Speculation: Eichel Megathread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Seeing all this drama makes me wary of adding him to the Sens for sure considering what we have going on right now, not sure he is the right fit for us attitude wise. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be super excited if we got him!
Yeah Eichel is a talent for sure,people saying otherwise are full of it...

And really is his attitude that bad that he wants to win.Maybe him and the team could have handled it better..But Sabre management and fans are right to hold out for a fair deal,as top end centers at his age almost never come around

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope so as well. It just isn't a good fit to me. I still think Vegas is the best move for Buffalo. You can get a 1st and Krebs for the future and then balance the salary by picking up a 2nd liner or two who can come in from a winning culture and bring/model some of that for a young Sabres roster (ie: guys who can do for Buffalo what Dubinsky, Foligno and Atkinson did for Columbus post-Nash). Culture change and some nice pieces for the future. Best of both worlds.

A late 1st and Krebs is not going to get it done. It's lacking proven young NHL players. This is not some 1 year rental. That late 1st could bust and who knows how good or bad Krebs is going to be. Krebs is a grade A prospect that the Sabres may or may not value but he would probably be a 2nd or 3rd piece. Vegas don't have the pieces to get Eichel IMO.

Vegas would have to provide a top piece to get into the conversation. No way the Sabres are trading Eichel for guys who have not played in the NHL yet. 4 NHL games for Krebs is not enough to evaluate.

1) NHL young asset ??
2) Krebs
3) Late 1st

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah Eichel is a talent for sure,people saying otherwise are full of it...

And really is his attitude that bad that he wants to win.Maybe him and the team could have handled it better..But Sabre management and fans are right to hold out for a fair deal,as top end centers at his age almost never come around

Not sure I've seen too many fans say Eichel is not talented?

Also, There is unique circumstance to this situation and Sabres are holding out to get $1/$1 value but there is a neck surgery at play which can't be ignored. They might have to take $0.75/$1 in trade return value in the end and that would still be a very good return. I feel teams have offered $0.5-0.75/$1 already but holding out for $1/$1 might not never come and if his surgery lingers on, his trade value might get even worse. Those health concerns need to be addressed if the Sabres to any chance at getting full trade value

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I'm wondering how much of the DeAngelo incident and Trouba injury helped him. He still would have been solid, but he probably wouldn't have won the Norris. Without those two things, at best Fox would have been on the Rangers PP2 all season (possibly would have grown in to taking it over, but Quinn is an stubborn idiot so...)

DeAngelo losing his mind was the big factor with Fox getting more PP time on the 1st unit. In DeAngelo's last game as a Ranger, Quinn had both Fox and Tony on the PP together. Fox received more opportunity and he took advantage of it.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not sure I've seen too many fans say Eichel is not talented?

Also, There is unique circumstance to this situation and Sabres are holding out to get $1/$1 value but there is a neck surgery at play which can't be ignored. They might have to take $0.75/$1 in trade return value in the end and that would still be a very good return. I feel teams have offered $0.5-0.75/$1 already but holding out for $1/$1 might not never come and if his surgery lingers on, his trade value might get even worse. Those health concerns need to be addressed if the Sabres to any chance at getting full trade value
Yep,but they also have 1 full year to do this...They really are not obliged to trade before then...They are also a completely rebuilding club ,that the constant talk of a Eichel trade should not bother them in the slightest...

The injury concern will likely be settled in due time

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
All fans hate when they are forced to move a star player, and hate the constant bickering over value...Fans of other teams trying to slag Sabre fans... Should remember this when your team is forced to give up or trade a player they really dont want to

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
All fans hate when they are forced to move a star player, and hate the constant bickering over value...Fans of other teams trying to slag Sabre fans... Should remember this when your team is forced to give up or trade a player they really dont want to
This sounds like the “all guys are jerks except me” speech. I reserve the right to slag off on Sabres management and ownership, the fans being the victims

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
He states that they can suspend him if he refuses the disk fusion. I read all the relevant pages in the CBA and there is nothing about refusing treatment. Lots about second and third opinions, who gets to choose the treatment and who and how a surgeon is chosen. I still feel like if they suspend him for not getting the fusion they at minimum have a legal battle on their hands.

Reactions: 57special

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He states that they can suspend him if he refuses the disk fusion. I read all the relevant pages in the CBA and there is nothing about refusing treatment. Lots about second and third opinions, who gets to choose the treatment and who and how a surgeon is chosen. I still feel like if they suspend him for not getting the fusion they at minimum have a legal battle on their hands.

I have seen some people try and argue that refusing the treatment that the team doctor puts forth is a action that would rise to the level of failing to meet the requirements of the SPC. Just like if a player has any other injury and refuses to work with the athletic trainer to get treatment, etc.

It is a rare scenario and I am sure that if the Sabres tried to go that route that there would be a battle between the NHL and NHLPA.

Reactions: 57special

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I have seen some people try and argue that refusing the treatment that the team doctor puts forth is a action that would rise to the level of failing to meet the requirements of the SPC. Just like if a player has any other injury and refuses to work with the athletic trainer to get treatment, etc.

It is a rare scenario and I am sure that if the Sabres tried to go that route that there would be a battle between the NHL and NHLPA.
yeah pretty much, I don't think the scenario was even considered when writing the CBA, my google skills are usually pretty good and I cant find a similar example anywhere.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This sounds like the “all guys are jerks except me” speech. I reserve the right to slag off on Sabres management and ownership, the fans being the victims
Nope I have done it the past too,but after watching us trade EK and listening to the responses,before and afterwards,
I have tried to mend my way,s...Its no fun to lose a star player ever,and its not fun to be piled on ..

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I think part of it comes from the SPC clauses 2(a) and 2(b)

The Player agrees to give his services and to play hockey in all NHL Games, All Star Games, International Hockey Games and Exhibition Games to the best of his ability under the direction and control of the Club in accordance with the provisions hereof. The Player further agrees,\
(a) to report to his Club's Training Camp at the time and place fixed by the Club, in good physical condition,
(b) to keep himself in good physical condition at all times during the season,

There might be other parts too in the health section, I'll have to double check. I don't doubt that the Sabres can try suspending him and may indeed have a very decent case to do so. But I also don't doubt that the NHLPA will get involved and probably Bettman too. There was a case a few years ago of this happening with an NHL player but I'm drawing a blank on who it was and the full details.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You are trying to make it sound like he was leaning toward signing his ELC and changed his tune after the Sabres drafted him.

That is not the case. At all.
No. I'm saying exactly what he said. He was leaning towards going back for a second year but hadn't made a decision yet.
Wants to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision one has to assume. Nothing was written in stone yet with regards to who he wants to play for this season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No. I'm saying exactly what he said. He was leaning towards going back for a second year but hadn't made a decision yet.
Wants to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision one has to assume. Nothing was written in stone yet with regards to who he wants to play for this season.

I was saying that the Eichel situation had nothing to do with what Power wanted to do for 2021-22 and you continue to argue with me.

Power wanted to go back to Michigan before Buffalo drafted him. He has chosen to go back after being drafted by Buffalo and talking to the team.

This has nothing to do with Eichel.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I was saying that the Eichel situation had nothing to do with what Power wanted to do for 2021-22 and you continue to argue with me.

Power wanted to go back to Michigan before Buffalo drafted him. He has chosen to go back after being drafted by Buffalo and talking to the team.

This has nothing to do with Eichel.
You don't know that. Unless you have personally discussed the matter with Eichel and know his thoughts and opinion on the team and how its currently being run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad