Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Toronto V2 | Friday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Campbell starting tomorrow with Hutchinson as backup?

Great if Anderson works his way into the lineup at some point.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

giphy.gif

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
So I guess Bogo is going to be a staple in the lineup all season? Ugh.

I really hope we start seeing more frequent switches of the fringe guys in our lineup to keep them hungry. We have about 6 different players who could reasonably rotate in so we might as well use them.

Reactions: Critical91

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Some of those lineup decisions are pretty bad. Obviously it's never ideal especially when there are injuries, but it just doesn't look good

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The schedule makers really missed the mark not putting this on HNIC. Pandemic or no pandemic, you have to be more savvy about those Matthews McDavid matchups.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Sandin might be getting a chance.

1. obviously brooks placeholding for auston who is maybe getting a rest or maybe getting punished for comments?
2. Hyman to the Tavares line (who imo needs him more)is good, but vesey bumping up to the matthews line in thornton's spot isn't really deserved.
3. Simmonds bizarrely getting a promotion to the 3rd line I don't like. He's been real bad.
4. Engvall at 4C is probably good because Spezza doesn't seem to be able to handle C at all and might be the reason why the 4th line has been absolutely useless.
5. Sandin potentially getting the start, which makes sense given that imo both dermott and lehtonen have done nothing other than get themselves into trouble out there so far.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Thats what happens when you chase for grit, and as a result we look worse offensively and slower.
The grit group on this board isn't looking good right now.

What has "chase for grit" have to do with last night. If anything the Oilers came in with a play gritter against the soft Leafs strategy. They cut off the neutral zone and passing lanes and (as usual) we could not adjust is the way I saw it.

P.S. how can you play a grit game if you do not have much grit. If anything blame Keefe for playing into the Oilers hand.

Reactions: ACC1224

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Robertson - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Engvall
Anderson - Brooks - Boyd

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljegren
Your thoughts on a dermott trade?

I like the guy but dubas/keefe seem to have no interest developing him

I was thinking something like

Dermott for Roslovic or

Dermott + Vesey + 2021 2nd for Rust@50

For the 2nd deal I'd say pick up Pirri on waivers until the 2 weeks pass and we can use Rust

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Robertson - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Engvall
Anderson - Brooks - Boyd

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljegren
Thats probably the most ideal lineup. I get the hesitance going with a young 3rd pair but they are better then the others.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
This core just doesn’t care; they do the same shit year in, year out, say they’ve worked on it and improved but then come out again the next year looking like this.

It just seems nothing motivates this group. Not the excitement of winning a cup for the most Cup starved city in the world, not for the best/most loyal fans, and definitely not even the embarrassment of being labeled chokers. If they really cared, I think we would already be seeing a tangible difference but they really don’t and don’t seem like they ever will. Still really early in the season but they better blow this shit up if they choke again

I’m not excited to watch this team play anymore.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Your thoughts on a dermott trade?

I like the guy but dubas/keefe seem to have no interest developing him

I was thinking something like

Dermott for Roslovic or

Dermott + Vesey + 2021 2nd for Rust@50

For the 2nd deal I'd say pick up Pirri on waivers until the 2 weeks pass and we can use Rust

Rust would be interesting.

no interest in roslovic though.

Reactions: hamzarocks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thats what happens when you chase for grit, and as a result we look worse offensively and slower.
The grit group on this board isn't looking good right now.
o_O :laugh:
What was Dubas thinking?

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad