Value of: Eemeli Räsänen

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Doubtful if Eemeli has any offensive instincts (left?) at all. I don't think he is an NHLer. His development would have gone better in North America. Couldn't find his way in the danish league or the finnish second league.

Can he be saved? Maybe. I don't see it as impossible that he will be an AHL/Liiga level defenseman one day.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Some time these big boys just need time to develop into that giant frame. He is only 21

Oh is this the 6'7" guy (edit: 2nd or third biggest guy on the team only, they have some big boys there in Anttila and Lauridson, I can't tell who's bigger) I might get him confused sometimes with who was playing for Jokerit last year?

I remember hearing him being sent to the Mestis and not really catching a lot of attention there. Something like no goals, 1 pt in 2 years pro hockey?

I wouldn't trade a pick for him to use a contract spot.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'll be honest. This is a shocking thread.

His development has really stagnated from his draft season. He should have stayed in the OHL for another year. Jumping to the KHL and getting almost literally no playing time at that age was a poor decision on his part. A lot of chatter about him being home sick at the time. He would have been better off going to Liiga rather than joining Jokerit in the KHL.

His value at this time? Not high. Leafs likely don't expect much from him and if he pans out into something, it's a bonus at this point.

Out of curiosity, what do you place as his value @Colt55 ?

Reactions: Ciao

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Some time these big boys just need time to develop into that giant frame. He is only 21

Hard to develop when you're not good enough to play any pro league anywhere and too old to play in any junior league.

Gonna be 22 in March, unless he all of a sudden learns how to play hockey he won't be in the Leafs org for much longer.

Reactions: weems

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I just wish the kid had been smart enough to stay in the CHL where he was looking pretty good in his draft year.
39p in 66g with no PP time, as a 6'6 RHD is tempting. I totally get the idea of taking a guy like this if you think you can get him to keep developing.

If he kept working on his whole game, there is no reason in my mind he couldnt have been at least a good #7 with size and snarl.
He did play 5 games with the Marlies, and he looked as advertised. Above average skater for his size, fell back quickly to defend, and was a prick.
That was at 20.

If he had played the full season this last year with the Marlies I would have been much happier, but here we are.

I doubt his value in a trade is much higher than a 6 or 7, id prefer to try and convince him to come to the Marlies and hone his craft. He is still young enough to turn into 'something', but the window is starting to close on if he wants to be a NHLer.

Reactions: Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad