• Tage Thompson

Votes: 89 48.4%

• Total voters

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My post that referenced the last 2 sessons?

No.. Your post about eichel playing the best hockey of his career. That’s surely just this season. And I’m just pointing out that in the same exact sample…Thompson is outperforming eichel’s career best. I’m not drawing any conclusions about that sample size

also, I’ll point out that last season Thompson scored more goals than eichel ever has in his career

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
This is close. Both have great shots. Eichel has the speed, Thompson has the better hockey IQ. Thompson can do some crazy stuff because of his wing span. And in tight spaces I give the nod to Thompson. Both are good at passing the puck, but I've seen Eichel can make some passes that seemed impossible. So as far as on ice playing, it's a toss up for me. For my team, Give me the guy making seven million over the guy making ten.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
No.. Your post about eichel playing the best hockey of his career. That’s surely just this season. And I’m just pointing out that in the same exact sample…Thompson is outperforming eichel’s career best. I’m not drawing any conclusions about that sample size

also, I’ll point out that last season Thompson scored more goals than eichel ever has in his career
Eichel has had a better season than Thompson. The best player on the top team in the West. His underlying numbers are phenomenal.

Eichel was on pace for 43 goals before COVID shut the league down, so it's pretty laughable to even bring that up as a point. He was better in 19-20 than Thompson has ever been. And he's a better all around player now than he was in 19-20.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Eichel was on pace for 43 goals before COVID shut the league down, so it's pretty laughable to even bring that up as a point. He was better in 19-20 than Thompson has ever been. And he's a better all around player now than he was in 19-20.
I have no idea what you’re talking about, maybe you’re thinking about a different poster.

I just pointed out a fact about a stretch of games you referenced. And then I got some reply about not using a small sample size (yours) to make a point (you did that). And then I just got this post about a million random goal posts

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I have no idea what you’re talking about, maybe you’re thinking about a different poster.

I just pointed out a fact about a stretch of games you referenced. And then I got some reply about not using a small sample size (yours) to make a point (you did that). And then I just got this post about a million random goal posts
Glad you agree with my points then.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
As a Sabres fan it’s hard to be unbiased here. I loved Jack, have a huge collection of his Sabres memorabilia but I think Tage Thompson is currently playing better than Eichel ever did here.

Neither is Josh Allen though

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
it's close but Thompson is sixth in points, fifth in goals, scores a highlight reel goal seemingly every game.

There's things though, Jack can do with his skating and playmaking that not many can, so I'd say Eichel is a better player but Thompson is having the better year, not by much though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Did a sports psychologist tell Thompson to pretend he was playing the Penguins every night? Because it seems like he's finally scoring against the rest of the league how he always seemed to score whenever Buffalo played the Pens.

• Haha
Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Thompson is better right now. But Eichel is probably a better peak player.

Did a sports psychologist tell Thompson to pretend he was playing the Penguins every night? Because it seems like he's finally scoring against the rest of the league how he always seemed to score whenever Buffalo played the Pens.

Stealing my joke STK damn. Cold blooded.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd take Jack for how he owns the puck all over the ice now with Vegas. But it's a lot closer than I would have ever expected.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd take Jack for how he owns the puck all over the ice now with Vegas. But it's a lot closer than I would have ever expected.

Yeah, I expected we were in for another miserable, long wait to draft a new 1C after the Eichel trade. Then Thompson just decided “no, I’ve got this.”

Reactions: randywoodsghost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad