EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
The Metro is worse than last year, the Valley is better than last year- we can all agree on that?

Makes for some damn exciting hockey.

Daley's been my playoff MVP so far, although OW's Zac Rodier and Almonte's Andrew Rowbotham are close second and third.

I think that the metro is just weaker than it was last year. Most teams in the Valley are the same as they were last year with the exceptions for the few overagers. The overagers are really helping Almonte win the games though.

Tonight's games just comes down to if Daley can play well, if he plays well I think Almonte wins the game.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Absolutely unreal that some would criticize these 2 young broadcasters. They are simply trying to get some experience. Good for them.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Absolutely unreal that some would criticize these 2 young broadcasters. They are simply trying to get some experience. Good for them.

People love to complain. They complain about refs, opposing players, and now teenage broadcasters... pretty ridiculous.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa

Thanks, but it's all water under the bridge now- both parties have moved on!

As for today's game, I thought that Almonte were unlucky not to have a few more goals (Abbis-Mills hitting the crossbar comes to mind). Thought both teams were really driving the net hard. You can tell how badly both teams want this.

If this series stays to the script, Almonte will win G6 at home, forcing what would be an unreal game seven at OW (I'm assuming Monday)

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Thanks, but it's all water under the bridge now- both parties have moved on!

As for today's game, I thought that Almonte were unlucky not to have a few more goals (Abbis-Mills hitting the crossbar comes to mind). Thought both teams were really driving the net hard. You can tell how badly both teams want this.

If this series stays to the script, Almonte will win G6 at home, forcing what would be an unreal game seven at OW (I'm assuming Monday)

Series will end Saturday.

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
OW vs Almonte tonight, should be another good game. Almonte has played very well. I have been especially impressed by McKechnie on D and Martin. Martin is a force and I could only imagine what he would do if he had a couple of better wingers

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
3-0 OW final. Good effort by Almonte.

Hopefully the Knights get a few guys back for the final.

hockeylifer

Jan 25, 2013
Schedule is out for OW vs Casselman - first game Thursday at Barbara Ann Scott

1 :Casselman Ottawa West Golden Knights Thu, Apr 03 7:30 PM B. Ann Scott
2 Ottawa West Golden Knights :Casselman Sun, Apr 06 7:30 PM Brisson
3 :Casselman Ottawa West Golden Knights Mon, Apr 07 7:30 PM B. Ann Scott
4 Ottawa West Golden Knights :Casselman Wed, Apr 09 7:30 PM Brisson
5 :Casselman Ottawa West Golden Knights Thu, Apr 10 7:30 PM B. Ann Scott
6 Ottawa West Golden Knights :Casselman Sun, Apr 13 7:30 PM Brisson
7 :Casselman Ottawa West Golden Knights Mon, Apr 14 7:30 PM B. Ann Scott

Will be a very exciting series - 2 top scorers from each league, both very offensively strong - should be interesting to watch.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
Vikings over Knights in 5. Vikings have so much fire power with the likes of Widenmaire, Maxme, Joel , Knights ???? have no answer for that. Will be short but sweet .

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Vikings over Knights in 5. Vikings have so much fire power with the likes of Widenmaire, Maxme, Joel , Knights ???? have no answer for that. Will be short but sweet .

I would take OTW's top 6 over the Viking's top 6. Casselman has better D and goaltending though. Casselman has yet to face real tough competition while OTW usually brings their A game when they face better teams. This series could honestly go either way.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
So the Knights have answers for guys like Robinson, Luke Martin, Parker, but they don't for the Vikings players? Not sure I get that.

If the Knights get some injured guys back and playing (Shanks, Kyle, Milito, Connolly) then I like their chances.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
1st game will go to OW, Casselman has had to sit for sometime and may take them a game to get back into it. From there on I think Casselman will shut down OW either winning four straight or taking it in 6. OW had a hard time winning in Almonte and it will be even harder in Casselman. It is not that OW will getting beaten by the skill of Casselmen it will be due to physical fatigue.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
Martin -Parker-Robinson all good players but, Vikings have 3 GREAT lines. plus plus the Knights will win 1 then good night Knights.:)

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Martin -Parker-Robinson all good players but, Vikings have 3 GREAT lines. plus plus the Knights will win 1 then good night Knights.:)

OTW has two BETTER lines and will have a GREAT third line when their players return from injury on Thursday. No team has been able to match the Knights so far offensively.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
IMO Ottawa West will have a difficult time matching Casselman's back end and goaltending. Both teams have good forwards but Championships are won with good defense/goaltending, OW's are just average.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
IMO Ottawa West will have a difficult time matching Casselman's back end and goaltending. Both teams have good forwards but Championships are won with good defense/goaltending, OW's are just average.

Same thing was said before that last 2 series...

We shall see, I guess.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
OTW has two BETTER lines and will have a GREAT third line when their players return from injury on Thursday. No team has been able to match the Knights so far offensively.

sorry but the Knights donot have ONE player that can keep up with Joel or Maxme.speed or Widenmaire scoring.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
Gusfring I don't what to get you upset. I just feel bad for the Knights, it will be like a train hitting a little car.:help:

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
sorry but the Knights donot have ONE player that can keep up with Joel or Maxme.speed or Widenmaire scoring.

Rodier led the entire Jr B league in scoring. Rodier also has 35 points so far in the playoffs. Not as good of a PPG average as Widenmaier but OTW has played much stronger teams.

hurricane11

Oct 12, 2012
Seen both teams play and i don't see this series going more than 5 games.

Forwards
OTW top 6 slightly better but overall depth i say would go to the Vikings

Defence
This will be the difference Casselman's D are built to handle OTW forwards not sure OTW's D can handle Casselman's.

Goaltending
Big Edge to Casselman

Coaching
Slight edge in favour of Casselman

Other
Very tough for a visiting team to win in Casselman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad