News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
Marc Majeau is leaving Team 1260 Friday. Miss ya, Marc. I don't know where he's headed; probably to a better paying gig. Sorry, Marc, I've corrected the spelling of your name. I know better.
He is going to Oilersnation. Not sure yet what he will be doing, wrestling stuff perhaps? I know he is a fan of all sports generally and not just the Oilers. I've really liked him for a while, seems intelligent enough to make it far.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Did he talk about a song he loved from the 50's for twenty mins first and then go off on them? or rave about his favorite Fife and Dekel pie?
He touted the Fife and Dekel sandwich he had the day before, then boasted that his My Pillow helps him sleep like a baby. I dislike My Pillow. I use one and it's nothing special at all. Cool side of the pillow? That's ********.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I tease him but I love Lowetide.
I'm happy for Lowetide's late-career radio renaissance but I find his show to be tough going these days. Aside from McDavid's exciting scoring exploits, the Oilers are on the far back burner with me probably until the NHL Entry Draft in June at least. Allan's show is definitely not the place to be for those of us who are feeling this way. Also I much preferred Lt. Eric to Yaremchuk in the role of Lowetide's foil.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Yes kudos to Dusty!

But remind him that when he stands up and makes fart noises with his hand and armpit that the locals may not find it entertaining.

:sarcasm:

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I thought that Nielson did a nice job at the Spengler. Still, I think that football pbp is where he's at his best.
Im not sure how he is at football, but I agree about hockey. I thought he was very good.
He may go places

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Im not sure how he is at football, but I agree about hockey. I thought he was very good.
He may go places

Even though he blocked me on twitter for one sarcastic comment o_O, I think he does a great job in the mornings and a solid job in Davos. Happy for him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think he's on tomorrow again, but either way good job Tom Gazzola on Lowetide's show this week.

Feeling in apparently while Lowetide is off. Only caught him today, but I really liked the guy. Perfect voice, smart questions, fluid conversations.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I think he's on tomorrow again, but either way good job Tom Gazzola on Lowetide's show this week.

Feeling in apparently while Lowetide is off. Only caught him today, but I really liked the guy. Perfect voice, smart questions, fluid conversations.
Gazzola is an absolute beauty.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I find Lowetide very entertaining. I like his style and I his take on situations.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure if he does podcasts, but Stauffer had Ray on his show. Not sure what was funnier Ray saying he might tangle with Stauffer and Stauffer would explode or the story about him and Domi fighting at the draft.

Essentially they had the same agent and were sharing a room. They then end up fighting and only stop after Domi hit his head on the end table and was cut open. Apparently the only time Ray cut Domi, and they fought 23 times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad