Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | A True Playoff Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's a lot of guys I'd try to unload for cap reasons, before sacrificing Hronek. Obviously trading Mikheyev would be one option......but clearly they'd have to retain salary.

The other options, many will find unpalatable is to deal either Demko or Boeser. At this juncture, you could get a king's ransom for both, since their value is at the top of the market.

The bottom line is that right, shot, top-pairing d-men like Hronek who wrack up 50 points a season are as scarce as hen's teeth. That's why the Canucks blew out a first rounder and second rounder to acquire him in the first place.

Reactions: BimJenning

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'd say he can f*** off. He had every player on his line at some point and sucked with them all.
Yup. The lotto line has gotten quite a few shifts this series, mainly with offensive zone deployment, and Pettersson looked bad despite having previous chemistry with them earlier this season. If he cannot produce with a 40 goal scorer and 100 point player, both of whom he is familiar playing with, then the issue producing is on him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yup. The lotto line has gotten quite a few shifts this series, mainly with offensive zone deployment, and Pettersson looked bad despite having previous chemistry with them earlier this season. If he cannot produce with a 40 goal scorer and 100 point player, both of whom he is familiar playing with, then the issue producing is on him.

I do think that Pete should get some consistent decent line buddies who can help him more.

But at the same time, bringing it up in a conversation with the GM would be an incredibly diva move. Unless if you're Crosby or McDavid with a long track record of outstanding performance, doing so will only make you look like a narcissistic jackass.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I do think that Pete should get some consistent decent line buddies who can help him more.

But at the same time, bringing it up in a conversation with the GM would be an incredibly diva move. Unless if you're Crosby or McDavid with a long track record of outstanding performance, doing so will only make you look like a narcissistic jackass.
I doubt that Pettersson will issue anything like a demand or an ultimatum. He's not in a position to do so and he and his agent are unlikely to be stupid enough to make such a move.

On the other hand, it was reported that management had a discussion with Pettersson way back when Jonathan Dahlen was sent down, because Pettersson was concerned even then about the team lacking an offensive winger he could pair with.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
There isn't a soul here who would have taken Millers wingers over EP's at the start of the season.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.

He is getting paid with his new contract to be a leader and able to produce on his own. He shouldn't need guys to cater to him. He should make his linemates better. So far he has been an anchor to everyone around him. Even Mikheyev looks better away from him...

Miller gets the most out of Pius Suter and Brock Boeser.

Boeser was moved to Pettersson's line for awhile not long ago and they sucked together.

Common denominator is #40. The guy had frickin Garland and Hoglander for awhile... two of our most consistent forwards all year... and sucked with them too.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
He is getting paid with his new contract to be a leader and able to produce on his own. He shouldn't need guys to cater to him. He should make his linemates better. So far he has been an anchor to everyone around him. Even Mikheyev looks better away from him...

Miller gets the most out of Pius Suter and Brock Boeser.

Boeser was moved to Pettersson's line for awhile not long ago and they sucked together.

Common denominator is #40. The guy had frickin Garland and Hoglander for awhile... two of our most consistent forwards all year... and sucked with them too.
This actually is not true they were actually quite good together they outscored the opposition 5-1 in 45 mins together and had a 76% xG. I believe they were broken up because that is when Joshua got back into the lineup and they wanted reunite Garland and Joshua.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
This actually is not true they were actually quite good together they outscored the opposition 5-1 in 45 mins together and had a 76% xG. I believe they were broken up because that is when Joshua got back into the lineup and they wanted reunite Garland and Joshua.
Hm. Didn't know that. Well Garland is the play driver on all his lines though regardless.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
if la decides to blow things up to re-tool around byfield, and kempe somehow becomes available, i'd easily give up 3-4 of our best tradeable assets to get him.

insane hot take, but swap kempe with draisaitl (ie. next to mcdavid on the powerplay), and i'm not unconvinced that he isn't a 50 goal, 120 point player. less extreme, but take him off of la and on to an offensively capable team and i think he's a 90+ point player.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
if la decides to blow things up to re-tool around byfield, and kempe somehow becomes available, i'd easily give up 3-4 of our best tradeable assets to get him.

insane hot take, but swap kempe with draisaitl (ie. next to mcdavid on the powerplay), and i'm not unconvinced that he isn't a 50 goal, 120 point player. less extreme, but take him off of la and on to an offensively capable team and i think he's a 90+ point player.
You'd give up Willander, EP2, and Lekkerimaki? That's a hefty price to pay. Or do you mean, tradeable as in 'pieces the Canucks would realistically be willing to give up'?

Reactions: vancityluongo

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

90+ I could see. 120 not so much.

Kempe would be an excellent addition especially on the contract he's on.

LA would be nuts to trade him but if they did, it would cost a ton and I have to imagine other teams could beat a Nucks offer.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

LA would be nuts to trade him but if they did, it would cost a ton and I have to imagine other teams could beat a Nucks offer.
Yeah, plus there's no way they'd trade him in the division when the Canucks are a threat and LA wants to make the playoffs. Toronto should make a play for him after Tavares leaves.

Reactions: vancityluongo

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
You'd give up Willander, EP2, and Lekkerimaki? That's a hefty price to pay. Or do you mean, tradeable as in 'pieces the Canucks would realistically be willing to give up'?

the latter - i'd leave willander out of it, but something like pod + lekk/ep2 + a 1st, for sure

two playoff runs at a very reasonable cap hit make him an extemely valuable asset

sorry, to clarify, i think he's capable of putting up 120+ if he was next to mcdavid, a guy who i could put at least 10 points up next to lol. watching bits of the oilers series, i'm not sure there's that huge of a gap between kempe and draisaitl aside from their situations.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I can't imagine they trade Kempe. If they do move pieces, the player I'd absolutely love having is Danault. He'd fit Tocchet's system like a glove. Alas, I just don't see LA going the blow up route quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad