Proposal: Ekman-Larsson to Toronto

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He's a 26 year old Norris-caliber defenseman under contract for 2 seasons. He's going to be hella expensive. And you seemed to have missed my point, I agree that's too much value for the Leafs to give up, but that'd be the price.

No that won't be the price because no one will pay that. No chance that type of package goes back for him.
And "Norris Caliber"-he's won sqaut and accomplished nothing.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Is there a team with greater cap flexibility than AZ?

The agent is more likely to work out a deal with AZ and then push for a trade if (and it's a big IF) OEL wants to move on.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Is there a team with greater cap flexibility than AZ?

The agent is more likely to work out a deal with AZ and then push for a trade if (and it's a big IF) OEL wants to move on.

Cap flexibility due to having no cash. They can never afford to go anywhere near the cap max.
We don't see sign and trades in the NHL for players like that.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He's a 26 year old Norris-caliber defenseman under contract for 2 seasons. He's going to be hella expensive. And you seemed to have missed my point, I agree that's too much value for the Leafs to give up, but that'd be the price.

He's just had an entire season of not being Norris calibre and isn't off to a promising start this season either. At what point does that start affecting his value?

I think most GMs would rather wait and see instead of overpaying.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
He's just had an entire season of not being Norris calibre and isn't off to a promising start this season either. At what point does that start affecting his value?

I think most GMs would rather wait and see instead of overpaying.
I would give him at least a 6 month grieving period after the death of his mother. It was quite an ordeal that he dealt with.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I would give him at least a 6 month grieving period after the death of his mother. It was quite an ordeal that he dealt with.

Right. But a GM whose career and reputation is at stake should be patient.

You can give him leeway for the mourning period but why pay full value before he's back to his normal self?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Sergachev and a 2nd got Drouin.
Sergachev has what 10pts as a 19 year old?
Also Drouin is not only 2 years older than marner he isnt as good.
terrible comparison

Sergachev isn't NEARLY as established as OEL, and he landed the guy who is now Montreal's best forward. And again, Sergachev isn't even in the same realm as OEL. So you need to come up with a payment > Drouin.

We don't like those Jones/Johansen, Hall/Larsson, Sergachev/Drouin trades. They're a little too real and evenly balanced, even though they do meet the criteria of what we'd like, namely a bonafide, good top-4 defender (preferably a young one).

We prefer to endlessly argue about the ones that are a little more lopsided where we clearly win the trade. Can't imagine people have noticed this. This post is outside of any comment/judgement about the merits of the OP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad