Rumor: Elias Pettersson and Nylander to the Hawks

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Not saying that I'd oppose it, obviously.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
IMG_2141.jpeg

The date is August 1st 2024. Nylander has signed a 7 year 11 million dollar deal with the Blackhawks.

Elias Petterson has signed a 7 year 10.7M offer sheet with the Blackhawks. He has done an interview with Elliotte Friedman and told the world he will refuse to play for the Canucks if he is matched.

Bedard Pettersson Nylander starts game 1.

It is written so let it be so.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
View attachment 791602
The date is August 1st 2024. Nylander has signed a 7 year 11 million dollar deal with the Blackhawks.

Elias Petterson has signed a 7 year 10.7M offer sheet with the Blackhawks. He has done an interview with Elliotte Friedman and told the world he will refuse to play for the Canucks if he is matched.

I know this is make believe but why would Petterson sign a massive deal (that is still underpaid for him) just to sit out and not get paid?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
There is absolutely no chance that the Hawks get Pettersson without giving up significant assets. He's not going to sign an offer sheet that Vancouver won't match.

I love the idea of Pettersson but it's just not going to happen. Even if it does, what are the Hawks looking at for a package? Our 1st this year, plus Nazar/Moore, plus someone like Reichel or Kaiser maybe? I don't think we're in a position yet to deplete the cupboard and take a swing.

Now a UFA signing like Nylander? Sure. I don't see him and Bedard working well together on a line at all but he's certainly be a good player, depending on the price. I certainly wouldn't go over 9.5M for him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There is absolutely no chance that the Hawks get Pettersson without giving up significant assets. He's not going to sign an offer sheet that Vancouver won't match.

I love the idea of Pettersson but it's just not going to happen. Even if it does, what are the Hawks looking at for a package? Our 1st this year, plus Nazar/Moore, plus someone like Reichel or Kaiser maybe? I don't think we're in a position yet to deplete the cupboard and take a swing.

Now a UFA signing like Nylander? Sure. I don't see him and Bedard working well together on a line at all but he's certainly be a good player, depending on the price. I certainly wouldn't go over 9.5M for him.
If he comes to the Hawks on an offer sheet, we lose like four 1sts, depending on his salary. He's an RFA.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I dont see him signing a offer sheet. either he will resign with vancouver or he will tell vancouver he is going to play out his Q offer and become a UFA. at that point canucks would have to try and find him a team that he will sign long term and has the assets to make it work.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

Pettersson would have to strong arm his way here like no one has done since like… I donno… Lindros?

Under 10.7M is just a couple firsts and we have plenty of extras sitting around. Then EP would have to throw a fit and demand to be let go.

It’s pretty much unprecedented in the NHL I think.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Yes I know, that's why I said offer sheet lol. The compensation is moot though bc Vancouver would match.

You said the bolded. I was correcting that. There is no package. Players don't move in OS signings. You compensate the team that owns his rights with draft picks based upon salary.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
That would be like the Wild getting Parise and Suter in the same offseason x2

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
View attachment 791602

After we win the Celebrini lottery, Chicago can't win the lottery again so may as well trade the future four 1sts for EP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad