EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
The Vikes came out of the gate flying, and simply played a near-perfect road game.

De Meis was incredible, and earned out first star selection. Maxime Choquette impressed for the Vikings too.

West struggled to deal with an aggressive Casselman forecheck, and didn't create a whole lot 5-on-5.

Side note- How godly is Devin Desnoyer's flow? :handclap:

Last edited:

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Thoughts on the Wintjes hit?

The ref evaluator was filming the game next to our table, and the multiple views I saw of the play indicated a punch to the face. Whether it was embellished or not, the ref made the right call IMO.

Last edited:

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
Thoughts on the Wintjes hit?

The ref evaluator was filming the game next to our table, and the multiple views I saw of the play indicated a punch to the face. Whether it was embellished or not, the ref made the right call IMO.

That was clearly an embellishment. Happens right beside his own bench, trainer likely telling him to stay down….since trainer kept looking for the ref vs focusing on the injured player… player acts as if he is concussed needing help off the ice…and voila…..soon after he's back skating normally. And that wasn't the only one, there was alot of selling going on the to ref by the Vikings…that is clearly one thing they are good at.

ottawa freak

Mar 6, 2014
That was clearly an embellishment. Happens right beside his own bench, trainer likely telling him to stay down….since trainer kept looking for the ref vs focusing on the injured player… player acts as if he is concussed needing help off the ice…and voila…..soon after he's back skating normally. And that wasn't the only one, there was alot of selling going on the to ref by the Vikings…that is clearly one thing they are good at.

off course when you're ottawa fan you will only see what casselamn do wrong If I start talking about you're team It will take me about a hour to complete my statement . example don't start the clock at the end of the game so ottawa can't score that's only 1 thing out of 10 i can't tell you so If you're coming to casselman sunday stop at hakin optical to get glasses so you see the game better.

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
off course when you're ottawa fan you will only see what casselamn do wrong If I start talking about you're team It will take me about a hour to complete my statement . example don't start the clock at the end of the game so ottawa can't score that's only 1 thing out of 10 i can't tell you so If you're coming to casselman sunday stop at hakin optical to get glasses so you see the game better.

Bring your speedo so you fit in with the rest of the Viking divers.

ottawa freak

Mar 6, 2014

I forgot to add something also in the 3rd period youre 2 clowns behind the bench arguing that's good example infront of you're own player and allard get throw out of the game and won't to come around the board to fight with fans that verry classy

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

Honestly, is this english?

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
I forgot to add something also in the 3rd period youre 2 clowns behind the bench arguing that's good example infront of you're own player and allard get throw out of the game and won't to come around the board to fight with fans that verry classy

If your jackass fans weren't standing behind the OW bench nothing would have happened. We know you Cassleman guys have something for other guys…and sometimes sheep or goats…but stick to chasing the Casselman heifers and you won't have those problems.

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
Casselman

I've been to many games this year metro/valley as we'll as rideau/st.lawrence. Yes I believe the top teams in the metro/valley is good hockey but there's no way watching a playoff series in ottawa is better than in the Rideau/st.lawrence. With the exception of Casselman of course, the series are absolutely gruelling for players. Being banged up taking shots anywhere to help there team. Where as in the Metro/Valley there is little to no hitting. Kids turn away when they should finish a check, or just swipe there stick to show " little effort" they have. I'm not knocking the Metro valley by any means. But a team as good and we'll roused as Casselman, will run over anybody. As you saw last night even in a 3-2 hockey game. Casselman's style of play makes OWGK un disciplined and when you give the vikings a Pp you know there gonna capatilize. Be Interesting to see Game 2 but I'm saying it's gonna be the same result. Casselman in 4 or 5

ottawa freak

Mar 6, 2014
If your jackass fans weren't standing behind the OW bench nothing would have happened. We know you Cassleman guys have something for other guys…and sometimes sheep or goats…but stick to chasing the Casselman heifers and you won't have those problems.

maybe I am a jackass but you didn't awnser me what happenned when the clock didn't start at the end of the game .

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
maybe I am a jackass but you didn't awnser me what happenned when the clock didn't start at the end of the game .

Sorry Sherlock, I am not the timekeeper so you'll have to do your own investigation of that. If you want "respec" like Michel Therien would say, your fans should just let players play the game versus thinking they are part of the game. Players decide the outcome of any series not jerks in the stands.

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
Sorry Sherlock, I am not the timekeeper so you'll have to do your own investigation of that. If you want "respec" like Michel Therien would say, your fans should just let players play the game versus thinking they are part of the game. Players decide the outcome of any series not jerks in the stands.

And I apologize if I offended anyone with any disparaging remarks previously made in the heat of battle (I forgot about the 24 hour rule)

ottawa freak

Mar 6, 2014
And I apologize if I offended anyone with any disparaging remarks previously made in the heat of battle (I forgot about the 24 hour rule)

hey jackass youre the one that start the conversation about one of our player faking on the ice like you just said let the player player play the game

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
hey jackass youre the one that start the conversation about one of our player faking on the ice like you just said let the player player play the game

Sorry, you already confirmed you are the jackass on this board. Get back to your investigation…they say the first 48 hours are crucial to solving any crime.

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
Sorry, you already confirmed you are the jackass on this board. Get back to your investigation…they say the first 48 hours are crucial to solving any crime.

Casselman's #17 did end up staying on the ice yes, but id say for good reason. Not because he was hurt but because he was able to get OW best defenceman maybe the best defenceman in the league out of the game. I'm not about diving.. But for a hard fought battle that this will be. Kudos to #17 being aware who it was.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I've been to many games this year metro/valley as we'll as rideau/st.lawrence. Yes I believe the top teams in the metro/valley is good hockey but there's no way watching a playoff series in ottawa is better than in the Rideau/st.lawrence. With the exception of Casselman of course, the series are absolutely gruelling for players. Being banged up taking shots anywhere to help there team. Where as in the Metro/Valley there is little to no hitting. Kids turn away when they should finish a check, or just swipe there stick to show " little effort" they have. I'm not knocking the Metro valley by any means. But a team as good and we'll roused as Casselman, will run over anybody. As you saw last night even in a 3-2 hockey game. Casselman's style of play makes OWGK un disciplined and when you give the vikings a Pp you know there gonna capatilize. Be Interesting to see Game 2 but I'm saying it's gonna be the same result. Casselman in 4 or 5

Great first post, but it's total garbage.

That's a lot of confidence after a 3-2 game where it was clear that if they were a little more disciplined (or the Vikings dove less) that OW would have won.

Ever played against Gatineau in their barn? No hitting? Right.

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
Great first post, but it's total garbage.

That's a lot of confidence after a 3-2 game where it was clear that if they were a little more disciplined (or the Vikings dove less) that OW would have won.

Ever played against Gatineau in their barn? No hitting? Right.

I'm not going to argue about which is better because this is one of the best Jr leagues in canada besides the obvious JR.A. Both OWGK and Casselman Deserve to be in the championship and a chance to battle for the Eastern Canadian championships. Personally I just don't see Casselman losing. De meis played great last night and that won't change. And if OW keeps relying on refs and putting all the blame on them.. There toast. Yes West did have lots of chances to et back in the game before the 1:00 minute mark, most of them were one and done, and the Vikings had sustainable pressure again. Everyone's going to have there own opinions, I just don't see Casselman losing more than 1 game in this series.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I'm not going to argue about which is better because this is one of the best Jr leagues in canada besides the obvious JR.A. Both OWGK and Casselman Deserve to be in the championship and a chance to battle for the Eastern Canadian championships. Personally I just don't see Casselman losing. De meis played great last night and that won't change. And if OW keeps relying on refs and putting all the blame on them.. There toast. Yes West did have lots of chances to et back in the game before the 1:00 minute mark, most of them were one and done, and the Vikings had sustainable pressure again. Everyone's going to have there own opinions, I just don't see Casselman losing more than 1 game in this series.

And that's why the game is played on the ice. We shall see.

hockeyfan8

Mar 1, 2014
No class OW

What a game yesterday!! Lots of enternainment behind the OW bench lol was laughing all 3rd period with that old fart going and push a minora 14 year old to stand to one of the cAsselman fan!! No class OW no class and sundin hes a total ***** watching him!! Screaming to casselman players and the ref for stupid reasons!! Can't wait to attend to sundays game gonna be really good!!

Hockeyobserverjrb

Jan 10, 2014
Ottawa West time keepers

I've been reading a lot of these posts and some make sense. The game is to be played on the ice by the players. Unfortunately last night, adults tried to decide the game in the last 30 seconds! Stupid, classless, childish, name it. Those time keepers should be removed immediately by the Ottawa West management. If the same guys show up Monday night, then you will know that this was a deliberate act. And don't give me BS excuse that it was an honest mistake. They did the same thing vs Almonte but Almonte did not see it.

Wouldn't be surprise that those time keepers were the same one who screwed novice players last year. If you can't be professional in the job you are doing, give it to someone who can. If you need the $20 so much, let me know and I will send you a personal cheque for each game you'll miss.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I think anyone at the game last can agree that the game was poorly ref'd on both sides. It was extremely inconsistent. Exciting game nonetheless and I hope the Knights can rally back. It's only been one game but this is looking like a great series. Two very deserving teams.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Ottawa West was very undisciplined, that's why Casselman won. Hardly a steam roll, I thought it was one of the worst games I have seen in the finals in a long time, the level of play was weak. The officiating really struggled on top of the players embellishments and just plain selfish penalties.

Neither team impressed me whatsoever, to even suggest one was much better than the other is blind homerism. I was able to attend a Gatineau OW playoff game in the first round, the execution and speed was much better. I know its a long playoffs but I really did expect better from both teams.

Ottawa West came out flying then the 5 minute major took the wind out of their sails, embellishment or not that's terrible from a captain. Very selfish play, if you are going to play like that you deserve to lose. OW hardly any push back until the third. A lot of simple plays for both teams appeared like a struggle. This is likely due to Casselmans time off and OW's poor preparation and lack of discipline.

Last edited:

hockey678

Apr 4, 2014
another winner who never put 5 dollars of gas in is car and drove to casselman to see real hockey and real good hockey players. beside rodier give name of players who got more experience then junior b . I hope those 2 guys come back it will take some ice time of the 2 top line

Gottzman OJHL, Edgard GOJHL, Wintches OJHL, Shanks GOJHL and CCHL, Kilrea CCHL, Deschamps CCHL, Milito CCHL, Allard CCHL, Lafleur CCHL.

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
The Vikes will win in 5 and Sundin will get schooled in the art of coaching GO VIKES GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

All the homers are picking OW cause they are too lazy to go watch an extremely good hky team in Casselman.

I've been reading all the back and forth and the common factor in most of it is Grade 1 is complete just check the above quote LMAO!!!!!:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad