,
Then what about the defense? That's my concern. Unless you are getting a pick or 2 back in the Cirelli move to flip for a dman

Either this move tells you 1) Erie decided better of moving Lodnia - originally were leaning that way for Cirelli- and got a "cheaper" upgrade while keeping an eye on future (can't fall back to 2003-2012 years) or 2) this is the first domino in the "F it" season for the management in going all out

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Which explains the Foegle (Cirelli-lite in every facet of the game) trade. They are quite similar players. Or, coached to play a very similar game.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Which explains the Foegle (Cirelli-lite in every facet of the game) trade. They are quite similar players.

Again why I can't see them adding Cirelli now

The recent play from the offense has shown staff that the top end guys aren't an issue. Depth though could be a bit better. Foegele minus Neumann is much better than Cirelli minus Lodnia

Yes Cirelli is better but Foegele is no slouch. And Lodnia is much better than Neumann

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Erie stepping up n adding a quality piece. Good move.
Strome n Foegle added in the last month to a team that was already at the top of the conf.
As I said before they are the team a championship has to go thru.

Knights/Spits n Soo we anxiously await any coming response.
Its shaping up to be quit an interesting deadline and race to the finish line.

Mayday3*

Does Erie add a D?

Yeah, guess Gens fans will have to settle for 1st place in the Eastern Conference...:sarcasm:

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
It is debatable who is better, Cirelli or Foegele.

Foegele is much more aggressive physically, and has every bit of a scoring ability, remember Kingston is a defensive team first and I have stated that the system used in Kingston would turn Gretzky into a 20 goal scorer.

Cirelli's name is out there because of team Canada and 2 huge goals in his rookie year but do not underestimate Foegele he will bring it for Erie.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
considering winning 1st is a guaranteed Memorial Cup berth...perhaps Cirelli and Vande Sompel go no where and Gens decide to fight it out with the Petes for that berth

Have to believe they trade at least 1 of those 2.
But look they also don't need to accept a poor offer. So unless a team pays, they won't trade them

h10*

Jan 12, 2011

Foegele is much more aggressive physically, and has every bit of a scoring ability, remember Kingston is a defensive team first and I have stated that the system used in Kingston would turn Gretzky into a 20 goal scorer.

Cirelli's name is out there because of team Canada and 2 huge goals in his rookie year but do not underestimate Foegele he will bring it for Erie.

I've watched Foegele play. Most of his goals make me say "wow how does this kid not have 30 goals"?

Totally underrated which is why mentioned months ago Erie should be looking at him. They don't need a 100 point guy- already have 3 of those. But a physical, bigger, 2 way guy is honestly perfect for their needs. In this Erie offense for a full season- 80-90 points is something Foegele could have attained in a 68 game season. Especially when you consider he likely centers Debrincat and Raddysh

And again, even if Cirelli is slightly better, Lodnia is much better over Neumann

You trade Cirelli to make him come here and be your 4th best forward while getting rid of you 4th best forward before today (Lodnia)
Or you trade for Foegele to be your 4th best forward and trade away your 8th best forward (Neumann)

McShane, if he can play wing, is more consistent than Neumann so Erie doesn't really lose bottom 6 depth by sliding McShane down to line 3. But they gain a legit top 6 center. It seems like a perfect fit.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

You can't never get enough talent, Cirelli name was out there before team Canada and the 2 goals in the memorial cup has nothing to do with his name he is a very good player and not taking anything away from Foegele who isalso a good player, but a team (Erie) has to get all the best for there run and that's not taking anything away from McShane & Lodina it's about this season not the furture because you don't know what the future brings.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If McShane + two 3rds doesn't get it done for Cirelli, then if I'm Dave Brown, I hang up the phone. There isn't a deal to be had there that makes sense for the Otters imo.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah, guess Gens fans will have to settle for 1st place in the Eastern Conference...:sarcasm:

:)
ADD!! Make it a battle with Hamilton, Peterborough, & Missy for eastern champions. Drive prices up further and extend assets; so that, the wolves are better positioned next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad