Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton VS Arizona

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
With Karel Vejmelka playing today vs the Avs, looks like we're getting Matt Villalta for his NHL debut.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With Karel Vejmelka playing today vs the Avs, looks like we're getting Matt Villalta for his NHL debut.
Uh oh. Unknown goalies usually spell doom for the Oilers. And it's an afternoon game although we are 4-2 in afternoon games this season IIRC and we destroyed an unknown goalie earlier this season as well.

Hopefully the Oilers don't go from the high of beating the best team in the league right now (sorry Vancouver) to pulling a no show versus Bettmans pet project in the desert playing in a community rink as the 2nd tenant behind a 2nd rate college team nobody gives a f*** about either.

Looks like a full lineup reset for KK. They've got to find someone who can get chemistry with Draisaitl outside of McDavid and the bottom 6 has to step it up on a consistent basis.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Uh oh. Unknown goalies usually spell doom for the Oilers. And it's an afternoon game although we are 4-2 in afternoon games this season IIRC and we destroyed an unknown goalie earlier this season as well.

Hopefully the Oilers don't go from the high of beating the best team in the league right now (sorry Vancouver) to pulling a no show versus Bettmans pet project in the desert playing in a community rink as the 2nd tenant behind a 2nd rate college team nobody gives a f*** about either.

Looks like a full lineup reset for KK. They've got to find someone who can get chemistry with Draisaitl outside of McDavid and the bottom 6 has to step it up on a consistent basis.
It’s 20C going to 25C here today.

The boys are likely in old town Scottsdale day drinking on a patio. That’s the real concern.

A good game to fan-scout some potential trade targets. I like Bjugstad tbh
I’d take him back in a heartbeat.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Blow Kesselring up! I don’t care what anyone says, i still think he didn’t want to be here on some level. Something that can never be confirmed or denied but I think he wanted out.

No reason for Bob to ignore his existence otherwise. He ALWAYS pumps the tires of prospects doing well. See his Wanner promotion these days. He ignored Kesselring existence despite Kesselring being our best prospect defenceman by eye.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1661753715447623.jpg

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

And with that said we out shoot the Yotes 46 -30 and lose 2-1 or 1-0. Hoping we get the win of course

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I think most players can work with Drai since he slows shit down for everyone. The problem is that Drai has a penchant to stop skating so whatever line he's centering, it has no flow. It's like choppy af to watch

Reactions: nabob

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Dear coach Knoblauch,

Playing McDavid and Draisaitl together, while giving you a temporary flash of offense, is a failed experiment. Tippett, Woocroft and now you have slid into it. Learn from their mistake. Nuge cannot drive a line and you’re too easy to line match against. It also puts too much pressure on them to cheat for offense while the complimentary wingers/3rd line wither and die. Just don’t do it.

Thanks,

Me.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Dear coach Knoblauch,

Playing McDavid and Draisaitl together, while giving you a temporary flash of offense, is a failed experiment. Tippett, Woocroft and now you have slid into it. Learn from their mistake. Nuge cannot drive a line and you’re too easy to line match against. It also puts too much pressure on them to cheat for offense while the complimentary wingers/3rd line wither and die. Just don’t do it.

Thanks,

Me.
It’s no more a failed experiment than playing them apart. The team hasn’t been good enough with them on a line together and it hasn’t been good enough with them separate.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Dear coach Knoblauch,

Thanks,

Me.
And what has been a better experiment when it comes to Draisaitl? Who has he clicked with better than McDavid? What wingers has he boosted the production of?

Maybe go with Hyman-Drai-Nuge as top line and hope guys like Kane, Holloway or Perry are good enough to work with McDavid

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I hope we send 3000 Oiler fans into the late afternoon sun with joy after the win and the 1300 Yotes fans wondering what kind of bus it was that drove over them and then backed over them and did a brake stand for full effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad