Edmonton..looks bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Coach is in a tricky spot. Do you force Draisaitl to second line and risk that he flounders, or load up one line and pray for secondary scoring? Is D a problem? Goaltending? Not easy to win if you have that many problems at once.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Coach is in a tricky spot. Do you force Draisaitl to second line and risk that he flounders, or load up one line and pray for secondary scoring? Is D a problem? Goaltending? Not easy to win if you have that many problems at once.

The coach is creating his own problems by stacking one line while watching the other three lines struggle to score. Depth will always trump one good line.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wow. Shut out.

What happened to McJesus' 100 goal season?

If anyone actually thought he'd score 100 goals, then they were crazy.

Only way that would happen is if the NHL changed the schedule so that the Oilers played the Flames all 82 games. :sarcasm:

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
The Leafs already have young NHL ready players in Kapanen and Leivo, etc. to replace those guys if needed.

You mean Leivo who will most likely end up as a UFA at the end of the season and Kappanen who has done nothing at the NHL level are going to replace consistent 45-50 and 50-60 point players?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You mean Leivo who will most likely end up as a UFA at the end of the season and Kappanen who has done nothing at the NHL level are going to replace consistent 45-50 and 50-60 point players?
I wish Kapanen and Leivo could replace them already to be honest

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
How many more lottery drafts do they need to finally be a good team.

This is perhaps the worst rebuild I have ever witnessed, they had 4 first overalls which included one generational player yet they still suck this much?

Reactions: bionic

topcheezy

Sep 3, 2017
they're really bad, and i don't see where their improvement is gonna come from. almost every move their gm makes only makes them worse, and they have very few prospects, all of them questionable. they need depth bad and i don't see where they're gonna get it from.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think it's looking like a real possibility that Edmonton misses the playoffs this year. Just insane how much luck they had last year, that Draisaitl contract will destroy them for years.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
chiarelli is an awful GM.

They need to get rid of him ASAP so they dont waste the years they have McDavid.

Get a gm in there with a proper vision and plan to make a team that can win a cup in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad