Player Discussion Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If the Canes keep it up like this, Dougie might consider moving on too once he hits free agency so he can get paid

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How many here changed there minds about Lindholm during the season?
I didn't. I was over the moon about landing him from the second it was announced. When we acquired him, I described him as a bigger, younger, more physical version of Backlund. I also predicted he's put up more assists this year than he had for a career high in points. He's surprised me in the goal scoring department, but that was a nice little cherry on top.

Reactions: ZEBROA

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Puts in an honest effort every night and hasn't seen any sort of slump, even with Monahan and Gaudreau struggling. Monahan<Lindholm and I'm not ashamed to admit it. He's driving play on that line and is actually a pretty good skater. If we had taken Lindy years ago and put him with Gaudreau, I think he would've ended up as good as mony if not better. Canes fans had a real good one, and I'm happy he found his way here.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How many here changed there minds about Lindholm during the season?

I liked Elias Lindholm more than Monahan 6 years ago.
He's the more complete player, and I really love that he's been given the chance to actually play with some elite NHL talent.

He's not a guy you could put with two scrubs and expect a lot of points from, but if he gets to play up to his level his production will come. The big thing as well is how honest of a player Lindy is; like you know every night he'll give you solid PK minutes, he'll make the right play, he'll create, he'll make good defensive reads.

I really do believe that the surge of Gaudreau as a top player in this league has a lot to do with playing with Elias; almost as much as Lindholm turning into a big point producer the other way. When there's someone on your line you can trust on both ends of the ice, and allows you to play your game; it goes a really long way.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I really don't want to discredit Monahan here but I gotta agree, Lindholm is a better all-around player. He's better defensively and he drives offense more than Monahan does. I think Monahan has a better shot and they're both quite good at finding the right spot to be in, but Lindholm is more like Gaudreau in how he sees the ice and creates opportunities. Both Gaudreau and Lindholm have an innate ability to slow the game down and make things happen, while Monahan I think is the best finisher out of the trio.

What a fantastic group of players to have on your top line. Truly blessed.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Gaudreau - Spezza
Lindholm - Alfredsson
Monahan - Heatley

Eh. I dunno if I like that comparison that much. The Alfie one I'll give you, but Gaudreau is far more dynamic than Spezza ever was (and smarter, and faster), and Heatley was good at pretty much one thing only.

I watched a lot of that trio in their heyday.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Is Lindholm named after Zebulon "Zeb" Macahan? James Arness was one of the most popular American TV actors ever in Sweden I would say.
06f62d73-8a24-4e0d-980f-2346e3b3a696

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Is Lindholm named after Zebulon "Zeb" Macahan? James Arness was one of the most popular American TV actors ever in Sweden I would say.
06f62d73-8a24-4e0d-980f-2346e3b3a696

Reading Swedish press and Internet sites, I am right about this one, very cool, I liked Zeb Macahan so much! :)

(Perhaps everybody already knew this except me....)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So I am doing my yearly spreadsheeting for my fantasy hockey teams and one of the surprising names to appear in my top-10 is Elias Lindholm. Basically I weight stat categories based on what the rest of the players in my data set have done (basically the player's stat divided by the total amount of that stat that occurred in the league that year, then I divide it into 1 so that I get a number > 1 to multiply their personal results by). Elias Lindholm is #9 in my current iteration (although I'm still tweaking things). Usually when this happens (a player I don't expect appearing very high), it means a player is getting a huge contribution from short-handed goals or assists (these happen so infrequently that their stat weight is some huge number). Lindholm's contribution from SHPs, when subtracted, still leaves him in the top 100 players.

This guy could be a crazy good sleeper pick this year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So I am doing my yearly spreadsheeting for my fantasy hockey teams and one of the surprising names to appear in my top-10 is Elias Lindholm. Basically I weight stat categories based on what the rest of the players in my data set have done (basically the player's stat divided by the total amount of that stat that occurred in the league that year, then I divide it into 1 so that I get a number > 1 to multiply their personal results by). Elias Lindholm is #9 in my current iteration (although I'm still tweaking things). Usually when this happens (a player I don't expect appearing very high), it means a player is getting a huge contribution from short-handed goals or assists (these happen so infrequently that their stat weight is some huge number). Lindholm's contribution from SHPs, when subtracted, still leaves him in the top 100 players.

This guy could be a crazy good sleeper pick this year.
He won't be a sleeper pick. Most people know how well he played last season, although he may fall from where he is ranked because people may be leary that he can't do it again. If you are in a league with FOW and Hits, he will be valuable as he will have dual position eligibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad