Eminem Revival

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Eminem ain't what he used to be. I especially dislike how political he has become, it seems like a front to sell records. His brain got fried from his battle with pills.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
More like Dead On Arrival, am I right?!

Trash, and I didn't even listen to it.

Also, does he hear the beat when he raps? Everything I've heard from him recently just sounds like something you'd rap acapella pasted over a beat. Really cringey. Poking a pick with a pad, ou he's rad, no he's bad, stick with a nickel and drag dopey mags, oh he's mad. That's what he sounds like now. Just paste it over some totally out of touch Rick Rubin beat and you've got yourself an Eminem single, fresh out the oven and ready for anal insertion so you can vomit it out in a couple of days and wonder how your life ended up being this way.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Eminem ain't what he used to be. I especially dislike how political he has become, it seems like a front to sell records. His brain got fried from his battle with pills.

Eminem political now?? Yuck.

His younger self would probably have had a field day with Trump being president.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’s not like being political is something new. This is the same guy who was being watched/investigated after Mosh. TES was also along those political lines.

Reactions: Bob Richards

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Same with MMLP2, which I actually liked.

If he limited that album to Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, Berzerk (lead single, I guess?), Rap God, Brainless, So Far, Love Game, Headlights and Evil Twin and limited Revival to 6-8 of the best tracks (and didn't cut supposed features with 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Kendrick, etc.) people probably wouldn't be hesitant to still call him one of the tops of the 2010s even, imo.

@The Nuge Believe is one big meh for me, Chloraseptic is okay but would have been better with the rumoured 2 Chainz feature with this being the song he was supposed to be on, but Framed, Castle and Arose are much better than just "ok," IMO. Framed actually brought me back to flashbacks of some older Em and showed me he's still perfectly capable of putting some good stuff out there, he just doesn't do it on his own albums for some reason.

Disagree about MMLP2. ***hole was the only weak link on the entire album. Songs like the monster and stronger than I was aren’t bad. They’re just more recovery than SSLP.

We’ll probably have to agree to disagree. I despise most modern rap, and that’s basically what he’s done. It’s way too generic, and just blends in with the billion other people who think they’re rappers. He very well might have some good rhymes on the album, but the style and beats make it so I can’t even get through most of the songs.

Framed is unlistenable for me.

Castle/Arose aren’t good either but they’re better than most of the garbage on there, and have some cool ideas so they’re ok imo.

River is hands down the best song on the album. It’s almost pop, but at least it’s got Eminem’s own flow.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Politics is probably the only thing left in Eminem's life that he has anger for, yet there's people complaining about it being too political yet not angry enough? Surprise, almost all rappers become softer than they were in their 20s. If you can get over that, ya might enjoy this album.
More like Dead On Arrival, am I right?!

Trash, and I didn't even listen to it.
Lil Pump as avatar, calls projects trash without listening to them. Thanks for letting me know what quality your opinion on music is.

Reactions: Mach85

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Politics is probably the only thing left in Eminem's life that he has anger for, yet there's people complaining about it being too political yet not angry enough? Surprise, almost all rappers become softer than they were in their 20s. If you can get over that, ya might enjoy this album.
Lil Pump as avatar, calls projects trash without listening to them. Thanks for letting me know what quality your opinion on music is.

Because they all know he's fake a f*** and isn't even smart enough to understand politics. He's just jumping on the "Rebel against the government" bandwagon to get people to like him again. That's not true anger and everyone can see that.

He's been washed up for a decade, he should have stayed on the sidelines.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So I took a quick listen, and after thinking about it long and hard...................

Obvious joke is obvious.

Relapse
Recovery
Revival
Retirement

I think it's about time if this is all he's got.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I wish Framed and Offended weren’t dragged down by weak choruses. Those songs had the most potential.

More I listen to the album the more I dislike it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Chorus aside I actually seriously Framed. Offended not so much because of the chorus. Framed, though, I can play that on repeat and be okay with it.

People speculating from Em's interviews that even he doesn't appear to be too happy with the album (and the reviews are probably gonna hit him after Walk on Water's realization theme). I wonder if he may have a shorter downtime between albums to rectify this weak release, but releasing an EP instead. All just people speculating on him not being completely happy with it, but I think his recent work has shown that he actually does pay attention to reviews and the reception to his work these days.

I can only hope he's already back in the studio working on an EP and doing it right and working with guys like 50, Dre, Royce, Jay, Kendrick, etc. if he does go that route.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol at Em's response about how he feels about Revival

"I don't know. I feel good enough to put it out. I guess we'll have to see what the reaction is."

it's honestly kinda sad to see how low his confidence is in his own work. I mean... it's not good work, but it's sad to see.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
lol at Em's response about how he feels about Revival

"I don't know. I feel good enough to put it out. I guess we'll have to see what the reaction is."

it's honestly kinda sad to see how low his confidence is in his own work. I mean... it's not good work, but it's sad to see.

Maybe he knows his time has passed??

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Meh, I thought it was fine. I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking as it's obvious that his best work is long behind him, but I didn't mind it.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The album has grown a little on me, but this is probably Eminem's worst era, IMO. I'd argue that the Encore-era was better because of some of the leaked songs plus album cuts which were actually good.

I thought Relapse was an excellent album, not quite up there with his first few but still very good. Recovery was a step back, especially with the screaming voice and pop features. MMLP2 was a step in the right direction, not quite as good as Relapse but solid with some good features. Revival has a few good songs but a lot of garbage on it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe he knows his time has passed??
I don't think so. I'd hope not. He's still perfectly capable of putting out good songs and verses. He puts out good features for the most part, his last EP with Royce was good where he could just rap and not have to worry about radio hits. He can still rap. He won't rap like he used to before the near overdose, but I don't buy for a second that he can't ride a beat anymore and flow properly when he does it on this album (Framed, Castle, Arose).

I don't think he can still hang with the likes of Kendrick these days -- no one can, though -- but he's perfectly capable of putting out good stuff.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm still rattled that he could have any rapper in the world as a feature and all he utilized was some Desiigner knockoff named Phresher.

Desiigner himself is a Future knockoff. Dude is actually a 3rd-string Future.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think so. I'd hope not. He's still perfectly capable of putting out good songs and verses. He puts out good features for the most part, his last EP with Royce was good where he could just rap and not have to worry about radio hits. He can still rap. He won't rap like he used to before the near overdose, but I don't buy for a second that he can't ride a beat anymore and flow properly when he does it on this album (Framed, Castle, Arose).

I don't think he can still hang with the likes of Kendrick these days -- no one can, though -- but he's perfectly capable of putting out good stuff.

Not according to his latest album he's not.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not according to his latest album he's not.

He’s had what? A dozen albums? One garbage album doesn’t suddenly mean he’s no longer capable of making a good song

I find it interesting reading everyone’s rankings. It’s quite a testament to his talent that so many people prefer so many different albums. IMO, it’s

MMLP2
Eminem Show
MMLP
SSLP
Recovery
Infinite (just based on how good the title track is)

Encore

Relapse

Revival

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Accents aside his bars on Relapse are sick. It’s still underrated imo. I’d rather listen to Relapse than a majority of Recovery.

Are we talking Relapse or Relapse: Refill? Aside from Beautiful, Relapse is seriously lacking. It’s kind of sad that the 9 extra songs (Deluxe edition and Refill) are better than the album itself. IMO, Refill is underrated. Relapse isn’t.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Are we talking Relapse or Relapse: Refill? Aside from Beautiful, Relapse is seriously lacking. It’s kind of sad that the 9 extra songs (Deluxe edition and Refill) are better than the album itself. IMO, Refill is underrated. Relapse isn’t.
Relapse. Some of the bars are insane but yet no one pays attention because they became so focused on the accents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->