EgyptAir flight disappears from radar

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Does this mean CNN analysts are going to be playing with toy airplanes on TV again?

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Radar and ADS-B coverage is good over the Mediterranean. This isn't like the Air France flight (or the Malaysian flight) where they couldn't find where the transponder was.

A transponder suddenly going away at cruise altitude almost always means catastrophic in flight breakup, which almost always means terrorism.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm guessing foul play here. Radar coverage pretty good where the plane was lost, unlike the Malaysia Airlines incident.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
AFP news agency ✔ ‎@AFP
#BREAKING: EgyptAir plane crashed off Greek island of Karpathos in Egyptian airspace: Greek airport source

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I'm guessing foul play here. Radar coverage pretty good where the plane was lost, unlike the Malaysia Airlines incident.
Just looking at the flight log on FlightAware, the last tracking came at 02:29:21 AM UTC+2. The plane was expected to arrive in Cairo 26 minutes later. At the time, the plane was flying at 987 km-per-hour (top speed during the flight) and at an altitude of 37,000. The coordinates put it between Crete and the Egyptian coast. It's obviously too early to speculate but I agree with your assessment. Regardless, it's a horrible situation. I feel awful for the families.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Some debris found about 50 miles southeast of where it was last seen on radar. Cannot confirm if it's from the plane yet or not

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to see this, thoughts are with all those who where lost and their families but yeah this seems like a terrorist attack.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: