Erie Otters 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
I'm sure Pierre Turgeon thought your coach was a class act too.

Spot on. Anyone else find it ironic that a poster with an American philanthropist as an avatar is the first one to criticize a kid with a lot of pressure on him? Even more so when you go on the Windsor thread & they are cheer leading for a win over Erie WAY before the game starts? Hey, you got your win, enjoy it.

Thank you to the respectful fans from other fan bases.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Hey guys. I know it's early but how does your team project for next year? Full rebuild, or still a playoff team?

Also, congrats on a great season :thumbu:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Erie loses to a team that had no right, that's going to hurt forever!

I beg to differ, the system Sucks Windsor gets knock off in the 1st round and full credit for winning the Cup but as they practiced they were also getting healthy as Erie played what 23-26 games in the playoffs & all the travel to get to the cup, I'm sure that they were mentally drain and had injury issues as Windsor had time to heal. Erie fans hold your head high as there are a lot of OHL teams that would switch places with you to be OHL champs and having the chase to win the Memorial Cup:handclap:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I'll give Timpano a little slack for his frustration. After all, he probably knows he's going to end up being the goat in all of this....I'd be frustrated too!

Yeah but you don't throw the stick at anyone emotion or not emotion. He had a great season and the tournament can't blame the loss on him, Windsor just played better and capitalized on there chances.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Hey guys. I know it's early but how does your team project for next year? Full rebuild, or still a playoff team?

Also, congrats on a great season :thumbu:

If they wait until the trade deadline to start the rebuild, a definite playoff team. If they start the rebuild before the season, then no playoffs. My suspicion (and hope) is they wait to deal Radysch, Fergus and the other vets.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Failing to win a championship during this remarkable 4 year run would have been devastating. Failing to win the Memorial Cup is disappointing. Going to be an interesting off season for sure.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Boy do I feel for the Otters this morning, they had a great season and were a great team. The rules of the tourney were implemented for all teams involved and a winner came out of it, personally I would of like to see a best of three final but right now it is what it is. I had the Otters selling at the start of the season to reload for the future but they fooled me as they started playing really well and then Strome came back. They added some surgical additions and they now had the best team in the CHL in my opinion, sad it all ended with a loss in the only one game final at the Memorial cup tourney.

- In the end you have to give it to Windsor as they did beat all three league Champs and the Otters twice !!!

Nothing Else Maattas

Oct 25, 2012
Erie, PA
I have to give Windsor credit where credit was due, and it would have been nice to raise 4 banners in September on opening night. It will definitely be interesting to see how this team is next season roster and coach wise.
On another note we don't really retire numbers in Erie, but 19, 97 and maybe 12 should never be worn again in this town and hanging from the wall at the arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad