Tracklist:
Walk on water (worst song on album)
Believer (not bad)
Chloraseptic (really good)
Untouchable (dislike)
River (edsheeran cmon epic)
Remind me (best song )
Revival interlude (meh)
Like home (Alicia keys and actually dope song)
Bad husband (apologizing to kim...first his mom really cool:( )
Tragic ending (meh Skylar Grey doe)
Framed (great track)
Nowhere fast (great track)
Heat (great track)
Offended (great track)
Need me (piiiinkkkk)
In yourhead (zombieombie great cover)
Castle greatttt
Arose superb

Overall pretty good album

Rank it 6th of all eminem albums
Slimshady1
Lp1
Recovery
Eminem show
Infinite
Revival
Encore
Lp2
relapse

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just listened to it all the way through...

Not a fan of this one. Probably one of my least liked albums from him. :(

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
clever shit Eminem does.He's a genius. Castle is a letter to Hailie from a 2007 perspective at the time of his overdose. He overdosed at the end of the track. Hence the sound of pills being taken and a body drops. In Arose he's in a hospital bed dying... You can hear him in the background grunting... struggling to speak.. and wake up. ( this track is much better with headphones ) He's saying good bye to every one. But he manages to come out of it and Arose! He rewinds back to the end of Castle and instead of taking the pills..... he flushes them down the toilet. Genius. Also I love how he titles this Arose and samples the song A rose. And he arose on the track. Very very clever

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Listened to it again after my post in the hip hop thread and still feel the same.

Somehow managed to make it too poppy and too political and seems like he's pandering a bit. Arose and Castle are probably the two best songs. Walk On Water and Remind Me are f***ing terrible. Don't like Untouchable either. Rest are meh at best.

River is sure to get a ton of a radio play and is one of those songs you'll hear so much that you'll eventually start to like.

Eminem Show
MMLP
SSLP
MMLP2
----
Recovery
----
Encore
Relapse
Revival

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Obviously not his best work but still nowhere near as bad as MMLP2, and as of now I'd have it tied with Recovery.

Relapse
SSLP
MMLP
Eminem Show
Encore
Recovery/Revival
MMLP2

Reactions: PensandCaps

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hands down the worst album of his career. River is the only song I enjoyed. After Recovery and MMLP2, I was expecting him to continue the rise, but this makes Relapse look good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Relapse is his best album post-hiatus and I won’t hear otherwise
I said it in the hip hop thread but I think it’s weird how Relapse doesn’t get so much love because of the accents even though the bars are sick. I really dig Relapse. It’s nowhere near Encore or Revival’s level on how bad it was.

Like I said, only Framed and the final two tracks are good from this album. Maybe a few others can grow on me, but it was a whole lot of eye rolling as I listened through it yesterday.

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I didn't like this one at all. Most of the songs are very corny and it's way too long. Mediocre production as well.

8/10:
The Slim Shady LP
The Marshall Mathers LP

7/10:
The Eminem Show

6/10:
Relapse

5/10:
The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Infinite

3/10:
Revival

2/10:
Encore
Recovery

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Nothing will ever top "The Marshall Mathers LP." That album was/is such a ragefully savage beast :)

The original "Slim Shady LP" was/is great too though.

Reactions: KapG

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
listening to some tracks and it just makes me angry/disappointed. Framed is insane, imo. Castle and Arose are great and he's still perfectly capable of putting out great stuff. Ughhhhh.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Think you guys underrate this, sure there's a couple awful ones but it's pretty decent.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Terrible. Just pop trash imo. Its almost sad listening from where he started on Infinite and ending up at this.

but I guess its all about making that $$$$ in the pop world.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Eminem needs Dre to produce his work in the worst way. He still has bars, though at times he is corny. His production is bad more often than not.

Ooh, and no singing, please no singing.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Suffers from putting too much music on the album. If he released this as an EP with just: Believe, Chlorasceptic, Framed, Castle, Arose. We'd say he's back.

Too much pandering to soccer moms.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Terrible. Just pop trash imo. Its almost sad listening from where he started on Infinite and ending up at this.

I agree with you both. I miss the days when Eminem was seen as essentially public enemy #1 in the eyes of the mainstream. He was raw, he was pissed off, he was honest, and he didn't give a f***. Especially about pandering to a crowd. He just did his thing and if you didn't like it then "f*** you".

Obviously I'm a metal fan and I grew up as such. Aside from early Eminem and some 90's gangsta rap I'm by no means nor have I ever been a "rap fan." Still, I remember buying both the "Slim Shady" and original "Marshall Mathers" LP's shortly after they both came out back in the day. Good times.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Suffers from putting too much music on the album. If he released this as an EP with just: Believe, Chlorasceptic, Framed, Castle, Arose. We'd say he's back.

No, it’d still be the worst work of his career. Castle/Arose are ok, but the other 3 you mentioned suck. He’s got some cool lyrics and whatnot, like always, but the best this album has to offer is mediocre at best, so it doesn’t really matter how many songs it has.

They say a lot of artists make a bunch of crap music to play around with some new stuff and get the creative juices flowing and then scrap what they’d done, and do the album. This seems like he figured the crap he was playing around with was good enough, and just released it. It’s unfinished, doesn’t work with his style, and kind of boring

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Same with MMLP2, which I actually liked.

If he limited that album to Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, Berzerk (lead single, I guess?), Rap God, Brainless, So Far, Love Game, Headlights and Evil Twin and limited Revival to 6-8 of the best tracks (and didn't cut supposed features with 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Kendrick, etc.) people probably wouldn't be hesitant to still call him one of the tops of the 2010s even, imo.

@The Nuge Believe is one big meh for me, Chloraseptic is okay but would have been better with the rumoured 2 Chainz feature with this being the song he was supposed to be on, but Framed, Castle and Arose are much better than just "ok," IMO. Framed actually brought me back to flashbacks of some older Em and showed me he's still perfectly capable of putting some good stuff out there, he just doesn't do it on his own albums for some reason.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Eminem Show
MMLP
SSLP
Relapse
MMLP2
Recovery
Revival
Encore

The album was not that great, IMO. It's riddled with awful production, corny lyrics and crappy flows. It had a few good tracks.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Walk on water - 3/10
Believe - 4/10
Chloraseptic - 6/10
Untouchable - 3/10
River - 8/10
Remind me - 3/10
Like home - 8/10
Bad husband - 8/10
Tragic ending - 6/10
Framed - 8/10
Nowhere fast - 7/10
Heat - 3/10
Offended - 5/10
Need me - 6/10
In your head - 9/10
Castle - 9/10
Arose - 9/10

Something about that Zombies sample I am just loving. Overall, meh. I think I have adjusted my expectations and the album seems to follow suit with what I would expect from Eminem now. Unfortunately we will never see another album that is similar to SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show. He raps more about his past regrets than anything now and how he is apologizing to the people that he has hurt in his career. As a fan of Marshall Mathers this is a good thing. As a fan of what he brought in those 3 albums it kind of sucks. At the end of the day though I would rather him put out this because he has changed than put out what he did before. Listening to the themes and changes from album to album is actually great.

For myself personally, I am only 21 but I grew up listening to Eminem. I know most of the MMLP and Eminem Show off by heart. Great albums without a doubt.

I appreciate and judge the current stuff based on where he is in his career now. With that I give the album an overall pass. I wouldn't mind this being his last album, I just don't know what he can touch on anymore. No real hip-hop beats, I miss the Dre production. Some of the rock-rap is cool with me but not more than 1 or 2 tracks. I don't mind the slower stuff too if the content is good. I hope the deluxe edition brings some of the rapper features or better yet we get some releases of what would have been on the King Mathers album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad