Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Toronto V2 | Friday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Thats what happens when you chase for grit, and as a result we look worse offensively and slower.
The grit group on this board isn't looking good right now.

Even if you believe having grit is a problem, I think your frustration might be a bit misdirected. Kyle Dubas made the player sign decisions and Sheldon Keefe is making the roster decisions, yet it’s the posters on a message board who you decided need criticism.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Even if you believe having grit is a problem, I think your frustration might be a bit misdirected. Kyle Dubas made the player sign decisions and Sheldon Keefe is making the roster decisions, yet it’s the posters on a message board who you decided need criticism.

Well it would be a Leaf thread if we didn’t have some infighting..

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
This game will be a good barometer to the season....with Division play being what it is...bad time to drop 2 in a row...it comes down to who wants it more.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah it was a really dumb post unless it was a backhanded Dubas criticism. Good for a laugh though. :laugh:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Would it surprise anyone if we lost to these guys again Friday?

Edmonton will be playing with house money tonight. They got their split, they'll be relax and won't be squeezing the stick

The Leafs really need to start forechecking. It seemed like part of last game they were just waiting for someone else to do to something.

This team still has identity issues, we don't know what kind of team we really are.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Sandin gonna draw in tonight?

This is what you call over marinating. Some players will only learn by being with the big club. Romanov in Montreal, Heinola in Winnipeg, they are playing
Leafs brass is too risk averse sometimes and that Detroit model is a p*$& off.

Sandin definitely should be playing for his own development and also because let's face it, he's better than Bogo. Although, Bogo had a good game
Dermott should be rotated

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I think it's more evidence that Kyle cannot really identify those aspects of the game. He wanted to add some grit and make us harder to play against. So he went ahead and brought in a 41 year old, a few European players, a bottom pairing dman, Simmonds (good), Brodie and whatever Jimmy Vesey is supposed to be.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sadly, no. I am not sure what to expect tonight. I would imagine they will be better than Wednesday (hard not to be), but I also expect the Oilers to be better too... I say whoever scores first wins.

Go Leafs!
My gut tells me they are going to go into a little slump as they start playing the better teams.

Reactions: wingman75

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to win tonight. With the schedule the way it is this year we cannot be giving up 4 points to one team in back to to back games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad