Speculation: Elias Lindholm rejected a 8 year, 72M dollar deal from Calgary (9.0M per)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

I don't think he's worth that kind of money anyways.

"Major Financial Mistake From Lindholm

While it worked out great for the Flames, Lindholm and his agent have to be kicking themselves for not signing the deal they were offered during training camp. Unless the Swedish centre can heat up quickly for the remainder of the season, he won’t receive any contract offers close to the $9 million salary he was offered by Conroy in October. Not only was it a greedy decision, but it was one that really proved he didn’t want to be in Calgary. As far as losing out on all that money goes, he has no one to blame but himself."

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

I don't think he's worth that kind of money anyways.

To be fair, it could just mean hes ready to turn the page. But no doubt, if true, how does it not scare teams away given this and an acquisition cost?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
To be fair, it could just mean hes ready to turn the page. But no doubt, if true, how does it not scare teams away given this and an acquisition cost?
Thanks to his performance this year the market for him is probably a bit more reasonable. It may actually be easier to move him if Conroy remains realistic and doesn't try to aim too high. A low first and mid-range prospect should do it. Maybe even a second and a decent prospect.

Reactions: G Backup

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Holy shit. Does he have the same agent that Klingberg fired?

He should have taken that and ran.
Klingnerg was what I thought of too. Both guys costing themselves 10’s of millions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Daeavorn

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He must really want out. There's a bit of risk playing out his deal to UFA. An injury could make him really regret not signing for 72m

This could be him leaving 10+ million on the table at minimum I'd say.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
He probably just doesn't want to be there. If he signs for 7 mill and is happy is that worth more then being miserable making 9 mill?
I agree with this. Turning down the offer doesn’t necessarily mean he’s greedy, it might just mean that he doesn’t want to be there at all beyond this season. I bet Huberdeau would be ok making a bit less money if he had a do-over, with a different team.

Lindholm probably still gets like $6m x 6 from someone this summer.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Holy shit. Does he have the same agent that Klingberg fired?

He should have taken that and ran. But then again… it’s the Flames. So I can kinda see where he’s coming from.
.... According to Puckpedia, yes.

They were both represented at one point by Peter Wallen. Klingberg fired him after all that went down, I believe Lindholm fired him during the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad