Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Wouldn't Svechnikov look so good next to Pettersson?
Big fast, natural goal scoring power winger... would perfectly fit a silkysmooth, deft, creative centerman like Pettersson.

Horvat and Boeser on the 2nd line.

Could be the foundation of something good if! a boy a can dream :)

I don't think there is any chance that Boeser isn't on the first line. He and Pettersson will be a deadly combo. We still need another 1st line winger and 2 second line wingers, unless you see Granlund and Baertschi as being 2nd liners. I see them more as third liners on a contender.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I don't think there is any chance that Boeser isn't on the first line. He and Pettersson will be a deadly combo. We still need another 1st line winger and 2 second line wingers, unless you see Granlund and Baertschi as being 2nd liners. I see them more as third liners on a contender.
What about goldobin and Virtanen?

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
What about goldobin and Virtanen?

I would put them in the same group at Grandlund and Baertschi. They could potentially end up being decent 2nd liners. Time will tell. Virtanen on some nights looks like he could be a 25 goal guy and then on other nights he looks more like a guy that will just never put it together and will just be an energy guy who surprises you sometimes... 10-15 goal guy.

Goldobin I get the same sense about. He has the skill... does he have the drive to really make it at this level?

What we might end up with here are 4 above average 3rd liners.

I think on a really good championship calibur team, you're going to need 1-2 guys who can score 30+ and then another 4-5 who can score you 20+ with a bunch of guys in the teens below them.

(Player) - (Pettersson - 30+) - (Boeser - 30+)
(Baertschi - 20+) - (Horvat - 20+) - (Vanek - 20+)
(Sedin - 20+) - (Sedin - 10+) - (Grandlund - 20+)
(Goldobin - 15+) - (Sutter - 15+) - (Virtanen - 15+)

To give you perspective, the Penguins last year scored 230 goals from their forwards last year. If the players can match what I have above, career highs for almost all of them, but attainable once they hit their prime, then the Canucks would have 215 with one roster spot still to fill. So if EVERYTHING works out and ALL of these players hit what we hope they attain... our forward group is perhaps decent enough. I would honestly look at trading two of Baertschi, Goldobin and Virtanen if we could pick up another solid Boeser type left side forward.

I'd even throw in a Benning 4th rounder to get it done. :)

We have 2/3rds of a potential great first line in the making.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
My secret hope is that
Adam Gaudette emerges as the team's 2C, pushing Horvat to wing, and giving us a second line of Horvat-Gaudette-Boeser, while our drafts from 2018 to 2020 find linemates for Pettersson
but that is a discussion for another thread.

The Lakers (2nd) have a game against Luleå (10th) tomorrow.

Reactions: Peen

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Made some great passes so far through 2 periods. One of them was a beautiful one-touch pass to a teammate in the slot who was stopped. Also caused a turnover because of his forecheck and created a scoring chance. On one shift he read a play brilliantly, the opposing player was about to dump it in but faked it and tried passing it back to his d-man to keep possession, Elias reading it perfectly stole the puck and went on a two on one but was denied. Great anticipation.

Looks great on the PP. Wish they played him the full 2 mins.

Lulea is doing a good job shutting down Vaxjo, not many scoring chances.

Vaxjo loses 2-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryp37 and BerSTUzzi

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
My secret hope is that
Adam Gaudette emerges as the team's 2C, pushing Horvat to wing, and giving us a second line of Horvat-Gaudette-Boeser, while our drafts from 2018 to 2020 find linemates for Pettersson
but that is a discussion for another thread.

The Lakers (2nd) have a game against Luleå (10th) tomorrow.

My hope is Goldobin can round out his game and that Lockwood can become the next Raymond/Hansen type, maybe a mix-up of those 2.

The Canucks real problems will be in defense and top end. Would be nice if they can lure back Tryamkin in a few years (Tryamkin is having a great year right now in Russa...).

Goldobin- Horvat- Boeser
Dahlen- Petterson-(Virtanen/Lind/Whoever)
(Virtanen/Lind)- Gaudette- Lockwood
Gadjovich - XXX - (Virtanen/Lind/Whoever)

Juolevi -XXX
Tryamkin -Stetcher
Hutton - XXX

Demko
DiPietro

I'm not sold on Briesbois, Brassard, Rathbone, etc.

Never thought I'd say this but Tryamkin could be a huge piece of what happens.

Anyways, the 2018 draft is the crucial one, IMO. If the blow the pick this year it's going to be a rough long time before the Canucks actually contend again.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I think I speak for all of us when I say: I hope we're cheering about his production after 20GP. May his next ten SHL games build upon his auspicious start. The pessimist in me is ready to see him go on an extended cold stretch because we're Canucks fans and we can't have nice things

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad