Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TOR] Mike Brown for EDM 4th '14 (3rd if EDM Reaches Playoffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
So a couple questions still remain for me.....

1) who is he taking off of the roster now? hopefully one of the extra "D" man since we are carrying 8, (Potter or Peckham) should move and we can get that 4th rd pick back in that deal, and I am happy.
2) Is he any better then Darcy Hordichuk? who we have in OKC, I have seen allot of Leaf games and I beg to differ....sure he skates better but thats pretty much it.
3) And like others have mentioned couldn't we have gotten Sestito off of waivers who is bigger, for nothing?

Confused.....

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Wait, people wanted grit and size in the bottom six, and are *****ing about it BEFORE A GAME IS PLAYED?

No way.

the negativity on this board has become a joke. We wanted more toughness and we get it and what happens--people complain about it.

But my question is, is he any better then hordichuck? Brown playes less minutes then Hords did and he is a light heavy weight-- but he will fight with the best of them. So that is a good thing

Skm

May 30, 2008
Edmonton
Hordichuk can actually skate pretty well, not a problem with him. The problem is that Hordichuk isn't good enough to take on a regular shift and neither is Brown for what i've seen. Krueger is a pacifist as well so Brown will be on a short leash. If he takes any bad penalties, he'll be riding the pine for several games at least.

Did you watch any games? Hordichuk never took a regular shift because he was too slow to make it to any player while they still had the puck.

People crying over poor asset management, gtfo...the Oilers are trying to get meaner and the bottom 6 is a place to start. The 4th rounder in 2014 has about a 7% chance of playing in the NHL (historically). Brown may not make a huge difference but a guy who knows his role will be very valuable to this team, could easily be a fan favorite sooner than later.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Well he should fit right in. From the TSN article. "He has missed eight games due to a shoulder injury." :laugh:

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Brown isnt a bad addition, i mean him and Eager make a hell of a 4th line.

The question is who comes out. MPS is off to the AHL? Someone to IR? Another trade?

We have a lot of bodies in the bottom six as is so it will be interesting to see what happens.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Did you watch any games? Hordichuk never took a regular shift because he was too slow to make it to any player while they still had the puck.

People crying over poor asset management, gtfo...the Oilers are trying to get meaner and the bottom 6 is a place to start. The 4th rounder in 2014 has about a 7% chance of playing in the NHL (historically). Brown may not make a huge difference but a guy who knows his role will be very valuable to this team, could easily be a fan favorite sooner than later.

Do YOU watch the games? Hordichuk can skate pretty well, he just has the hockey sense of a twig so he skates like a chicken with its head cut off. Brown is a similar type of player although Brown is a better fighter for sure but Brown is fast with no hockey sense so he commits dumb penalties from time to time, that won't sit well with Kruegs.
I don't mind the addition but i just don't see Brown getting much playing time. We'll see.

oilers_smyth_94

Feb 18, 2007
He's a liability and makes the team worse. Might as well have just kept Hordichuk. Terrible asset management, what a joke.

He's a good fourth liner. Brown's entertaining. He's better than Hordichuk and you'd know that if you've ever watched the Leafs play. For a fourth rounder, how is that bad asset management?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I really like this trade. Obviously not the blockbuster everyone wants but still a proven NHL talent that fills a need.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
So Spector tweeted 91 has 8 games before he takes waivers to go down, he expects him to go down the rest of the season

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
So Spector tweeted 91 has 8 games before he takes waivers to go down, he expects him to go down the rest of the season

Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if that happens, even though he's played well enough to stay. I'd send Harti down first.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Guy is really tough, great fighter. You'll love him. He's won like every fight this year with us. Works hard, can hit too.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Leafs fans are saying nothing but good things about him, yet we're dumping over Tambo for making this move.

I think we'd all agree that this team needed some truculence, and that's what he'll provide. If you've watched any Leafs game, you would have seen that he is much better than Hordichuk.

Let's give him a chance.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Seems a pretty solid addition to the bottom six.

We demand Tambo do something, he does something, and we *****. Wow. I know I was negative last night, but wow.

Some fans wouldn't be happy unless we got Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Weber all in one day. And even then...

oilers_smyth_94

Feb 18, 2007
Brown isnt a bad addition, i mean him and Eager make a hell of a 4th line.

The question is who comes out. MPS is off to the AHL? Someone to IR? Another trade?

We have a lot of bodies in the bottom six as is so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I would guess another trade, I'm looking at the blue line. Vultures are circling Whitney, Potter and Peckham. We can't have that many defensemen on our roster at one time and without many of them being any good.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
He's a good fourth liner. Brown's entertaining. He's better than Hordichuk and you'd know that if you've ever watched the Leafs play. For a fourth rounder, how is that bad asset management?

The Leafs have been fun to watch this year for sure. I've watched a few games. The ones I watched never included Brown because he was too busy sitting in the press box.

There are enough liabilities on this team - adding another one at the cost of ANYTHING is a totally stupid move. Not surprised though. The team is continuing to slide into a lottery spot again and Mike Brown is the answer right Tambellini? What an idiot.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Seems a pretty solid addition to the bottom six.

We demand Tambo do something, he does something, and we *****. Wow. I know I was negative last night, but wow.

Some fans wouldn't be happy unless we got Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Weber all in one day. And even then...

I wonder if people aren't so upset with the player as they are with the guy who made the deal. I'll give Brown a chance, for sure, but Tambo still has a lot of questions to answer in the future.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007

For some reason Spector has a hate for mps. Says he should go down because he isn't a top 6 forward. Well no ****. But he is a useful 3rd liner. Lowetide had a great article about him today of how he is one of the best defensive forwards on the team and drives possession numbers.

I keep him up here no matter what. Send down hartikainen, petrell, or put a dman on ir.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I watch a lot of leafs games, he's not a Hordichuck, he's more of an Eager who will fight more but produce less.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder if people aren't so upset with the player as they are with the guy who made the deal. I'll give Brown a chance, for sure, but Tambo still has a lot of questions to answer in the future.

I can def agree there.

If this is the extent of Tambo's dealing, I'll be pissed. He has a lot of holes to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad