Player Discussion Elias Viktor Zebulon Lindholm

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Boy lots of our big guns are non-factors this year. It's wild that youth and the lunch-pail vets have been the ones keeping this team afloat.

Calgary is in that position where they're in the playoff picture, with a lousy team that has no chance at beating good teams in a 7 game series. I'm hoping Conny acknowledges that and sticks to moving folks out rather than letting them expire.

Go get a first for Lindy, or go get a good prospect. The Horvat deal would be optimal.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Lindholm continues to be my benchmark for telling how good people are at judging players. For a 3rd consecutive season players who get stapled to him are having massive bounce back years. Mangiapane is on pace to set a career high for even strength points, and I don’t think we’ve seen the best out of him yet on the year. Sharangovich is already almost halfway to his goal totals from last year as well, and looks like a changed man since being added to his line. All this, and Lindholm is still on pace for more goals and the same point totals as he was last season at 5v5, despite how much our team struggled for the first half of this season so far and the constant stream of new players he seemingly gets put with. He also once again leads our forwards in TOI on the PK, which sits 9th in net ranking league wide.

Lindholm is the most important player on our team, he does pretty much every little thing perfectly which can be hard/impossible for some to notice.

Edit: Here is a crazy stat for people. When Gaudreau and Tkachuk got stapled to Lindholm, they saw a 94% increase in their even strength production year over year. Then Dube and Toffoli saw a 58% increase the following season. Now, Mangiapane and Sharangovich so far are looking at a 28% increase in their pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lindholm continues to be my benchmark for telling how good people are at judging players. For a 3rd consecutive season players who get stapled to him are having massive bounce back years. Mangiapane is on pace to set a career high for even strength points, and I don’t think we’ve seen the best out of him yet on the year. Sharangovich is already almost halfway to his goal totals from last year as well, and looks like a changed man since being added to his line. All this, and Lindholm is still on pace for more goals and the same point totals as he was last season at 5v5, despite how much our team struggled for the first half of this season so far and the constant stream of new players he seemingly gets put with. He also once again leads our forwards in TOI on the PK, which sits 9th in net ranking league wide.

Lindholm is the most important player on our team, he does pretty much every little thing perfectly which can be hard/impossible for some to notice.
When we first added Lindholm, I described him to people as a better Backlund to people who were iffy about the trade. Lindholm proved he could be even more with top end linemates, but without a Gaudreau, he's exactly what I described all those years ago, a better, younger version of Backlund.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Edit: Here is a crazy stat for people. When Gaudreau and Tkachuk got stapled to Lindholm, they saw a 94% increase in their even strength production year over year. Then Dube and Toffoli saw a 58% increase the following season. Now, Mangiapane and Sharangovich so far are looking at a 28% increase in their pace.

Cool stat. Is that similar to the eye test for Backlund for the last decade? More? Less?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I really don't blame Lindholm. This team, led by Murray Edwards, is a real cluster f***. I'm sure Lindholm just sees this season as a wasted year in his career. I've had dead end jobs like that where I'm just going through the motions and can't wait to start somewhere new. I'm sure everybody here has felt like that at some time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really don't blame Lindholm. This team, led by Murray Edwards, is a real cluster f***. I'm sure Lindholm just sees this season as a wasted year in his career. I've had dead end jobs like that where I'm just going through the motions and can't wait to start somewhere new. I'm sure everybody here has felt like that at some time.
This is kind of a false narrative. Four games ago the team was cooking and Lindholm was a big part of it even if he wasn't scoring. His two-way play was leading to a decent amount of offence. The team had a very good position to grab a playoff spot. He's in a position where the team is either good or he'll be moving to a new team that is good.

If Lindholm is sulking it's on him. He's likely resigned to the fact that he'll be changing teams soon, which may prevent him from being in the fight here to the same extent. He may also be feeling regret that he didn't take the money prior to the season with his value likely hurt during this first half. Who knows the reason? But saying that the team sucks therefore he has had an excuse to suck when the team is a prime Lindholm away from not sucking is kinda rubbish imo.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He’s been great over the years but we’re now approaching addition by subtraction territory. It’s time

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This is kind of a false narrative. Four games ago the team was cooking and Lindholm was a big part of it even if he wasn't scoring. His two-way play was leading to a decent amount of offence. The team had a very good position to grab a playoff spot. He's in a position where the team is either good or he'll be moving to a new team that is good.

If Lindholm is sulking it's on him. He's likely resigned to the fact that he'll be changing teams soon, which may prevent him from being in the fight here to the same extent. He may also be feeling regret that he didn't take the money prior to the season with his value likely hurt during this first half. Who knows the reason? But saying that the team sucks therefore he has had an excuse to suck when the team is a prime Lindholm away from not sucking is kinda rubbish imo.
The guy has totally checked out and is just going through the motions. The last time he scored a goal was Dec 21 and before that it was Dec 2. The only reason he's getting the occasional assist is because of the players he regularly plays with. Put him on the 4th line with no PP time and he would be 100% invisible. Lindholm sucks and his sucking is a major reason why the team sucks and vice versa. The two are connected. I think Lindholm isn't the only reason the Flames suck but he is one of the primary reasons. He doesn't want to be here and that's been quite obvious for some time now... this season and last.

Best to trade him asap. The worst employee to have around is an employee who is just marking time before he can leave. That attitude drags everyone down and when everyone gets dragged down that negativity feeds on itself.. in a vicious circle.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The guy has totally checked out and is just going through the motions. The last time he scored a goal was Dec 21 and before that it was Dec 2. The only reason he's getting the occasional assist is because of the players he regularly plays with. Put him on the 4th line with no PP time and he would be 100% invisible. Lindholm sucks and his sucking is a major reason why the team sucks and vice versa. The two are connected. I think Lindholm isn't the only reason the Flames suck but he is one of the primary reasons. He doesn't want to be here and that's been quite obvious for some time now... this season and last.

Best to trade him asap. The worst employee to have around is an employee who is just marking time before he can leave. That attitude drags everyone down and when everyone gets dragged down that negativity feeds on itself.. in a vicious circle.
Very well said Rubi, as always you speak the truth and I adore you for that. Strategically though, his value is dead low, I would imagine the only way to gain higher return, and this is just my opinion, is to wait till the last day of the shopping window and eat as much as 90% of his remaining salary and hope for the best. His stock is at its all time low now.

I would also consider selling Marky & Tanev. I am convinced I would resign Noah but the clock is ticking- would give him till mid Feb to decide max. If not resigned, ship him too.

Reactions: Rubi

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I don’t think he has bad attitude

Lindholm lacks talent . He is a mediocre player that was carried by 2 superstars

He is back to where he is supposed to be 40-50 pt player.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don’t think he has bad attitude

Lindholm lacks talent . He is a mediocre player that was carried by 2 superstars

He is back to where he is supposed to be 40-50 pt player.
Is disinterest the same as a bad attitude? I don't think so. To me, Lindholm just shows an abundance of disinterest.... as in he's playing most games like he just doesn't give a f*** and he wants to get the hell out of town... the sooner the better. And this shouldn't surprise anyone as he's been pretty clear that he wants to play somewhere else next year.
Sure... maybe he'll change his mind if the Flames wave a shit ton of cash in his face.... And that shit ton is way more than he's worth and that he would be able to get elsewhere but hey... its his retirement fund right?
However, as far as I can see, in his mind Lindholm has already moved on.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Is disinterest the same as a bad attitude?
I think that was the point of that post, It's not bad attitude, it's just he's performing at his career average when not carried by some of the leagues best talent. And yeah, looks absolutely disinterested in the process

Reactions: DFF

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
1G in his last 23 games wow... and to think I've picked him as first goal of the game for like 3/4 of those games. I am not bright.

Reactions: DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Is disinterest the same as a bad attitude? I don't think so. To me, Lindholm just shows an abundance of disinterest.... as in he's playing most games like he just doesn't give a f*** and he wants to get the hell out of town... the sooner the better. And this shouldn't surprise anyone as he's been pretty clear that he wants to play somewhere else next year.
Sure... maybe he'll change his mind if the Flames wave a shit ton of cash in his face.... And that shit ton is way more than he's worth and that he would be able to get elsewhere but hey... its his retirement fund right?
However, as far as I can see, in his mind Lindholm has already moved on.
How much do you think he can do even if he is interested? He already played with the most talented players on the team and number 1 PP.

He is a Backlund without a star clearing the ice for him. He is fine as a 3rd wheel when nobody cares. He can’t carry a line offensively

1G in his last 23 games wow... and to think I've picked him as first goal of the game for like 3/4 of those games. I am not bright.
Shame

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Only recent positive which hopefully places Calgary into a better negotiating position is his inclusion into All star weekend.

Fingers crossed he does well and someone silly enough breaks a bank for him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Only recent positive which hopefully places Calgary into a better negotiating position is his inclusion into All star weekend.

Fingers crossed he does well and someone silly enough breaks a bank for him.
He will, they’ll leave him alone to score as many as he wishes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad