Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Ty Rattie

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Allways liked this guy going back to watching him in Junior against Oilkings, and the Oilkings memorial cup season and the whl playoff series and the epic 7 game final , I attended all the Oil Kings games that season. As I have stated before he was burried in St. Louis they had the best RW depth in the NHL when they drafted Rattie .

I was also pissed off the Oilers picked Musil over him in the 2nd round. Rattie has allways had high Pedigree he was a bantam standout he was drfated 2nd overall in whl bantam draft. This could be the diamond in the rough Oilers were looking for , and with his skill level he could easily produce more than Maroon did as McDavids winger. He has very good hands good hockey sense and loves to shoot the puck. I really hope he is re-signed.

Reactions: TheNumber4

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Allways liked this guy going back to watching him in Junior against Oilkings, and the Oilkings memorial cup season and the whl playoff series and the epic 7 game final , I attended all the Oil Kings games that season. As I have stated before he was burried in St. Louis they had the best RW depth in the NHL when they drafted Rattie .

I was also pissed off the Oilers picked Musil over him in the 2nd round. Rattie has allways had high Pedigree he was a bantam standout he was drfated 2nd overall in whl bantam draft. This could be the diamond in the rough Oilers were looking for , and with his skill level he could easily produce more than Maroon did as McDavids winger. He has very good hands good hockey sense and loves to shoot the puck. I really hope he is re-signed.
I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. It's early to say that he could "easily" produce more than Maroon did on McDavid's wing. I hope he does, but a good week of hockey doesn't make this kid the answer to our problems. I hope he is re-signed too though, he's taken the bull by the horns here and is trying his best to show that he belongs beside McDavid and Nuge. Cheap one year extension please.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

he's played 5 games and plays with mcdavid. hold your horses

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Don't care watched him enough to know he has great skill he got all of Baertschi Petan and Lepsic drafted a lot higher than they should of been because of it.
considering the fact that he has been in the minors for all of this season except for 6 games where as the three players you mentioned have been in the nhl all season besides petan (he plays in a deep organization), it isn't a good sign. also he was waived twice last season and couldn't make a weak oilers team this season.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
considering the fact that he has been in the minors for all of this season except for 6 games where as the three players you mentioned have been in the nhl all season besides petan (he plays in a deep organization), it isn't a good sign. also he was waived twice last season and couldn't make a weak oilers team this season.
I guesss you don't realize how depth can hinder careers Do you really think he was going to leap frog Tarasenko Oshie and Backes into a rop 6 or even top 9 position he produced right away in the AHL his skill was not the problem , But you're just another stat watcher on HF tthat looks into no circumstances so I digress .

Reactions: TheNumber4

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. It's early to say that he could "easily" produce more than Maroon did on McDavid's wing. I hope he does, but a good week of hockey doesn't make this kid the answer to our problems. I hope he is re-signed too though, he's taken the bull by the horns here and is trying his best to show that he belongs beside McDavid and Nuge. Cheap one year extension please.

Signing him to a multiyear deal is stupid, when he hasn't produced outside of being on mcdavid's wing. Let him sink or swim

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I guesss you don't realize how depth can hinder careers Do you really thhink he was going to leap frog Tarasenko Oshie and Backes into a rop 6 or even top 9 position he produced right away in the AHL his skill was not the problem , But you're just another stat watcher on HF tthat looks into no circumstances so I digress .
i think you're too defensive because you finally see another winger other than drai and maroon that can be prodcutive without mcdavid. have fun with your former waiver fodder.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I guesss you don't realize how depth can hinder careers Do you really think he was going to leap frog Tarasenko Oshie and Backes into a rop 6 or even top 9 position he produced right away in the AHL his skill was not the problem , But you're just another stat watcher on HF tthat looks into no circumstances so I digress .
So then on an Oilers team desperate all season for skilled scoring wingers to play with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH, why has it taken him until now to crack the lineup? Or did the Oilers have the second best RW depth in the league after St. Louis?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So then on an Oilers team desperate all season for skilled scoring wingers to play with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH, why has it taken him until now to crack the lineup? Or did the Oilers have the second best RW depth in the league after St. Louis?
Lol he was signed this year he started in the minors They were looking at Yamamoto 1st 10 games . He also lead Bakersfield in scoring from the get go with no center help . Are you serious with this post he lingered in St. loius for 6 seasons and was not given a top 6 chance he is not a bottom 6 player he is a skilled player lol they tried many different players on the wing wiih McDavid thhis season Draisaitl Strome Puljujarvi Cammaleri Caggiula Slepyshev

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol he was signed this year he started in the minors They were looking at Yamamoto 1st 10 games . He also lead Bakersfield in scoring from the get go with no center help . Are you serious with this post he lingered in St. loius for 6 seasons and was not given a top 6 chance he is not a bottom 6 player he is a skilled player lol
Sure he's a skilled player. There are tons of skilled players in the AHL that can't cut it in the NHL.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Sure he's a skilled player. There are tons of skilled players in the AHL that can't cut it in the NHL.
Well he is cutting it right now k lol this site is hilarious where some posters get all their knowledge from Hockey database on a player

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Why is it considered a bad thing when a player has chemistry with another? McDavid needed someone like Rattie to get to the rough areas to score, something Maroon used to do. If he can only play with McDavid, then so be it. Sign him for cheap on that notion and let him be that complimentary player.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well he is cutting it right now k lol this site is hilarious where some posters get all their knowledge from Hockey database on a player
So you have watched every single Ty Rattie game this season, along with every single Edmonton Oilers game, along with every single St. Louis Blues game over the last six seasons?

Or is this just some rant because you liked Ty Rattie from his minor hockey days.

Reactions: SantaClaus

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He got 30 games for St Louis and if my memory was correct he has flashes of good offense but not good enough to over come his lack of defensive game. I always hoped he would break through and I hope he does, seem like a decent kid when he was here.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
hes a really talented offensive winger but he wasnt gonna make it in st louis

good luck to him hope he sticks with mcdavid

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

For a guy with Yakupov as his avatar, this has got to be up there with the most mind-numbingly ironic posts I've seen in some time.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Why is it considered a bad thing when a player has chemistry with another? McDavid needed someone like Rattie to get to the rough areas to score, something Maroon used to do. If he can only play with McDavid, then so be it. Sign him for cheap on that notion and let him be that complimentary player.

This is exactly what the Oilers need, a cheap winger that can bury the chances McDavid creates. Whether this is a good signing or not depends on the numbers, but a short, cheap deal would be a very good low risk/high reward move.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rattie is playing well and IMO has earned another one year contract.

He didn’t sulk when he was almost immediately sent to the AHL, he sucked it up and was the best offensive player on a bad team. He worked hard, produced, earned a callup and is making the most of it.

If you don’t appreciate that, you’re a bit dead inside.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
For a guy with Yakupov as his avatar, this has got to be up there with the most mind-numbingly ironic posts I've seen in some time.
Yes, because an avatar on a message board is what to judge by.
Rattie is playing well and IMO has earned another one year contract.

He didn’t sulk when he was almost immediately sent to the AHL, he sucked it up and was the best offensive player on a bad team. He worked hard, produced, earned a callup and is making the most of it.

If you don’t appreciate that, you’re a bit dead inside.
No doubt he's put in the work, and he's legitimately got the talent to stick around but there are reasons why he hasn't as of yet. If he can remains to be seen, but it's a major positive for him that he's producing with McDavid/RNH right now because in all likelihood, he'll be given the first opportunity at RW next training camp.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The truth is somewhere in the middle.

It was a good signing, low costs/high reward and thats about it right now but somehow you try to sell him as the next best thing after 6 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad