Confirmed with Link: Edmundson to Toronto

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
I'm sure Edmundson will be a fine bottom pairing defenseman, but he is faaaaaar from a difference maker, except in a negative way.

If they really wanted to contend they would have made the big move when they had the chance. Trade Nylander and a bunch of futures for Guentzel and Karlsson (retained). But Shanahan doesn't have the balls to do anything so radical.

And that's why the Leafs will never win the cup.
LOL all I can say is I'm glad you are not our GM

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Florida and Boston were running away with hits.

Look who sky rocketed up the charts to meet them as 3rd highest since Feb: Leafs

The 1,2,3 Atlantic is the hardest place to be in Spring. You need to have the skill + grit combo attack to come out alive.

The additions we needed were the ugly boring types, made to withstand the grueling Atlantic conditions. You have to adapt to your environment. Edmundson was a snooze fest addition but a necessary one.

It's amazing watching the Leafs so high up in the hits department while also stomping the league in goals. All I can really say to that is LETSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm sure Edmundson will be a fine bottom pairing defenseman, but he is faaaaaar from a difference maker, except in a negative way.

If they really wanted to contend they would have made the big move when they had the chance. Trade Nylander and a bunch of futures for Guentzel and Karlsson (retained). But Shanahan doesn't have the balls to do anything so radical.

And that's why the Leafs will never win the cup.

Are you really serious?!?!?!

thinking leafs would be better with Karlsson " f*** every team system " Karlsson?

He was also brought in to provide stability for Liljegren, who has seen a night and day difference

he wqs brought him to provide physicality and help pk, not to babysit a specific player

Reactions: DarkKnight

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I honestly didn't think it was possible to get older, worse, and more expensive this TDL but Treliving found a way.

How he could look at this roster and think Edmundson was the ticket to the cup is beyond me. Just a completely baffling unforced error. Not a franchise crippling mistake mind you.

But another diaper on the fire.

Anything Treliving does we can be sure it will be at least two things: expensive and stupid. Now at almost $100M the Leafs have the highest salary in the league. Lol... when he first got hired I thought it would be the cowardly lion running things.

Turns out it's the scarecrow.

Just getting by is acceptable enough for me. It shouldn't be for the flagship franchise with the highest salary of the NHL however. It would be difficult to even imagine that being the bar for anyone other than this bumbling oaf of a GM.

I'm all giddy inside knowing Treliving's in charge making trades like this.
1711285884703.jpeg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Big, mean, physical dman. What a concept.
That is what BT brings as GM a team with a Big, Mean and Mobile defense and he is just starting.

You have to love the results of having big crease clearing Dman in there now that make the oppositions task of going to the blue paint more difficult and definitely more painful . :)

Reactions: ToneDog

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
That is what BT brings as GM a team with a Big, Mean and Mobile defense and he is just starting.

You have to love the results of having big crease clearing Dman in there now that make the oppositions task of going to the blue paint more difficult and definitely more painful . :)
It becomes even more important in the playoffs, when nothing gets called.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Had a really good game last night. Need more of that.

It's kinda funny, because outside of special teams, he's been a disaster defensively so far, but the pucks aren't going in behind him.
Meanwhile, he's actually been a nice defensive boost to our PK, but we keep getting scored on.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I was underwhelmed with the trade as I didn't believe we needed yet another depth, bottom pairing guy, but Edmundson has been great. He's a total prick to play against and will only get meaner come playoffs.

Hard to believe heading into this season Jake McCabe was our only prick of a D man to play against. Now we've added Edmundson, Benoit and Lyubushkin to that mix. Leafs will at least go down swinging.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
First game I watched with him since deadline (and I wasn't a fan of the trade), but he was great. Hopefully he can keep getting away with all the stick work (chops and checks) in the playoffs.

Reactions: SprDaVE

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If he continues to play like this, I’d want Tre to look into re-signing him. Better than blowing a load on Zadorov for 5+ million.

Reactions: ToneDog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Joel has become one of my favorite players on the team in a very short period of time. Loved him bullying Draisaitl in the corners last night. His defensive game is far better than people anticipated.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I remember when Justin Holl shut down McDavid in the regular season during the two-game series.

Looks like people are hyping Edmundson this time around.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs.
I'm infinitely more confident about Edumndson's game translating to the playoffs then I was about Justin Holl's. I'm sure I'm not alone on this either.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This is the kind of guy that gets more valuable as a series goes on. He can wear down the opposition physically. We've never had a dude in the playoffs like this. This is where Dubas always fell short. He doesnt recognize the value that this kind of player can have come playoff time.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I thought it was the end of the world that we gave up a mid round pick for Edmundson now everyone loves him :laugh: Sort of like Schenn last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad