Value of: Elias Pettersson

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You think Seider is equal to Pettersson?

Do you watch the games with a cane and a Labrador with a blue vest?
I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell we get a player like that back in a trade for EP, and guess what I have precedent on my side, as in it doesn't happen and won't happen, because of this wonderful thing called context which you seem to be incapable of grasping, as in if EP goes, he asks to be traded or we know we won't be able to re-sign him, which means we don't get as much back in a trade, which means and I'll say this again since you didn't get the first or second time, nor do you understand it when others explain it, EP's trade value goes down, which means, no, we don't get a player like Seider back.

Why is is this so tremendously difficult for you to understand?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell we get a player like that back in a trade for EP, and guess what I have precedent on my side, as in it doesn't happen and won't happen, because of this wonderful thing called context which you seem to be incapable of grasping, as in if EP goes, he asks to be traded or we know we won't be able to re-sign him, which means we don't get as much back in a trade, which means and I'll say this again since you didn't get the first or second time, nor do you understand it when others explain it, EP's trade value goes down, which means, no, we don't get a player like Seider back.

Why is is this so tremendously difficult for you to understand?
Then Detroit isn’t a trade partner. As of today Petey is 24 with two years of control and a top 10-15 player in the sport. They need a young impact piece as part of a package. He doesn’t have a NMC so if he’s put on the market, there will be a bidding war. They aren’t taking some mediocre quantity package for him.

That shouldn’t be that tough for you to grasp.

Allvin isn’t grabbing his ankles if he moves this player.

cfj007

Aug 26, 2023
Last player out of Vancouver turn the lights off please. Can we start a thread on who wants to stay?
Yup, if he won't sign trade him for a couple of high end pieces. If you don't get max value now, watch the mass exodus later and with it the ability of Vancouver to attract free agents.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yup, if he won't sign trade him for a couple of high end pieces. If you don't get max value now, watch the mass exodus later and with it the ability of Vancouver to attract free agents.
Try explaining that to some of the mouth breathers that claim to be fans. Tkachuk got three solid pieces but some pinheads think the team will get rammed because Benning

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Then Detroit isn’t a trade partner. As of today Petey is 24 with two years of control and a top 10-15 player in the sport. They need a young impact piece as part of a package. He doesn’t have a NMC so if he’s put on the market, there will be a bidding war. They aren’t taking some mediocre quantity package for him.

That shouldn’t be that tough for you to grasp.

Allvin isn’t grabbing his ankles if he moves this player.

Then no one is a contender for him and he walks in FA, no team with players like that trades them for a guy who may or may not sign and who's getting a big raise whether he's an RFA or not. If this is such common place name all the times it's happened before then?......

I never said we needed to take a mediocre package for him, geez now your just making shit up to suit your narrative...

It's not tough to grasp reality for me, can't say the same about you.

If EP get's traded you'll be disappointed with the return, we all will. Blue chippers don't get traded.

Try explaining that to some of the mouth breathers that claim to be fans. Tkachuk got three solid pieces but some pinheads think the team will get rammed because Benning

Not one blue chipper though did he? Which is the point that seems to keep going right over your head.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Pettersson has a good relationship with management, J.P. Barry needs to have good relationship with management as he reps a ton of guys from T.Myers to J.Woo. IF EP wants out, they are going to seek a trade discreetly and not tie up ownership's hands. If they play it tight, I mean Lou Lam tight, the trade will come suddenly. If EP feels its not going to work out here, he will give Allvin a heads up.

With what EP brings to the table in ALL facets of the game, it should bring back a haul, all 31 teams should be in play.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Pettersson has a good relationship with management, J.P. Barry needs to have good relationship with management as he reps a ton of guys from T.Myers to J.Woo. IF EP wants out, they are going to seek a trade discreetly and not tie up ownership's hands. If they play it tight, I mean Lou Lam tight, the trade will come suddenly. If EP feels its not going to work out here, he will give Allvin a heads up.

With what EP brings to the table in ALL facets of the game, it should bring back a haul, all 31 teams should be in play.

Yup, at minimum a blue-chip young C (hopefully a star minimum top-6 regular, if not a surefire top prospect), hopefully another top prospect or young established RD and an early pick.

cfj007

Aug 26, 2023

They need a 5+ year contract extension or they're screwed. There's basically nothing coming from the farm to help this group...

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Neither him nor management really seem phased by this. I imagine they’ve had conversation and are confident he will be a part of Vancouver going forward.

Similar comments have been said by Draisialt lately over his upcoming contract. Player is currently signed with the team and they are there to play hockey and try to win.

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Neither him nor management really seem phased by this. I imagine they’ve had conversation and are confident he will be a part of Vancouver going forward
tell me I’m wrong, but Pettersson is a big reason Canucks can win regular season games against Leafs or Oilers , consistently

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
If this year goes well and the culture continues to shift I could see a 3-4 year deal at 11 - 12 mil a season, not unlike AM deal.

But forget about an 8 year max, guy likes his freedom and as a fan I’m ok with it

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean, you and I and most Canucks fan knew this. We were just having fun with it.

If we truly felt he would leave, would we even have the energy for proposals?
Maybe in between a couple stiff drinks

• Wow
Reactions: Play

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Let me preface this by saying I'm a Flames fan. I hate the Oilers most. Followed by Vancouver. You don't trade EP. Not unless he won't sign. He's a good 2 way guy and well over a PPG. That's a guy you build around.

I think Kuzmenko is not worth his contract and will regress big time. I think their blueline is trash. But EP is the real deal.

Reactions: Play

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
EP40 is not a player that you trade, you keep him and sign him long term.
Jezzz this guy's got 10 years of great hockey in front of him, 90 points + a year.
Canuck will put the money on the table for a 8 years contrat no doubt. probably close to 100mil

Stop that nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad