Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread: 5-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think a whole bunch of that is his offensive coordinator. His performance this year amplifies how bad Macadoodoo was last year in his game planning and overall concept. Reilly gets the ball out of his hands a lot quicker, the field is spread out more, and he isn't expected to run as much, which is going to save some wear and tear on him as the season, and the years go by. Cory Watson is another shining example of how to turn a guy that was basically a 5th option and used for junk passes like 2 yarders to keep a defence honest, into a viable passing option anywhere on the field.

Saving wear and tear is vitally important for Reilly. His style was too reckless in the past so JM's input at this time is much needed.

As for Watson...he pretty much had to step up because he was never going to get a better opportunity than he has now. Good to see that he has risen to the challenge so far.

Offensively I would still like to se the Esks develop a better running game. Once they do that the offence will be much more formidable.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully we don't get to watch the Eskimos Slaking this Saturday. I think we win this game, not to Jynx it, even though they often come out like they're walking in Muk.

...I'm all out of puns for now.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Offensively I would still like to se the Esks develop a better running game. Once they do that the offence will be much more formidable.

The running game doesn't seem to be much of a priority in the Maas offence but the presence of an excellent playmaker like John White in the line-up may force his hand a bit.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The running game doesn't seem to be much of a priority in the Maas offence but the presence of an excellent playmaker like John White in the line-up may force his hand a bit.

Thats my hope as well. John White has been under utilized so far.

If Maas doesnt start using White more I see the opposition defences catching up to what Maas is doing at some point.

Developing the running game has to be included on the menu sooner rather than later.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Gee, if they didn't have each other the Bombers and Riders might not beat anyone. Kidding about the Riders as they'll get better but Winnipeg is lousy.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I've been on this board since I was 13 and replacements been the cynical loveable old grandpa I never had :laugh::laugh:

Grandpa? Grandpa?!?

Heh, you're younger than I thought. Hey, cynicism happens with age and being an Oiler fan. I'm sure theres a mathematical formula describing the correlation;).

My advice is stop reading news now and hope for the best regarding the Oilers. or just forget the Oilers and focus on the Esks. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yuuup. The Stampeders had no trouble yet the Esks did. Very worrying.

Was waiting to come here to read this from you oh thou cynic. ;)

No reasonable connection that's meaningful can be designed on how two CFL teams fare against a 3rd opponent in this random league.

The only Gauge of Esks vs Stamps is playing each other.

Next, I missed if the Stamps have had multiple defenders jump to the NFL.

Finally, the Esks offense set the bombers on fire last week. Only stupid penalties prevented it from being a blowout. Didn't help that was a penalty on majority of our kick returns and Esks offense was running long field all night.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Snoog Dog apparently gave the CFL some free publicity on twitter the other day.

I guess he was tweeting while watching Als and Cats

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Snoog Dog apparently gave the CFL some free publicity on twitter the other day.

I guess he was tweeting while watching Als and Cats

He tweeted that he'd like to try out in the CFL. Seriously. I'd love it if he tried. These guys think this is easy.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
He tweeted that he'd like to try out in the CFL. Seriously. I'd love it if he tried. These guys think this is easy.

From all accounts he's quite a good football player, and I believe he also coached his sons high school team.

good old snoop would never pass a drug test, though. he'd probably have a fatty hanging from his lips as he was peeing into the cup.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I'm a good singer but I'm not good enough to perform with Paul McCartney.

On the other hand I think I could do that before this guy could play in the CFL. :) :nod:

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Grandpa? Grandpa?!?

Heh, you're younger than I thought. Hey, cynicism happens with age and being an Oiler fan. I'm sure theres a mathematical formula describing the correlation;).

My advice is stop reading news now and hope for the best regarding the Oilers. or just forget the Oilers and focus on the Esks. :laugh:

With law school I haven't really been as die-hard as I was in my teen years. Part of me misses it but I rarely come on the board or take as much anguish in their defeats. Maybe I'm just numb like a war vet :laugh::laugh: still love to see you posting when I do come, even if it's just to know you're not dead yet :sarcasm:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Eskimos FINALLY clued in that they need to be hot out of the gate and look where it's leading them? :handclap: Keep it up boys! Don't let go of the momentum.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Love the saltyness from Suitor.

Cuthbert: "Touchdown Derel Walker! What a catch and the Eskimos have a 16-3 lead now"

Suitor: "Oh there's a Flag and it's definitely going back"

Ref: "On video review, there is no infraction, it is a Touchdown"

Suitor: "Well that was weird. <Quiet Whisper> It should have went back..."

Cuthbert: "Well let's look at the replay..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cuthbert: "Eskimos are firing from all cylinders, right?"

Suitor: "......"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad