TSN: End of the Deadline || Fire Benning, his mother, his dog and probably Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
this team is the joke of the league right now, clearing house would be a good start.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Go dig it up in one of the old threads on here. Hamhuis reportedly waived for Pitts, Chi and Dallas. The trade returns are speculation from media sources, like I said believe it if you want or just believe that Dan Hamhuis and Mike Gillis are sabotaging us.

Telling someone to look it up means you have absolutely no source.

The big guys with sources on TSN have only said he waived for DAL and CHI.

The trade returns are speculation from randoms on twitter dude.

I don't believe Hamhuis or Gillis are sabotaging us but your post was claiming as truth things that are weak twitter speculation at this point.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Can someone photoshop Benning, Linden and Weisbrod's face on to the three stooges for me? Thank you.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Maybe I am being harsh on hamhuis, but how can anyone honestly say he isn't at least partially responsible?

No one can explain why he wants to stay in Vancouver with a WORSE team than he could have had if he had left for 3 months and come back.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
I really have to hand it to Benning here. Although the media and many fans were calling for an immediate sell off of all vets (a la Toronto), Benning stuck to his guns and kept his vets.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Vrbata go, the truth of the matter is that losing Hamhuis would have been extremely risky (i.e. if unable to re-sign Hammer next season, making a thin defense even thinnner.......which could have affected the rebuilding process, and more specifically, guys like Ben Hutton and Jacob Markstrom).

I know fans are disappointed right now, but Benning really is putting on a clinic as to how you rebuild S-L-O-W-L-Y and S-T-E-A-D-I-L-Y while maintaining a culture of accountability (i.e. conducive environment for the kids).

My hats off to Benning and the team for not giving into media pressure.

Do you go around looking for things to be wrong about?

Hamhuis all but literally said he'd resign with Vancouver no matter where he spent the latter part of the season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm just confused. Benning told me this was a 100+ point team, while we're trying to get younger by moving picks and prospects for older players. I dunno ... it's just confusing and the messages coming from the organization appear to be contradictory.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Retweeting every tweet with the hashtag #FireBenning.

Let's show some support for the intelligent fans.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I really have to hand it to Benning here. Although the media and many fans were calling for an immediate sell off of all vets (a la Toronto), Benning stuck to his guns and kept his vets.

While I wouldn't have minded seeing Vrbata go, the truth of the matter is that losing Hamhuis would have been extremely risky (i.e. if unable to re-sign Hammer next season, making a thin defense even thinnner.......which could have affected the rebuilding process, and more specifically, guys like Ben Hutton and Jacob Markstrom).

I know fans are disappointed right now, but Benning really is putting on a clinic as to how you rebuild S-L-O-W-L-Y and S-T-E-A-D-I-L-Y while maintaining a culture of accountability (i.e. conducive environment for the kids).

My hats off to Benning and the team for not giving into media pressure.

For some reason this post reminds me of Baghdad Bob, the Iraqi information minister during the Iraq War:

'We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels - We have driven them back."

"Surrender or be burned in their tanks."

"No I am not scared and neither should you be!"

"We have them surrounded in their tanks"

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Do you go around looking for things to be wrong about?

Hamhuis all but literally said he'd resign with Vancouver no matter where he spent the latter part of the season.

Don't bother wasting your time, it is like arguing with a flat Earther.

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
How can Benning still have a job tomorrow? Seriously, how can the Aquilini's ever justify that they don't instantly fire the biggest idiot this franchise has ever seen?

What a ****ing *********. Never have I seen so much incompetence in one person. Ever.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Kind of funny that Nashville and Philadelphia got more assets out of Hamhuis' negotiating rights than Benning was able to manage.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Man they must expect to have quite the offseason if they think they are making the playoffs... they are one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL and have very few reg wins.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
For all the people saying why wouldn't Hamhuis leave for three months...#1 he did say he'd leave from what I've seen but it had to be for a select few. Not a big deal. And #2 I'd ask how many have left their young family for 3 months and know what that feels like? 2 weeks is hard enough for me.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Truly disgusting response from some "fans" on here. Blaming Hamhuis for not making his own trade after he waived for THREE teams. Even the trusted media guys said this one is all on Benning. Sorry that your saviour went and ****ed up again.

That's not true. TSN panel said it was mostly on Benning, but they also questioned how dumb hamhuis was for not wanting to make his team better by taking a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad