Who’s better right now?

• Jack Eichel

Votes: 95 51.6%
  • Tage Thompson

Votes: 89 48.4%

• Total voters

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Maybe Johnny Cochrane can come back as a ghost and make a case for Eichel but otherwise it’s Thompson.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Through 20 games. Neither are remotely close to the two way player he is.
It's actually over the last two seasons:

Tuch
22g 60p in 72gp (25g 69p pace)

Skinner
43g 85p in 102gp (35g 68p pace)

Stone
18g 48p in 61gp (24g 65p pace)

Stephenson
27g 83p in 103gp (21g 66p pace)

The buffalo guys have paced for more points and a lot more goals. Stone is obviously the best two way forward of the group, but in terms of creating offense, I don't think there's a huge difference between Skinner and Tuch vs Stone and Stephenson.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
It's getting closer and Tage may be the better player by the end of the season if he continue to be as good as he has been, I feel like Tage has way more untapped potential and he is just starting to put it all together wile Eichel has plateaued to be 70-80p player. I'll take the 6,7 player with better tools and mentality everyday of the week.

Reactions: randywoodsghost

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Still Eichel for me. Statistically they have been remarkably similar this year offensively. Tage has a slight PPG lead but a slightly heavier PP usage and shooting %. Their ice time is almost identical - good but not massive ES time and PP time (suggesting both have upward mobility left in their actual output), secondary PK time, right down to the poor face off %. Both also lead their teams in scoring by a considerable margin.

I certainly buy there is even more left in Tage's locker but I also think it's a mistake to say this is the "fully back/reborn" Eichel at this point as well. He's been uber efficient this year and has in the past been able to maintain star level performances at a much higher usage. Vegas has a deep line-up and Eichel is certainly not getting Drai/Mack/Matthews type minutes.

The biggest thing for me is that I feel Eichel has been the engine of a once-again powerhouse Vegas team. Certainly, a healthy Stone has helped as well...and other factors like Stephenson continuing to improve and Thompson being a revelation. But Eichel's has given the Knights a superstar focal point for the offense - something they have sorely lacked.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm a very big big fan of Jack Eichel... but Tage Thompson is younger, he is more a rare prototype to me. 6"6 with his skillset? That's truly impressive. I would take Tage Thompson, but it's very close.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
As of now, tied, but Tage might come back to earth for a little while. Developing from borderline NHL'er to superstar in 2 seasons would be pretty extreme. I don't consider him on the level of Eichel, but he might get there.

Can't help but worry he's going to get injured the way he's playing though. He's playing with abandon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad