Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Argos will suck for another 3-4 years, then have a .500 campaign and go on to win another cup in front of their 16,000 loyal fans. Rinse and repeat. It's what they do.

Reactions: The Oiler

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Geez, Toronto wins this game if they merely turn the ball over 4 times instead of 7. Only a couple of those turnovers were even caused by good plays from Calgary defenders, about five of them were just unforced gifts.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to playing the Stamps this year, which is not something I've said in a long time. They remind me a lot of Saskatchewan last year, as their defense is a bigger threat to score than their offense at this point.

How about Corey Chamblin punting down 10 with 2:30 left? Hard to take an organization seriously when those kinds of decisions are coming in from the sideline.
It shows how bad the state of coaching in the league is right now when Corey Chamblin is being recycled.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It shows how bad the state of coaching in the league is right now when Corey Chamblin is being recycled.

I'll be honest, I thought it was a decent hire. I was wrong on that one. Wonder how long until Popp makes himself head coach...

Ottawa had a ton of injuries, but I think reality is also setting in. Very little talent on that roster. 7-11 might host a playoff game in the east this year. The crossover team could have a losing record too.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don’t know why that wasn’t a turnover on downs but I’ll take the crappy officiating for once.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure what coaches around the league are thinking on 3rd and 1 this year but it’s bordering on stupidity.

Never seen so many stops on 3rd and 1 in the CFL.

Reactions: YakDavid

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
it feels like coaches are trying to "outsmart" each other on third and one. It looks bad

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maas and Khari are definitely trying to one up each other right now, lol.

What you can do I can do better, or stupider.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Seems like every year that the more time Maas has with his offense the worse it gets.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maas with some idiotic playcalling.

Bet he goes for the FG again, although it actually makes sense this time.

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
I can only assume that Mass ran on 2nd and 10 in order to get Whyte closer for a field goal???

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Maas with some idiotic playcalling.

Bet he goes for the FG again, although it actually makes sense this time.
Can’t fault him for kicking it there. It was the only time out of the three where it was the right call given the situation. Gotta admit that though, I had no idea what he was actually going to do there. His play calling, yet again today, keeps me convinced he’s a strategic liability.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Seems like every year that the more time Maas has with his offense the worse it gets.

This. What an abortion of a coach Maas is.

This was a terrible looking offensive scheme today from the first drive. You just knew it was going to be ugly.

But the coaching decisions? Gamble early in the game in easy FG range and then THROW on the gamble? With Stafford dropping the ball. Then acting surprised on the sidelines that throwing the ball on 3rd down is a high risk play and resulting in a turnover on downs is you don't complete it?

That error resulted in a subsequent 10 pt Swing as Als converted the turnover to a TD. Football is a momentum sport, first and foremost, and that was a key decision (bad) that turned the momentum early in this game. Simply kick a FG there and we're not chasing the score the entire game afterwards.

But poor execution on the field. Nobody on the offense played well, and Harris was really bad in this game in reads, in his throws, and had nothing on the ball today. How much of this, and him already being hampered is due to his playing on two knee braces. This can't be good. Anytime he threw deep he got little on the balls which took a long time getting there and allowing coverage to converge.

I think Harris is playing injured already in game 5.

No D would have been good enough to save this one when your offense had nothing going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad