Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Byfield is curiously absent from the LA cupboard of goodies.

He’s in the cupboard of goodies, but I don’t think he’s going anywhere at this point, even for someone as good as Eichel. Same deal as Laf. I still think the Kings have the best pieces to make something happen even if Byfield (and Laf) are off the table. Bonus to Buf would be getting him out of the East.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Who said he clearly wants out? Source?
No one, and yet I've seen it stated at least a dozen times in this Eichel thread and I'm probably being conservative with that #. Hell we even had a well respected source in Lebrun say: "There's no tangible evidence Buffalo is willing to listen on a potential Eichel trade." Facts don't matter anymore.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
rangers fans are so delusional as always. love it.

You could say this about 90% of the offers proposed by fans in this thread. The idea that the only way to acquire Eichel is by giving your teams most valuable asset/assets is quite weird because it just never happens that way. There is way more complicated things that need to be hashed out in deals. Not as easy as "GIMME MUH BYFIELD TURCOTTE AND 3 FIRST SO IT HAS TO BE FAIR". This deal, no matter what it ends up being, will not be fair for BUF. But this is what happens when you fail to build a structured organization with smart overseers. I'd put money on a rookie GM like Adams f***ing up to be honest. I think that's way more likely than him getting back some super massive return just because of Eichel's namesake. People don't want to believe this right now but Eichel's value is trending downwards from this point onwards, not up. And that's made even worse with a NMC kicking in within a year. BUF got a lot on their plate that's for sure, what a mess

Reactions: bl02

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Realistically, you can get one of those on top of a decent roster player, a pick and probably a cap dump. There’s no way thought that a team will give a solid roster player, two of their top 3 top prospect ++
It’s not just a talent issue. It’s contract, years of control, the whole business side of hockey

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
So we are clear you are saying the West is a tougher division that the East?

This may be the first time I have seen anyone say that here.

I am a fan of a west division team and I fully admit that the East is a tougher division
where did I say the west was tougher. i just stated it was was wrong to state that the east as a tougher division as fact. the east division has more bottom feeders while the west only has anahiem currently.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I think if Buffalo calls Tampa saying they want a deal centered around Eichel for Point, and Tampa responds by saying Point is a nonstarter then yeah I think that's silly.

1. Point fits their system better.
2. Point has 90 point and 40 goal season. Unlike Eichel.
3. Point is better defensively.
4. Point is a playoff performer.
5. Point is currently cheaper AAV wise.
6. They are the same age.

So tell me, why Tampa would shock the locker room and make that deal?

Tampa would hang up immediately.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
rangers fans are so delusional as always. love it.

You could say this about 90% of the offers proposed by fans in this thread. The idea that the only way to acquire Eichel is by giving your teams most valuable asset/assets is quite weird because it just never happens that way. There is way more complicated things that need to be hashed out in deals. Not as easy as "GIMME MUH BYFIELD TURCOTTE AND 3 FIRSTS SO IT HAS TO BE FAIR". This deal, no matter what it ends up being, will not be fair for BUF. But this is what happens when you fail to build a structured organization with smart overseers. I'd put money on a rookie GM like Adams f***ing up to be honest. I think that's way more likely than him getting back some super massive return just because of Eichel's namesake. People don't want to believe this right now but Eichel's value is trending downwards from this point onwards, not up. And that's made even worse with a NMC kicking in within a year. BUF got a lot on their plate that's for sure, what a mess

why did this send twice?

Reactions: Anthony5967

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Byfield is curiously absent from the LA cupboard of goodies.
The reality of the state of the Kings is that they are not a playoff team at this point. Eichel would be a great addition for the team, if they were more competitive with the upper echelon of the NHL rankings. Since that is not the case, trade discussions where the top prospects are being moved makes little sense. The team/organization committed to a rebuild and they have been doing it the correct way. It's premature to deviate from that course at this point. Like Lt Dan stated, this team is a couple of seasons away from becoming active in the trade market.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
You could say this about 90% of the offers proposed by fans in this thread. The idea that the only way to acquire Eichel is by giving your teams most valuable asset/assets is quite weird because it just never happens that way. There is way more complicated things that need to be hashed out in deals. Not as easy as "GIMME MUH BYFIELD TURCOTTE AND 3 FIRSTS SO IT HAS TO BE FAIR". This deal, no matter what it ends up being, will not be fair for BUF. But this is what happens when you fail to build a structured organization with smart overseers. I'd put money on a rookie GM like Adams f***ing up to be honest. I think that's way more likely than him getting back some super massive return just because of Eichel's namesake. People don't want to believe this right now but Eichel's value is trending downwards from this point onwards, not up. And that's made even worse with a NMC kicking in within a year. BUF got a lot on their plate that's for sure, what a mess

why did this send twice?
Then no Eichel. Take that! Is what they always come back with.

Reactions: AirGut

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's funny because as a Kings fan, I see the Rangers as the more obvious fit. We have an abundance of centers, where the Rangers need one

Re the kings:

I will define "Doughty, Kopitar Brown, Etc" as the ones mentioned + quick and Carter . I don't think that that core has another run in it. Quick is much better this year, but has his moments and is not the J Quick of the past. Brown is/was on a hot streak, but is close to being done as a player. Carter is done.
Doughty and Kopitar still have plenty of gas in the tank.

I think the Kings would be much better served to wait a year or two and see how many more surprises they have in the farm system and trade for their game breaker in a couple more seasons
The rangers issue is they totally lack any exciting c prospects. They have exactly one young center in Chytil and if they move him for Eichel they need to replace him fast. Maybe they’re willing to do that, but it feels like a ton of moving pieces for a very good but not ideal match in Eichel. Also they’d have to add quite a bit to Chytil I’d imagine because his stock isn’t as high probabaly as the kings young Cs who are all sky high potential right now. If Buffalo wants a young C it’s a rough match for the rangers

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
1. Point fits their system better.
2. Point has 90 point and 40 goal season. Unlike Eichel.
3. Point is better defensively.
4. Point is a playoff performer.
5. Point is currently cheaper AAV wise.
6. They are the same age.

So tell me, why Tampa would shock the locker room and make that deal?

Tampa would hang up immediately.
1. Unless you can actually describe what their system is and how Point fits it better, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to argue against it
2. I mean Eichel was on pace for 90 points last year, while playing with much worse players than Point does.
3. No arguments here
4. This is also a moot point since we've never seen Eichel in the Playoffs
5. Currently yes. His deal ends soon while Eichel is locked up.
6. Okay

Make what deal? I didn't propose anything. All I said is they would listen. And if you think they'd hang up immediately that's fine, but I think that'd be silly. You're overthinking this man

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The rangers issue is they totally lack any exciting c prospects. They have exactly one young center in Chytil and if they move him for Eichel they need to replace him fast. Maybe they’re willing to do that, but it feels like a ton of moving pieces for a very good but not ideal match in Eichel. Also they’d have to add quite a bit to Chytil I’d imagine because his stock isn’t as high probabaly as the kings young Cs who are all sky high potential right now. If Buffalo wants a young C it’s a rough match for the rangers

Kings also don't have a goalie as good as Georgiev to throw in a package right now. Would be smart for BUF to try and patch that up in a big package like this

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
where did I say the west was tougher. i just stated it was was wrong to state that the east as a tougher division as fact. the east division has more bottom feeders while the west only has Anaheim currently.
you said it here
upload_2021-3-4_9-54-37.png

The East is a tougher division as a fact. It is obvious by looking at the winnings %. The less balanced the division, the higher the winning % of the elite teams and and the lower the wining % of the bottom team

The West has a .763 team . the east doesn't have any one over .700
Sure the west has 1 more team over .500, the Kings, but if you take away their 4 OTLS, they are a .428 team

The west has SJ and LA as bottom feeders.
The Kings are streaky and sure they won 6 in a row, but now they have lost two .

I have no question that there is some bias on your end. the rest of the league can see it, but you refuse to

Reactions: Kupo

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
1. Unless you can actually describe what their system is and how Point fits it better, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to argue against it
2. I mean Eichel was on pace for 90 points last year, while playing with much worse players than Point does.
3. No arguments here
4. This is also a moot point since we've never seen Eichel in the Playoffs
5. Currently yes. His deal ends soon while Eichel is locked up.
6. Okay

Make what deal? I didn't propose anything. All I said is they would listen. And if you think they'd hang up immediately that's fine, but I think that'd be silly. You're overthinking this man

This isn't fantasy hockey.

Tampa has won (and by all accounts last year, Point carried the offense) to a Cup. I also put up money that Eichel never has a playoff that Point just had.

If the Oilers called up offering Mcdavid and Point was mentioned, they hang up the phone.

My argument was some teams wouldn't mess with the structure of the locker room and make players untouchable.

Point is the textbook example of that.

It's the same thing with Bergeron the last decade.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Who said he clearly wants out? Source?

Deductive reasoning. If he doesn't want out, why would the Sabres trade him at all? The only way the conversations start occurring is with the premise that they're willing to move him and there's no reason for the Sabres to move him unless they know he's unhappy and wants a change.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
No one, and yet I've seen it stated at least a dozen times in this Eichel thread and I'm probably being conservative with that #. Hell we even had a well respected source in Lebrun say: "There's no tangible evidence Buffalo is willing to listen on a potential Eichel trade." Facts don't matter anymore.

We had a well respected source in Friedman say that the Sabres "solicited offers" for Eichel over the summer because he was "unhappy." So let's not pretend like you're acknowledging all of the facts here. You're clearly picking and choosing what to believe because it suits your point of view.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Realistically, you can get one of those on top of a decent roster player, a pick and probably a cap dump. There’s no way thought that a team will give a solid roster player, two of their top 3 top prospect ++
Whole lot of gray area in there. What's a decent roster player? How old is this player? A pick? Ok like a 1st round pick? Where in the 1st is that pick? Cap dump? Possibly, to make most deals work money usually has to go both ways.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
The over valuing of some of these teams prospects is insane... I get not wanting to trade Point for Eichel. That makes complete sense. Point is a 90 point winger who meshes well with Tampa, why would you trade him?

but the “my young center who has had a 90 point season is worth as much as Jack Eichel?” Who exactly do you think most of these prospects turn out as? Absoultely not the caliber of Jack Eichel I’ll tell you that

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
We had a well respected source in Friedman say that the Sabres "solicited offers" for Eichel over the summer because he was "unhappy." So let's not pretend like you're acknowledging all of the facts here. You're clearly picking and choosing what to believe because it suits your point of view.
I'm familiar with 2 quotes from Friedman. One, was that teams made offers for Eichel and they weren't prepared to move him. The second and more recent quote from Friedman was some anonymous executive who thinks Eichel ends up on the Rangers, while another executive thinks LA is a better fit. He then pontificates on when a deal might take place because of bonuses and added cap flexibility teams have in the offseason. The Rangers could do it now if they wanted to. So basically a rumor he heard from an anonymous exec and he goes on to how the Rangers and Sabres might work that sort of deal out. I'm not seeing anywhere where Jack Eichel has demanded out, but maybe I'm not spending enough time on hfboards or twitter.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm familiar with 2 quotes from Friedman. One, was that teams made offers for Eichel and they weren't prepared to move him. The second and more recent quote from Friedman was some anonymous executive who thinks Eichel ends up on the Rangers, while another executive thinks LA is a better fit. He then pontificates on when a deal might take place because of bonuses and added cap flexibility teams have in the offseason. The Rangers could do it now if they wanted to. So basically a rumor he heard from an anonymous exec and he goes on to how the Rangers and Sabres might work that sort of deal out. I'm not seeing anywhere where Jack Eichel has demanded out, but maybe I'm not spending enough time on hfboards or twitter.

He did a radio interview on SN960 earlier this week and said that the Sabres "solicited offers" because he was unhappy but they decided they couldn't see it through. Unless he misspoke, "solicited" means, by definition, that the Sabres asked teams to present their offers to them. I never said that he asked out. I said that I think it's pretty clear that he wants out. However, if he hasn't yet made that request, it stands to reason that they might be nearing that point given the state of the team and the fact that they've even entertained the idea of moving a player of his pedigree.

If LA is willing to part with Byfield then yes, I think they are a much better fit than the Rangers are. However, I don't think the Kings would do that. Just my opinion but in today's NHL I think they need Byfield on an ELC and should see how that works out. If the Sabres absolutely have to have a top-flight center prospect back in the deal, then yes, the Rangers likely are not the front runner. Though I would imagine that also depends on the Sabres' view of Chytil. If they're less concerned with a center then the Rangers have just as strong of a case as any team in the league. In that case their only disadvantage is the fact that they're in the same conference.

Personally I would much rather see the Rangers stay away entirely and focus on building from within. If keeping Kakko, Laf, Fox, Miller and Shesterkin off the table precludes them from getting to the front of the line in the Eichel talks then I am absolutely okay with that.

I truly get why Sabres fans want the moon for him. I really do. That being said, I think there will be a limited number of viable suitors for a number of reasons. How many teams need a center upgrade of that magnitude, have major pieces to spare -- let alone the "right" pieces, and are comfortable enough financially that they'd be open to bringing in $10m per year with a $7.5m SB in 18 months? We're in a flat cap and I believe the majority of teams are looking to shed salary, not add it. You're looking at teams who are coming off a season that likely generated next to nothing in revenue because of the attendance restrictions. I really don't think it's going to be a frenzy with GMs throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Adams.

I do hope the Sabres get a good return because the fans in Buffalo deserve better than the product they've been getting over the last decade.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Jack Eichel will never play for the Rangers. All of this Eichel trade stuff has been pushed by Gorton. It’s dirty, it’s low, and beyond all that, it’s incredibly stupid. He’ll never be a Ranger. Adams would rather let Jack sit out for five years than trade him to the Rags after the bullshit they’ve pulled. You get nothing.
Huh?

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kings also don't have a goalie as good as Georgiev to throw in a package right now. Would be smart for BUF to try and patch that up in a big package like this

you keep thinking all it takes are spare parts. UPL and Portillo are north better than Georgev.

someone calling and inquiring isn’t the same as buffalo trying to trade Eichel.

having discussions...means the GM took a second to say he’s not available.

sure...could Eichel get traded? Sure it could happen...either this summer or summer 22 before NMC kicks in. What will it cost..at least 4 1st round pick value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad