Edmonton..looks bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Indeed. They were insanely healthy last year and suffered no key injuries. Talbot also had a performance that everybody knew he wasn't going to repeat. Regression was written all over this team prior to this season.
even though this was meant to be a trigger post, I can't help but agree. sadly.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
At what point does TMac get fired? It's not really his fault, nor is it fair, but I feel some kind of shake up is needed. Or will they just let this season go to waste and get another draft pick and try again next year?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is this not true of the Leafs as well though, and many young teams? They haven't had an important player miss any amount of significant time over this season or last.
Leafs offense is good, oilers is mcdavid.
Leafs defense is meh, oilers is fake news.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Chiapet mismanaged things in Boston and now he's doing the same thing in Edmonton.

No surprise really.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
There's zero issue with McDavid as captain. Sounds more like people who had egg on their face last season are just looking to get their digs in now.

I saw this coming tbh, was a fluke season last year... lot of luck. Kesler cursed them after all their cheap antics and play.
A Ducks fan accusing another team of "cheap antics". O_O

May I ask what the Oilers did that was so cheap?

Logicize

Sep 9, 2017
A game is on the player.
Game to game is on the coach.
A season is on the GM.
A decade is on the owner.

Katz, you are the worst. Wait - let me post this in the other "worst owner" thread!

Reactions: Tryampled

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Chiapet mismanaged things in Boston and now he's doing the same thing in Edmonton.

No surprise really.

He's a horrible GM but I dont think the Eberle trade was that bad. He freed the Oilers of a bad contract but he could of signed a veteran scorer like Vrbata or Cammalleri with the extra cap space.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Meh let's wait until they get Sekera back, I still believe this team will squeak into the playoffs, but it's getting tougher and tougher and they certainly can't afford to lose too many more games to teams of Detroit's caliber

Bettman will pull the Oilers lottery ball out of the bin and then do a sleight of hand to pull it at pick 13

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He's a horrible GM but I dont think the Eberle trade was that bad. He freed the Oilers of a bad contract but he could of signed a veteran scorer like Vrbata or Cammalleri with the extra cap space.
I don’t know why he’s a horrible GM? Look at the team he built it Boston.. He has a ring and had a legitimate shot at a couple more? That was a very good Boston Bruin team for several years. He isn’t finished in Edmonton yet.

The Eberle for Strome looks rough. I’m not a huge Strome fan so I’d agree, you would have liked to see him fill that hole a little better.. He still might.

Lame Staley

Nov 3, 2017
They have all the pieces to be a winning team but there is a dark cloud that hangs over this franchise I swear to God. Having Leon, McDavid, and the surrounding cast like Lucic and Nuge and not being able to produce a goal against Detroit is unacceptable. Who do you trade/fire? Seriously...

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Fortunately the Detroit game was at 6 a.m. in Japan, so I didn't bother getting up to watch it.

That result is a bit of a surprise... I was expecting at least a close game, if not a win.

Anyway, at this same stage of the season last year they were in the midst of a 2W-8L run, so this year is the same. The difference is that last year they started on fire and then came down to earth before settling on a team-identity for the season, whereas this year they won only 1 game before going on a cold streak.

There have been encouraging signs of late that they were coming out of their funk, but this 0-4 game to Detroit.... Uhh, I don't know what to say about that. That's really surprising.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe the Oilers are trying to follow the 2009 and 2016 Penguins script. Underachieve until the coach is fired, go on a run under the new coach and win the Cup that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad