EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
OzxIShk.png

Got this guy 210th overall a couple years ago and he's really progressed well since. Can anyone figure out who he's a regen of? He might not be anyone overly noteworthy, but I always take a special interest to guys drafted this late. I drafted the Chara regen one year later, so whoever Salonen is must be around his age. The only name that came to mind for me was Sami Salo, but it's definitely not him.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
OzxIShk.png

Got this guy 210th overall a couple years ago and he's really progressed well since. Can anyone figure out who he's a regen of? He might not be anyone overly noteworthy, but I always take a special interest to guys drafted this late. I drafted the Chara regen one year later, so whoever Salonen is must be around his age. The only name that came to mind for me was Sami Salo, but it's definitely not him.
Are you using the newest rosters?

But the first one that came to mind for me, was Sami Salo also, although he's not as tall and heavy as Salo (Although maybe he will still grow in the game.) And some of his Mental skills are too much off for him to be Salo.

Second one that came to mind was Jere Karalahti, but i wouldn't expect him to become that good as a regen. And he is too short to be Karalahti, and more heavy than him. And some of the mentals are off too.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
A pity, my Belgian superstar had retired, but his regen was created without being handed to a team. Without being on any roster, he retired after not even a year. That happened with the next two regens as well.

For some reason, anticipation went down with every new regen. The third one only had an anticipation of 2. The current regen - at least I think he's the regen - only has an anticipation of 1. What makes it even weirder though, is his new nationality. After my superstar and the following three regens had been Belgian, the new one is now North Korean :D

He'll probably retire sometime into the new season anyway, as he also doesn't have a team.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
You had a Belgian superstar? :amazed: Ugh, I've never seen one in my many years of playing this game. I've had a few decent ones, ECHL/AHL level but that's it. :(

Anyway. Last season I drafted a highly touted 16-year old Swedish defenceman in the Import Draft. He only had a contract for one more season so I knew I was going to have a chance to sign him next spring. His status said "aiming to play major junior hockey" so I was sure he was willing to come over. Fast forward to April of the following season; his contract expires and he becomes a FA, and suddenly his status has been changed to "aiming to play college hockey" and he doesn't even want to negotiate a contract. Eventually he signs for another Swedish team, after which his status is back to "aiming to play major junior hockey" :laugh: Riiiight..

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
My Center depth with my sabres rebuild is really ridiculous after the 2015 draft, having Grigorenko, Girgensons, Reinhart, McDavid and Eichel up the middle. :laugh:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
You had a Belgian superstar? :amazed: Ugh, I've never seen one in my many years of playing this game. I've had a few decent ones, ECHL/AHL level but that's it. :(

Yes, I'd have to look for an older save to see if I can get a screenshot of him. He wasn't quite an all 20s kind of guy, but definately an elite forward. I actually used him out of position, he was a C/RW who also could play a bit of LW, which is where I used him most of his career.

Fared quite well, 829g + 1815a = 2644p. His shot wasn't quite as good, hence the "low" goal total. I don't go stats-hunting, so I didn't try to max out his numbers by giving excessive icetime. His average career rating was at least 9.2+

He ended up winning 17x Pearson (all in a row, I think only his rookie season and his last one or two weren't good enough, his last season was very much like the last one Gretzky played, about 10 goals and 60 points, I thought he would retire prior to the season, but he didn't), 15x Hart, 13x Art Ross, 8x +/-, 4x Conn Smythe and 4x Lady Byng. The times he didn't wind the Hart or Art Ross usually went to someone from my second team or a teammate, so he did have some competition ;)

There may have been players around the league who were slightly better than him, but he always was my favorite, after all, how often do you see a superstar from a smaller nation? ;)

Just realized another phenom has appeared in my game. This time a goalie. I actually could have drafted him a few years ago, but I opted for the other goalie who is now "merely" a franchise goalie. Stats-wise they are almost identical, the other one is slightly better at handling the puck, but my goalie has better work rate, determination and loyalty.

And how often do you end up seeing the AI offer you a franchise player in a trade?!
I was really surprised to see this. I wanted to trade one of my defensemen to get down below the roster limit for the new season. He's quite good, but not exactly exceptional. Somehow Anaheim thought they should offer their franchise right-wing for him. Sure he's 37, but still doing a point per game and 8+ average rating. I ended up not taking the offer even though I could have fit him under the cap. I simply didn't have the roster spot for him. I had a whole bunch of young wingers coming up, more than I can currently fit on the roster, and needed to trade players for non-roster stuff.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
OzxIShk.png

How did you get jerseys to show up like that?

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
http://i.imgur.com/OzxIShk.png

Are you using the newest rosters?

But the first one that came to mind for me, was Sami Salo also, although he's not as tall and heavy as Salo (Although maybe he will still grow in the game.) And some of his Mental skills are too much off for him to be Salo.

Second one that came to mind was Jere Karalahti, but i wouldn't expect him to become that good as a regen. And he is too short to be Karalahti, and more heavy than him. And some of the mentals are off too.
It's Mikko Jokela.

How did you get jerseys to show up like that?
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10591

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
2qki8pg.png

Even though I lost, this was one of the most intense series I've ever had on EHM. A fantastic goalie battle between the two best tenders in the league as well.

Game 1 - outshot them 38-21 but lost on a PP goal in the final minute
Game 3 - outshot 40-19, our goalie was amazing, we led 1-0 for most of the game then finished with a ENG
Game 4 - lost in the third OT
Game 5 - lost in the fourth OT on a PPG. Shots on goal were 77-70 :laugh:
Game 6 - outshot them 49-44 and won on a PPG early in the second OT
Game 7 - we were down 2-1 after two, outshot them 15-2 in the final period but couldn't tie it up

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I decided to use the 2006 EHM UUDB where all of the current players are in the file... such as taylor hall as a 13 yr old etc thought i would play as NY Islanders and rebuild them...

My question is with rebuilding the Islanders.

The Roster has Rike Dipietro, Mike Dunham, Tom Poti, Brendan Witt, Alexei Zhitnik, Joel Bouchard, Bruno Gervais, Sean Hill, Radek Martinek, Jason blake, Andy Hilbert, Chris Simon, Mike York, Shawn Bates, Viktor Kozlov, Mike Sillinger, Arron Asham, Trent Hunter, Richard Park and Miroslav Satan...

I know it's unrealistic to unload the full squad for picks and prospects... whats the best way to do a rebuild... trade 3-4 players a season for picks and specs?

Ah, man....awesome rebuild project. I'm pretty sure I ended up winning the cup with them in about three years though. I totally forgot how. Too long ago.

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
FNnn7j5.png

So I noticed Great Britain and Hungary are doing VERY well in my 200 PA 200 CA custom roster. This guy in particular is pretty good during world cups even though his attributes sucks. Spain is also getting a few good players, I didn't even think they had players in the DB! This is by far the most interesting game I've ever played

KG

Sep 23, 2010
My return to EHM today was short lived as I discovered that AZ has an ECHL affiliation and no AHL team, making it extremely difficult to manage roster and call up/send down players.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
My return to EHM today was short lived as I discovered that AZ has an ECHL affiliation and no AHL team, making it extremely difficult to manage roster and call up/send down players.

Yeah I noticed that with Philly, Montreal and Florida in one of the most recent DBs so I would set it so they could pair up with a few teams if they were the only primary affiliation.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Yeah I noticed that with Philly, Montreal and Florida in one of the most recent DBs so I would set it so they could pair up with a few teams if they were the only primary affiliation.

How do you do that? I tried switching affiliations with the pre-game editor, but I messed something up.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
How do you do that? I tried switching affiliations with the pre-game editor, but I messed something up.

I'm at work so I can't verify but I would use the pre-game editor. You have to set the AHL team as the primary affiliate and then change the old primary affiliate to secondary or something? So what I would do with the Habs is just add the St. John's IceCaps as their primary affiliate and move Hamilton to secondary.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Are you hitting confirm after each step and saving when you're done? That always gets me.

Just click on Arizona Coyotes/Portland Pirates, and switch Portland to say, Springfield Falcons and hit confirm. Then find Columbus Blue Jackets/Springfield Falcons and either give them Portland or some other AHL team (probably easier). Make sure the drop down menus like "Independent" are all filled in. Hit confirm. Then save it. In game you'll have to recall your players from loan to Portland then reassign

The only other thing you might want to do is move the other NHL club's prospects off your farm club in pregame editor to the new affiliate, because they all will be on loan to your new farm team and they might not take them back right away. Obviously you can do the same for your players too.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Can anyone suggest a team to use with default rosters?

I'm up for a challenge, not something easy.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Can anyone suggest a team to use with default rosters?

I'm up for a challenge, not something easy.

You mean with the original 2006 unfaked rosters?

Try the Bruins. They are an absolute mess. Or the Islanders, although there are at least good pieces you can move there.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
I decided to try a new challenge, playing so that i can only trade for/sign/draft only American players, meaning an American-player only Dynasty. (I got the inspiration from someone who had done it too and posted about it here)

I've given my self a timeline which is 2 seasons, to get rid of all non-american players on my team. So, at the start of the 2016-2017 season, my team must be only americans.

I used a random generator to decide which american team i can use, and i got Carolina.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I decided to try a new challenge, playing so that i can only trade for/sign/draft only American players, meaning an American-player only Dynasty. (I got the inspiration from someone who had done it too and posted about it here)

I've given my self a timeline which is 2 seasons, to get rid of all non-american players on my team. So, at the start of the 2016-2017 season, my team must be only americans.

I used a random generator to decide which american team i can use, and i got Carolina.

Oh that sounds fun. I've thought of doing stuff like that too or all Swedish players or all Russians. The other nations it would be too dry in terms of talent, I think. Haven't played EHM in a while but that sounds like a fun little challenge.

Once I put down Destiny I'll have to give that a go.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I once did a team that was completely Russian with all players speaking fluent Russian to see if I lure over the Russians that don't normally come over. It, predictably, had no effect...and the team was not very good overall either...

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Oh that sounds fun. I've thought of doing stuff like that too or all Swedish players or all Russians. The other nations it would be too dry in terms of talent, I think. Haven't played EHM in a while but that sounds like a fun little challenge.

Once I put down Destiny I'll have to give that a go.
Yeah it is fun having a little "challenge" in it.

The only thing not funny is trying to dump semin and his contract, no one wants him. :cry:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The one nationality challenge sounds really fun actually, may need to give it a try. Think I might go with either Sweden or USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad