Eklund Rumor: Eklund Uprising: Kuemper, Dumba, Boeser, Edler, B. Ryan, Manson, and Savard

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I actually think this is a better idea........

I do wonder what the comparable value of Dumba vs Miller is?

Miller is a first line left winger
Dumba is a #4 RHD on Minni who on a normal team is a #2?

So is it straight across, I don't know........I am sure both fan bases think their player is better.

Thoughts?

The deal should be DOA for Minnesota if all Miller is is a left winger. The only reason Dumba for Boeser, as a winger, might work is because Boeser is right handed.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For what it's worth, Dumba has been, quite clearly, the second best defenseman on the team this season. You could possibly make the argument that he's been the best, but Brodin has been so good that he probably edges Dumba out. Either way, he's back to being a top pair guy.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
The deal should be DOA for Minnesota if all Miller is is a left winger. The only reason Dumba for Boeser, as a winger, might work is because Boeser is right handed.

Miller can play all 3 forward positions, and has been playing center while Pettersson has been injured.

Miller is a very good player, and add other intangibles too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Miller can play all 3 forward positions, and has been playing center while Pettersson has been injured.

Miller is a very good player, and add other intangibles too.

Then it's not DOA, but you can add Miller to the long list of other guys that may or may not make sense to trade Dumba for.

Reactions: zcaptain

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Eklund is, at least, mildly entertaining in the sense that we know exactly what's not going to happen at the deadline. Except, oddly, from Philadelphia. He seems to have decent sources in Philly. Other than that, he's good for a laugh or three.

Sounds a lot like our man Figjam out of Toronto, sadly though no decent sources since Bob retired

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
The team has zero interest in trading Boeser. He is finally putting his whole game together, as well as getting his shot back.
Without him they rely on the centers to do a the scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
It’ll be interesting to see what Ryan returns. Last week knew he was injured right now but the trade deadline is a week and hangs away

I hope its to Edmonton. Holland/Yzerman trades are much more fun now. Lol

I think Ryan eventually ends up on the Isles, though.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I know Eklund isn't exactly reliable, but those ideas seem pretty realistic. If Toronto can shift Andersen somewhere Kuemper would be a good replacement.

Vancouver are desperate for RHD's and Minnesota need to move Dumba or else lose him in Expansion.

Manson makes sense for those 3 teams.

Not surprised by Savard's price being too high for some teams. He's the best RHD on the market so Jarmo has probably set the price at a 1st.
Brock is not getting traded period, especially not for Dumba.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Because he's a UFA and it's meaningless to him if he does?
He will never waive, he's made that clear plenty of times. He either re-signs for another team friendly deal or he retires. Edler has embraced the city and lives here year round.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Brock has been our best forward this season and has finally fully recovered. He's also best friends with our franchise Centre and Dman who both need new deals.
I think Benning will be looking for a RHD to pair with Quinn, Wild fans can maybe chime in if he would fit that role.
I could see Benning moving the 1st this year unless top5. As the vet contracts expire over the next 2 seasons I assume pieces will be added to the core but not at the expense of other parts of the core.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Can’t see most of these happening... especially the Boeser deal, and the fact Winnipeg is looking for RHD is obvious and public knowledge.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
As stupid as it might sound, Boeser being a righty vs. Miller a lefty might actually mean something to us (Minnesota), especially on the power play, and especially since Dumba would be going out the door (not that that really matters because our coach is an idiot and barely plays him on the power play).

Miller can play C as well for what it’s worth. . I’d do Miller for dumba but not Boeser

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That time of year eh............lol
Eklund is still going?
Waiting for Dreger on TSN to start spouting some of this stuff!!

700 rumours, and 15 guys traded!!

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I hope its to Edmonton. Holland/Yzerman trades are much more fun now. Lol

I think Ryan eventually ends up on the Isles, though.

I doubt that the Oilers are interested in another rw, I could see the Oilers being interested in Derek Ryan that actually fills a need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad