Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread: 5-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
These commentators dont know that when you challenege a penalty everything gets looked at?

I guess that only works when you're challenging against the Eskimos, where they look at a play 40 yards away from the actual play.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Maas isn't cut out for this.

For such an offensive "genius" he sure calls a ton of stupid plays. Pitch one up in to the wind on 2nd and medium at your own 30. Great call.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Maas isn't cut out for this.

For such an offensive "genius" he sure calls a ton of stupid plays. Pitch one up in to the wind on 2nd and medium at your own 30. Great call.

Reilly changed the play on the line.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Saskatchewan thinks they won the Grey Cup looking by how they celebrated.

They just doubled their wins by beating the defending Grey Cup Champions. Even though the Esks are becoming a joke the Riders should still be very happy.

As for the Eskimos...I am not at all surprised by this outcome.
I knew this season was going to be very underwhelming due to the coaching changes....I just didn't think it would be this bad.

Out coached and out executed again. This time by the worst team in the CFL. I hope that Jason 'the return game is just fine' Maas gets a clue. Not only about the return game but his garbage offensive game calling as well.

Cant wait for the Oiler season to start and the Eskimo 2016 s*** show of a season ends.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They just doubled their wins by beating the defending Grey Cup Champions. Even though this team is a joke they should still be very happy.

As for the Eskimos...I am not at all surprised by this outcome.
I knew this season was going to be very underwhelming due to the coaching changes....I just didn't think it would be this bad.

Out coached and out executed again. I hope that Jason 'the return game is just fine' Maas gets a clue. Not only about the return game but his garbage offensive game calling as well.

Cant wait for the Oiler season to start so the Eskimo 2016 s*** show of a season can end.

Amen. This feels like the Macocia years.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Maas is garbage...not even surprised at the outcome

way too inexpereinced to be a head coach...shame on Hervey for putting him in this position

but losing another OT game and to the Riders is a new low for the season and we can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye

I'm done with the CFL for the season!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The defence gave up a grand total of zero points in the first half. If we lose this game, it's because the offence keeps putting the defence in terrible field position and they can't sustain drives.

Edit: And now the offence gives up a touchdown. Le sigh.

Everyone always piles on the defence but the issue is always Benevides' play-calling when the game is close or the team has a lead.

You gotta be kidding me. We're facing the worst team, and worse offense in the league and the D gives up several hundred yds of offense and gives up drives consistently all day. Its not the points scored that is the issue is that by allowing the riders continual drives the Esks were losing the Field position battle all game.

This was a windy day. The ONLY thing the Esks D has to do to win this game is contain Durant, contain the run. They fail miserably in that which is inexcusable. With the end game fitting failure being Durant burning the entires Esks D running it in from the 7 yd line on 2nd down with game on the line.

This is an absolute fail performance by the D. its hard to execute offense well under such windy conditions. But somehow the esks allow a ton of yds offense in bad conditions. These conditions FAVOR D. But somehow that didn't help the Esks D today.:shakehead

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Maas is garbage...not even surprised at the outcome

way too inexpereinced to be a head coach...shame on Hervey for putting him in this position

but losing another OT game and to the Riders is a new low for the season and we can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye

I'm done with the CFL for the season!

Yup.
I was all over that the minute he was hired. Got jumped on here for stating the obvious. The man is simply not head coaching material at this point time.
How much more obvious could it have been?
That is 100% on Hervey.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Amen. This feels like the Macocia years.

Well...its not that bad yet but its heading in that direction.

Quality organizations dont make stupid mistakes like hiring a Head Coach that is years away from being ready. The Eskimos do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad