Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread 2015: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree totally with this.

I thought and still feel that starting Nichols was the right move, but I now think that Franklin should start. I agree with how the coaches have handled this. Unfortunately, it didn't work out last weekend, but let's see now how Franklin can do.

This is exactly it, he still does not have the grasp off the offence yet. I was so excited seeing him in the preseason, he has all the tools we just have to be careful with him. So much potential here, its too bad Reilly had to go down so early before Franklin was ready.

Its interesting to see how the players feel about the development path for new players.

Walker is one of those players (he has also looked very good early on) and he echos what we are suggesting...

Derel Walker said:
Franklin is a great guy. He has a great personality. He always has a great attitude. He’s always positive. We have a little chemistry. We’ve taken a lot of reps together. That’s what I love about this program here. They make sure they develop the guys who aren’t activated yet.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Two comments on Walker:

- Two games, 24 passes caught, 308 yards; I don't ever remember such a debut.
- $200 tryout fee; the Esks should refund it. He11, I'd pay it for him. Call me, bud, let's talk.

Walker looked very good in exhibition. He deserved a chance to play at some point.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm going tomorrow. I would have been pissed if I had to watch Nichols stink up the joint for a half before finally seeing Franklin.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Watching the Ticats- allouettes game right now and they're retiring Angelo Mosca's number. I'm surprised this wasn't done decades earlier considering how much he meant to that team and city. The guy hasn't played in over forty years. Most of their fans never saw him play. I've followed the CFL since the early seventies and I never saw him play. Does anybody know why this wasn't done years earlier? Seems a shame to me since he's been an ambassador to the CFL for as long as I can remember and has always been associated with the Hamilton TiCats.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Watching the Ticats- allouettes game right now and they're retiring Angelo Mosca's number. I'm surprised this wasn't done decades earlier considering how much he meant to that team and city. The guy hasn't played in over forty years. Most of their fans never saw him play. I've followed the CFL since the early seventies and I never saw him play. Does anybody know why this wasn't done years earlier? Seems a shame to me since he's been an ambassador to the CFL for as long as I can remember and has always been associated with the Hamilton TiCats.

Was Joe Kapp there.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Two comments on Walker:

- Two games, 24 passes caught, 308 yards; I don't ever remember such a debut.
- $200 tryout fee; the Esks should refund it. He11, I'd pay it for him. Call me, bud, let's talk.

That tryout fee was something I hadn't heard of until I read the article.

:amazed:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm not sure how charging players money to try out is helping.

It may help defer some of the Esks costs but for the most part it is meant to weed out those that are not serious.

It used to be $100, $200 seems pretty high considering how poorly paid CFL players are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad