Post-Game Talk: Ehlers says take that, Jets win in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There should have been a 5 minute major on Kurealy for hitting from behind , he hammers Morrissey from behind into the boards to begin everything. I have no idea how Morrissey didn't get hurt. Then Kurealy should have gotten 2 minutes for absolutely diving like a soccer player because Morrissey barely hits him. I can't believe Lowry didn't lose his shit on the refs , i would have lost it as a head coach.:naughty:

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
They sure hate PLD over there...hahahahahahahash.
I feel like Columbus has an established history of running players out of town. I wonder what that's all about because there are quite a few names I can think of that have left there on not very good terms, to say the least.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Quick additional non-hockey note: before the game there was a mess o' kids watching the warm-up holding up their signs and a bunch of Jets swung by, including Nik, JMo, Apples and Comrie -- and then Toninato went and rounded up some players and sticks for photos and made one tiny girl very happy by offering to size his stick down for her. Seems like a guy who's incredibly happy to be where he is and ready to share the love. Just a really nice gesture, I thought.

Also, pretty sure that Patty was teary during that weirdo three-person tribute. They screwed that one up by not giving us a Laine greatest hits, which was what I think fans were up for, but he seemed genuinely happy and moved.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Another strange one... Jets came out a little lacklustre in the opening frame and were being outhustled for the first half of the period, but slowly started getting their legs as the game went on. Don't know why we seem to be having trouble getting going? Lately we seem to adjust our game in response to our opponent, instead of dictating play with our speed. Eventually we start playing desperation hockey, but often way too late in the game.

Stanley with some bad decisions again that bit him hard. Taking a chance on a pinch when there is no one behind you is not a good decision. That might just be inexperience, which I hope the coaches, or failing that, Morrissey or DeMelo address with him. I'm hoping it is a teachable experience.

Comrie was serviceable - as a smaller goalie he will be dominated by strong puck-moving teams (see the end of regulation 'powerplay' goal), so I'm not sure I want him playing too much. Don't want a bunch of losses killing his confidence. I think a little bit more than he's playing now would be best - just to give Hellebuyck more time to rest (and also to piss him off a little bit as he plays better after a break :laugh:). Good on the kid though, he's doing everything we could have asked of him! :thumbu:

Hope Harkins' injury isn't too serious, and that he's on the mend before too long. Looked like a hyperextended shoulder or elbow, which will be a month or longer most likely.

A couple of sweet goals by Connor and Ehlers - say what you will about this team and how frustrating they can be, but man are we lucky to be able to watch such skilled players night in and night out!

Lastly I'm not going to say much about the penalty outside of what's already been said. It was a judgement call on the ice, albeit the wrong one, and Sutherland was fooled. He's human, it happens, and while Kuraly is a diving piece of s***, you err on the safety of the players (just wish he would have done so for Morrissey in the first place though eh? :huh:). I would not be averse to having the league office overrule such a call, because the play finished before it was called, so it could have been reversed.

Last edited:

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Lately we seem to adjust our game in response to our opponent, instead of dictating play with our speed. Eventually we start playing desperation hockey, but often way too late in the game.
I am willing to see that as a positive. Way too often in the past we would come out flying in the first, the other team would adjust to it in the second, and we would make no changes and gradually falter more as the game continued.

The non-existent energy to start games is nonetheless very concerning.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm surprised that I haven't heard more about that crazy penalty at the end of the game, like there is nothing on tsn or the main boards or anything. I guess maybe partly because the Jets won anyways, but that was a pretty absurd call, and almost cost the Jets the game. Is there more discussion about this that I'm oblivious to, or is it just being swept under the rug?

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wouldn't you know it, the CBJ broadcast coulnd't find a replay of the slash...
Aren't the same cameras available to both broadcasts?

If I were the Jets, I would pass the hat around and let JMo rip into the shitty fuqin refs we have nowadays. What's the fine? 10,000 bucks?
If I'm JMo making that kinda cake, I'm tearing them a new asshole.
Roasting the refs is a great way to never get a fair call again.

Reactions: Big Carl

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pretty clear there’s no penalty until AFTER Wheeler shot the puck. Kuraly is still standing. Can’t call a slash until he actually gets slashed. Lol Forget the bad call. Pretty sure that goal should have counted either way unless there’s some obscure rule we haven’t heard of.
Because the infraction was against the scoring team and occurred before the puck entered the net, the play is dead. The actual penalty was garbage and the play on Morrissey should have been called. If that was called, 44 wouldn't have slashed him.

That was the right call on the no goal though.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Because the infraction was against the scoring team and occurred before the puck entered the net, the play is dead. The actual penalty was garbage and the play on Morrissey should have been called. If that was called, 44 wouldn't have slashed him.

Is that from the rule book?
A few years back in the NHL on a delay penalty I saw a player pass back to the blueline and the puck ended up going in the net and the goal counted for the team that received the penalty.
This should be a top story until the NHL explains the ruling.
If this happened to the Leafs it would be the lead story all weekend long.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That was a terrible call at that moment by the ref. Hand out dbl minors, Just a pathetic dive and that ref bought it. Should have a phone call from the head of officiating after that one.

Reactions: Jets 31

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Is that in the rule book because teams have scored on themselves after a penalty is called on the opposing team before? The infraction happened while no one was in possession of the puck.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Should have been a clean 2. f***in refs blew it. then they stand around patting each other on the back to convince themselves they're doing a good job.

3 pt game irrelevant since CBJ in the East. We picked up all the space that was available in the West WC race.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
CBJ not a good enough team for Jets to beat. Not a bad enough team for Jets to lose to. Obvious 3 pt game situation:laugh:.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Is that from the rule book?
A few years back in the NHL on a delay penalty I saw a player pass back to the blueline and the puck ended up going in the net and the goal counted for the team that received the penalty.
This should be a top story until the NHL explains the ruling.
If this happened to the Leafs it would be the lead story all weekend long.
If it's a delayed penalty and the team getting the pp pulls their goalie and subsequently directs the puck into their own net it counts. If however it deflects of the penalized team it doesn't count

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If it's a delayed penalty and the team getting the pp pulls their goalie and subsequently directs the puck into their own net it counts. If however it deflects of the penalized team it doesn't count
But no Jet touches the puck between the penalty happening and it going into the net. The last jet to touch the puck touched it prior to the slash occurring.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah it's
Is that in the rule book because teams have scored on themselves after a penalty is called on the opposing team before? The infraction happened while no one was in possession of the puck.
Yeah it reverts to last touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad