Value of: Elias Pettersson

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
We’d need at least one blue chipper and/or quality roster player (potential for top 6 forward or top 4 defence).

Canes offer:

-Seth Jarvis (top 6f super young) does he have more value than a blue chipper?
-Kotkaniemi (middle 6c/young/need some cap out)
-2023 1st.

We could have another small plus I'm not totally sure what it would be?

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Your GM would

Good to know. Have you talked to him lately? We have no cap for Elias and all our guys on big contracts have clauses. Impossible to make him fit. Also Miller is on pace for 44 points without PP time. Give him PP minutes and he paces for 60. He is two years younger, and a big D. Also you as a Canucks fan should now that good offense but a shitty blueline does not get you anywhere.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Canes offer:

-Seth Jarvis (top 6f super young) does he have more value than a blue chipper?
-Kotkaniemi (middle 6c/young/need some cap out)
-2023 1st.

We could have another small plus I'm not totally sure what it would be?
Are you deluded? You probably need more than a 1st and Jarvis to get someone to take KK.

Worst proposal so far in this thread.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Out of all the offers in this thread so far I think this is the best one. But Van would probably want a most established young player to replace Heinola
That's painful to give up as a Jets fan. Wouldn't send anything more myself, and Wouldn't even think about it unless he's extending, the Jets are sure they can extend Scheifele and Hellebuyck, and already know they can't extend PLD (which means we'd trade PLD for a similar return to a team he'd sign with).

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What is the ask?
Probably your best prospect, best non-core young roster player, a 1st, and then some minor pieces like 2nd round picks and B prospects.

Lafrenière, Goodrow, Jones, 1st '23 & 1st '24
Take out Goodrow and Jones and add a better piece like Kakko/Schneider and this seems like an offer that would make sense. Canucks would prefer players/prospects that have potential to be top 6 centres (need to replace Horvat and Pettersson) and/or top 4 defencemen though. I don’t think NYR is a good trading partner with us.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Probably your best prospect, best non-core young roster player, a 1st, and then some minor pieces like 2nd round picks and B prospects.

Take out Goodrow and Jones and add a better piece like Kakko/Schneider and this seems like an offer that would make sense. Canucks would prefer players/prospects that have potential to be top 6 centres (need to replace Horvat and Pettersson) and/or top 4 defencemen though. I don’t think NYR is a good trading partner with us.
Knies and Robertson plus ? We ain’t got the goods

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
$7.35 million isn't a big contract to add on an RFA.

But there's always the "they must retain crowd" and heading that off is smart or all of a sudden it's 17 sub proposals for something that should be pretty simple imo
All you’re doing by not retaining is shrinking your available market. But you do you.

Reactions: Seanaconda

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
K’andre Miller straight up

Ohh wait sorry Vancouver has to add

Rangers fans never cease to entertain
they've been spoiled with guys wanting to play for them, turning a old Brassard into shiny Zibanejed

a lot of them think they can keep getting star players without giving up nothing of value

young 1C on pace for 100 pts gonna cost a lot, at least it should

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
K’andre Miller straight up

Ohh wait sorry Vancouver has to add

Rangers fans never cease to entertain
I don't think he was saying Miller has more value, merely that Pettersson isn't a player they should be trading for because they can't afford him, and giving up a player like Miller doesn't make sense in that way.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
With Horvat moving on, I doubt there's anything here. While I think he makes them pay steeply for his UFA years, I suspect Petterson is looking at a big eight-year contract extension this summer. I don't think they'd move him regardless, but I don't really believe he's interested in leaving Vancouver. He's looking at a massive payday and they will be clearing cap room for his contract extension by dealing Horvat for futures at the deadline, with another year before the extension kicks in anyway.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Gross.
Try Necas, Morrow, 1st +
Necas is not being traded. Not even for EP.

It'd take a McDavid, Stamkos, etc. tier player for Carolina to consider trading Necas with the season he's having; especially when they gave him another chance after underperforming last season.

Additionally, I think a couple of you guys are undervaluing Jarvis, and also considering that when Carolina was trying to trade for Eichel, Buffalo wanted him for Eichel (Carolina clearly refused). Eichel is a relevant player to bring up in trade talks of EP.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Lafrenière, Goodrow, Jones, 1st '23 & 1st '24

Goodrow and Jones isn't moving the needle here.

Laf/Chytil/1st/1st is a better offer, but only if Vancouver likes Lafreniere's chances of showing up more at the NHL level. Tight and improbable fit cap wise on Rangers end since Pettersson is probably $9-10 million per on next contract.

Reactions: zcaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad