News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In what sense is he “right”?
He doesn’t have a f@#$&*& clue what he’s talking about and should stick to what he actually knows something about.
Quebec lover. Perhaps they have a spot for you in the Bombardier union.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Hey guys, habs fan here. I didn't know where to put this, but this seemed like an OK place to do so. It seems that one of the witness of the car crash involving Zach Kassian in Montreal told the court that Kassian was actually driving the vehicule and was not a passenger. I'll link the article to you, but it's in french. Google traduction got a lot better recently, you might understand most of this!

Facultés affaiblies : Zack Kassian était au volant, selon un témoin | PHILIPPE TEISCEIRA-LESSARD | Procès

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Hey guys, habs fan here. I didn't know where to put this, but this seemed like an OK place to do so. It seems that one of the witness of the car crash involving Zach Kassian in Montreal told the court that Kassian was actually driving the vehicule and was not a passenger. I'll link the article to you, but it's in french. Google traduction got a lot better recently, you might understand most of this!

Facultés affaiblies : Zack Kassian était au volant, selon un témoin | PHILIPPE TEISCEIRA-LESSARD | Procès

Oof, guess someone missed their bribe payment. Kind of thought everyone and their dog figured Kass was the one driving anyways.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

How is this relevant?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well it's a testimony in court against one of your active player

I guess I am wondering if that changes anything for Kassian in any significant way. I thought this incident was settled...are they reopening something?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I guess I am wondering if that changes anything for Kassian in any significant way. I thought this incident was settled...are they reopening something?

Officialy it's the trial of the girl who was thought to be the driver. But, a key witness testified that Kassian was actually the driver. If she's deemed credible than this could re-open his own case, but it's impossible to know as of now.

According to this article he lied to the police about his alcohol and drug consumption on that night, so it doesn't look that good but it would be a stretch for anyone (outside of witnesses) to equate this to him being the driver.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Officialy it's the trial of the girl who was thought to be the driver. But, a key witness testified that Kassian was actually the driver. If she's deemed credible than this could re-open his own case, but it's impossible to know as of now.

According to this article he lied to the police about his alcohol and drug consumption on that night, so it doesn't look that good but it would be a stretch for anyone (outside of witnesses) to equate this to him being the driver.

Okay...thanks.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Okay...thanks.

Also, it's important for me to mention that the witness did not mention *when* Kassian was driving. She got a malaise in court and had to leave before finishing up her testimony. There's still a chance they changed drivers through the night, but that seems improbable at least to me.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Quebec lover. Perhaps they have a spot for you in the Bombardier union.
Not a Quebec lover at all. But you might just might want to read up om federalism and transfer payments.
Of course many here in Alberta think it was through their/their parents hard work the Province sits on a pool of gold and those dastardly Qubecers shouldn't get what is rightly theirs.
All that been said, the pipeline fiasco is just that. But their is many years of blame over many governments to spread around on that one.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't stand the same old crap on every show. Haven't been listening for a while.
Problem is when they do go in a different direction people complain. Even in the off-season people will complain why isn't there more Oilers talk when nothing is going on.

People can hate Nielsen and Gregor, but they are the only two that try talk about something non-oilers or non-eskimos. They are also pretty much the only ones that can as most of the others have very little clue about anything that isn't NHL or CFL related.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Problem is when they do go in a different direction people complain. Even in the off-season people will complain why isn't there more Oilers talk when nothing is going on.

People can hate Nielsen and Gregor, but they are the only two that try talk about something non-oilers or non-eskimos. They are also pretty much the only ones that can as most of the others have very little clue about anything that isn't NHL or CFL related.
All of the hosts of the 5 local daily shows on TSN 1260 attempt to break up the wall-to-wall Oilers discussion but are well-aware of what the vast majority of their audience wants. I'd say that Dave Jamieson (a longtime former Edmonton Eskimos employee) introduces non-Oilers content the most while not surprisingly Lowetide is the one who does it the least. Nielson's show is packed with so many texter-driven comedy bits that it's hard to compare to the others content-wise. Possibly because of the addition of Jason Strudwick as co-host, Gregor's show has recently become more hockeycentric than ever although he'll never stray completely away from the "any sport anytime" philosophy he inherited from his former boss John Short. In the 9-midnight slot Dean Millard does a fine job of keeping things almost as well-balanced as Jamieson does in the early afternoon.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Ya true enough
Just seems lately it's rehashed rehash to me!

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
From the things I thought I would never hear dept....

Jason Gregor & Dan Tencer on the air together on TSN1260 doing the Oilers pregame show.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Was this the extent of their beef?
LCGPmqA.png

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Nobody liked Tencer back then. Someone finally called him out, most were happy.

With that being said Tencer has grown a lot and learned from his mistakes
Hard disagree. Tencer is still awful. Instant changing of the station every time he’s on.
Yaremchuk on 1260 is following the Tencer career path nicely. Arrogant, overly opinionated and smug as hell.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad