Rumor: Elias We Hardly Knew Ye-Pettersson to Chicago

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Like literally this.
I mean....have we not learned what top heavy teams look like and how they perform?

Anyone who honestly thinks this is a possibility or an eventuality based on one guys comments, who admits "he doesn't know how this works or if it's possible" is delusional

Like prepare the parade down Yonge delusional

Reactions: LemonSauceD

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Well, the only thing here that seems like it's based on anything substantial is that Pettersson wants to compete for a cup. These are the only two months Vancouver's been competitive in Pettersson's entire career. Whether or not it's sustained will go a long way to determining his future, I'm sure.

The point is that the Blackhawks are going to pull a big player with the promise of Bedard, the generally attractive nature of being a major north-east American market & the kind of cap flexibility Vancouver doesn't have and won't have any time soon.

I don't think that player is Pettersson. For starters, because Vancouver has had the season they needed to help keep him & because he's not a UFA this summer. My feeling is it will be William Nylander.
9.5 million for seth jones is cap flexibility.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Chicago doesn't have the pieces to acquire EP, aside from Bedard obviously.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I find it very unlikely that it happens, like everyone else in here. Its hard to even find the pieces to make it work, even if EP wanted to go here. I thought it was complete BS at first, just even discussing it, but when Friedman goes out of his way to say that something about it, that certainly caught my eye.

99.99% chance this doesn't go anywhere. BUT I'm not just going to call Murls a liar now.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Bedard would have to be part of the return if Pettersson were sent to Chicago. Something like this may work for both teams:

To Chicago: Pettersson, Pettersson, Klimovich, Briesbois, DiGuiseppe, 2025 2nd, 2026 5th

To Vancouver: Bedard, 2024 2nd, 2025 4th

Then the Canucks could role this while keeping Hughes anchoring the back end:

Hoglander Miller Brock Boeser
Mikheyev Bedard Kuzmenko
Joshua Blueger Garland
Aman Lafferty Suter

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bedard would have to be part of the return if Pettersson were sent to Chicago. Something like this may work for both teams:

To Chicago: Pettersson, Pettersson, Klimovich, Briesbois, DiGuiseppe, 2025 2nd, 2026 5th

Mikheyev Bedard Kuzmenko
Joshua Blueger Garland
Aman Lafferty Suter
Yeah not that the Canucks are moving Pettersson but the hawks are not trading bedard in any fashion.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Mikheyev Bedard Kuzmenko
Joshua Blueger Garland
Aman Lafferty Suter
I'm not seeing a very objective nor neutral sentiment with this particular post.
If Bedard goes to Vancouver there would need to be more coming back to Chicago other than Pettersson as the Canucks are getting cost control for another 2 years not to mention it's Bedard!
Either way I don't see EP coming to Chicago via a trade as these type of star for star swaps don't happen like the old days.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
No chance. Although if they win the Lottery this year, they'd be smart to offer it up for EP.

They'd be set for a decade with the best 1-2 in the NHL.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad