Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I could see this.

But not this. It’s mathematically impossible. Adding Skinner subtracts the addition of adding Eichel. That’s how pathetically awful that contract is. It’s without question, the worst f***ing contract in the league.
IMO there is zero chance of getting Kakko, a very early first and another top young d. That’s just a fantasy land imo. If Kakko were to go back, the big pluses are not going with him imo. Having said that I don’t think NYR are even considering moving Kakko. The value is ok but it’s just not practical for them.

Imo LA is by far the best match for Eichel if they think they have a run left with Doughty, Kopitar, Brown, etc. If they don’t, then it’d make sense to keep the kids probably and at least see what they have before moving them.

Reactions: MarkMessyay11

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think Turcotte is a possibility for Eichel but no chance Byfield is available

For me would have to be Turcote ++

Turcotte/Bjornfot/high pick perhaps ?

Good chance that package has greater overall 'value' than Eichel - but Jack is by far the best player in the deal.

We would be hoping for an absolute best case scenario of Turcotte developing into something close to what Eichel already is.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I don't think the return would HAVE to include a 'blue chip 1c' prospect but can understand the reasoning for it.

As stated earlier in the thread i really liked the Horvat/Boeser/1st proposal more than anything else I've seen. Doesn't include the type of prospect you speak of but is best short/Medium/long term compromise imo.

But sure as hell... If Ranger fans are not willing to give up at least two of Lafreniere/Kakko/Miller/Fox... Then they need to forget about Eichel.

If traded to the Rangers tomorrow Jack instantly becones their top player AINEC.

Panarin isn't close? Its very close. Pan man actually might be better. But Eichel is a C so

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not enough and not too attractive. I would ask for more attacking prospects. And we could take solid LD prospect upcoming draft.

LD is a huge need on this team.

They could pick a solid forward prospect in the upcoming draft if that helps to satisfy your obsession. :nod:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I love all of the people listing their untouchables. We’re talking about one of the 5 most talented players in the world, who is in his prime, but Quinton Byfield is absolutely off the table. :laugh:
You'll notice a common theme among all these posters that keep spewing this stuff. Almost all of them are Rangers fans that are convinced the Sabres have to trade him to their team for what they deem acceptable value (Buffalo's needs don't matter, nor does the value going back to Buffalo). Just be happy they are giving you anything in return. You want one of their 3rd, 4th, or 5th most valuable assets? Not happening. They might consider giving up a guy with 26 points in 80 games played, but man that's a steep price to pay. Think you could shop him elsewhere and get another teams top prospect + in return? Nope. Eichel will never allow it.
As for Byfield I'm personally not a huge fan. The package is tantalizing. He's big, he's fast and he's skilled, but i'm frequently underwhelmed by his on ice performance.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
You'll notice a common theme among all these posters that keep spewing this stuff. Almost all of them are Rangers fans that are convinced the Sabres have to trade him to their team for what they deem acceptable value (Buffalo's needs don't matter, nor does the value going back to Buffalo). Just be happy they are giving you anything in return. You want one of their 3rd, 4th, or 5th most valuable assets? Not happening. They might consider giving up a guy with 26 points in 80 games played, but man that's a steep price to pay. Think you could shop him elsewhere and get another teams top prospect + in return? Nope. Eichel will never allow it.
I believe there is a happy medium between Eichel being traded for pennies and Buffalo robbing a team blind on the return

but that’s not a sexy answer, nor one Buffalo fans seem interested in hearing about

Reactions: Anthony5967

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Is LA really looking to accelerate their current process? They've definitely been better than most expected this season, but is that also a product of playing in a division where there are three legit teams and the rest are more middling? I'm not sure they are ready to step on the gas and make a move like this, but a player the caliber of Eichel changes a lot of things.

As for the Rangers, they are the team with the best assets and biggest need at the position all while being further along in their process of becoming a playoff team. Outside of the NHL, their best center prospect isn't anything to get overly excited about, but wingers and defense is up there. They also have two young NHL level goalies, which the Sabres don't have. UPL is an interesting prospect though.

It's definitely not a coincidence that LA and NY are the two teams involved. Big US markets for one of the best US players. Also, disgruntled players typically don't get the value they actually hold. Everyone knows you need to move out the player at that point. The Sabres could choose not to do that, but the longer they wait, the more disgruntled the player is, the more likely something leaks out and hinders the value.

He hasn't demanded a trade, but it could come to that. Really tough spot. I think this move happens after the season which could open more options for them, but they've got to keep things under control for at least 4 more month.
All of this logic in 1 post Shame on you lol. Eichel is no bargain, he’s paid handsomely for what he brings for the next 6 years. Also has a nMC clause that kicks in, which is a definite minus. Especially in this financial climate. It should be interesting for sure. He’ll return a solid package of 4 quality assets that have teaM control for a long time. And most Sabres fans will not like it at first but this trade , plus whatever they get for hall, plus Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn, Pekar, etc should form a real solid foundation for the future

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As a Rangers fan you better hope they aren't....immediate Trump card .

As a Rangers fan that makes it very easy to just to walk away and be content with that decision. If they want to give up a top prospect for a player who clearly wants out, then let them go ahead and do that. The Rangers don't need Eichel. He'd be nice to have but with the winger group we're amassing we can get by with competent, complimentary players down the middle.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wrong and wrong.

Great context, and you removed the part after AND which is the biggest part. They have the biggest need at center, but you do you. The Kings have their best prospects at center, the Rangers do not.

If you think LA is further along in the process of making the playoffs, you're also severely mistaken.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
as a fan of neither I'd think Kakko plus would be intereting if Rangers also take on some bad contracts
skinner?
Kakko, Georgiev, Lundkvist or Miller, 1st , and conditional pick (if Rangers make it to x round or something) for Eichel and Sknner (15% retention)
trade Hall before deadline, see if you can get top prospect and/or pick for Risto

Build around Dahlin, Olofsson, Kakko, Cozen
Sabres add a top 3 player with own pick and top 10ish with Rangers in next draft, probably be bad enough for another top 10 in the next

honestly don't hate it if Eichel is going to demand a trade
No ones taking skinner to get to trade futures for Eichel. That’s ridiculous, who wants to assume a multi year 64 million dollar debt on top of what you have to pay Eichel for the next 6. Buffalo has got to bite the bullet with this guy. It’s a huge factor of what’s making that room toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad