Speculation: Elias Lindholm rejected a 8 year, 72M dollar deal from Calgary (9.0M per)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I still think Lindholm would look great between Keller and Schmaltz. Have some decent prospects that are still unsigned as well as 2nds and 3rds.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
2024 1st and Lucius for Lindholm.
Put him between two of the Jets' top 6 wingers (Vilardi Ehlers KC Perfetti) and he gets 70 points.

Ledge And Dairy

Byram is kind of a catch 22 for the Avs here. Like it's pretty obvious they need or at least want to upgrade their 2C position and Byram has not been untouchable level good in Colorado + he has his injury history. He's probably never going to reach an elite level of play behind Toews and Makar but he will also need a raise the same summer as Rantanen. On the other hand he could absolutely reach that elite level playing 1st pair in Calgary.

IMO if he is made available and moved Avs fans should view it similar to how Flames feel with the original Lindholm trade. We moved Fox and Hamilton in that deal and Dougie is a top 15 defenseman and Fox is top 5. But Fox was never going to sign in Calgary and we ended up with a 1C for what was the best line in the league a few years ago and a very good young defenseman

Reactions: Alienblood

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I agree with this. Turning down the offer doesn’t necessarily mean he’s greedy, it might just mean that he doesn’t want to be there at all beyond this season. I bet Huberdeau would be ok making a bit less money if he had a do-over, with a different team.

Lindholm probably still gets like $6m x 6 from someone this summer.
If Nylander gets 11.5 then Lindholm should get more then that. As a leafs fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Byram is kind of a catch 22 for the Avs here. Like it's pretty obvious they need or at least want to upgrade their 2C position and Byram has not been untouchable level good in Colorado + he has his injury history. He's probably never going to reach an elite level of play behind Toews and Makar but he will also need a raise the same summer as Rantanen. On the other hand he could absolutely reach that elite level playing 1st pair in Calgary.

IMO if he is made available and moved Avs fans should view it similar to how Flames feel with the original Lindholm trade. We moved Fox and Hamilton in that deal and Dougie is a top 15 defenseman and Fox is top 5. But Fox was never going to sign in Calgary and we ended up with a 1C for what was the best line in the league a few years ago and a very good young defenseman
Without a goalie Colorado is getting bounced in the first round if they even make it. Lindholm is distant #2 Need. With the way our season is going I’m paying for a goalie and figuring out another way to fill the 2c.

Ledge And Dairy

Without a goalie Colorado is getting bounced in the first round if they even make it. Lindholm is distant #2 Need. With the way our season is going I’m paying for a goalie and figuring out another way to fill the 2c.
I mean sure but finding a goalie upgrade is going to be borderline impossible with the current market. Best bet is hoping Georgiev can be like Bobrovsky or Binnington and turn his game up in the playoffs.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

I mean sure but finding a goalie upgrade is going to be borderline impossible with the current market. Best bet is hoping Georgiev can be like Bobrovsky or Binnington and turn his game up in the playoffs.
I’m well aware of this. If we don’t upgrade in net we’re screwed and paying for lindholm would be dumb. Our lack of a goalie probably closes the Avs contention

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I’m well aware of this. If we don’t upgrade in net we’re screwed and paying for lindholm would be dumb. Our lack of a goalie probably closes the Avs contention
Flames can take back RyJo and retain on Lindholm which would actually give the Avs more cap to find a goalie upgrade. It wouldn't be cheap but the Avs should be in win now mode with how much talent they have. There is absolutely no reason why their window should be closing for several more years.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I mean if some jackass is going to pay William Nylander 11.25 then Lindholm is at least worth 8.
One of the better 2Cs in the NHL.
Shouldn't be making terrible signings just cause another team made one. Lindholm has looked significantly less valuable offensively since Johnny left.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Flames can take back RyJo and retain on Lindholm which would actually give the Avs more cap to find a goalie upgrade. It wouldn't be cheap but the Avs should be in win now mode with how much talent they have. There is absolutely no reason why their window should be closing for several more years.
I can’t argue about monies, we have a very shallow list of assets that could bring in both. With Edmonton, Carolina, Toronto that stick out in my mind that need a goalie as well, I just don’t see us having enough for both, we’ll see. Having said that I’d love to have lindholm

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I mean if some jackass is going to pay William Nylander 11.25 then Lindholm is at least worth 8.
One of the better 2Cs in the NHL.
You don't pay a 2C 8mil. And no, Malkin or Draisaitl aren't good examples of 2Cs.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
This guy looks like casper the ghost most games. He fed off of Jhonny and MT. He is still good, but man he screwed up not signing. You can always get traded later. How the f*** did he get to the All Star game? LMAO

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

Agreed. Go all in now for the Avs. Don’t think they’ll be able to compete with the jets in trade offers for Lindholm.

Might better suit them to start focusing on a goalie now.

I can’t argue about monies, we have a very shallow list of assets that could bring in both. With Edmonton, Carolina, Toronto that stick out in my mind that need a goalie as well, I just don’t see us having enough for both, we’ll see. Having said that I’d love to have lindholm

Agreed. Don’t think you have enough for a competitive push for both. You guys NEED a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad