Injury Report: EK65 to IR 2/18; returns to play 2/27

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
He should be able to complete 3-4 practices with increasing intensity and without pain before they even think about when he should be back.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
He should be able to complete 3-4 practices with increasing intensity and without pain before they even think about when he should be back.
This team will drive him into the ground because they feel like they have to. Even worse than the contract itself is just how bad the Sharks f***ed up Karlsson's injury, starting all the way back at the ASG

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Ha :) is it possible to both be thankful to be aware of the news but simultaneously underwhelmed by it? Praise the messenger, discard the message apathetically?

"My Lord, I bring urgent news from the capital. The King continues to recover from his fall from the horse last month, and may soon be able to ride once again."

"Thank you, Herald, for your daily updates on the state of the King's health."

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
No he'll come back too early and make it worse. He's been really reckless with his recovery throughout his career and I don't see that changing.

In 2013, 2017, and 2019 he played through injury for the playoffs. I'm sure he wants to return as fast as possible but the team has the responsibility to ensure he's fully healthy before putting him back in the lineup.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
In 2013, 2017, and 2019 he played through injury for the playoffs. I'm sure he wants to return as fast as possible but the team has the responsibility to ensure he's fully healthy before putting him back in the lineup.
True, it's definitely a two way street when it comes to injuries. The players will say they're ready to play when they're not and the team will rarely shut a guy down by force, especially someone as important to a team's success like Karlsson.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If Hertl wasn't out would Karlsson be pushing to play right now? This probably won't end well. Has he even been practicing in full?

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Based on previous injuries I'm going to side on the fact that Karlsson has no clue when he is ready. He's wants to play too much to the point where I think if it were the playoffs he would be trying to play with a broken leg.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Based on previous injuries I'm going to side on the fact that Karlsson has no clue when he is ready. He's wants to play too much to the point where I think if it were the playoffs he would be trying to play with a broken leg.

Worked for Bobby Baun

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Some injuries you can play through and still be a good factor and some you just can't play through even if you can still do it physically.

Thornton and his shoulder/finger is ones that could be played through, thornton with torn rib cartilage not so much. Both he played through, one he was still himself and the other he could do nothing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad