Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] Nail Yakupov for Zach Pochiro + Cond. 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Stauffer hinting this is a clear salary move for possible D upgrade and it just so happens Yak also wanted out all this time too.

Perhaps 2 birds 1 stone scenario

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I would love to hear the reasoning behind this trade. Better do something good with that capspace if that's the reason for the trade.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I love seeing the *****ing and moaning. Addition by subtraction gentlemen. He is today a borderline NHLer and I can see him under Hitchcock now. Benched. Benched. Benched.

I agree the old Oilers failed him. However we are the new Oilers now. Time to look ahead not back.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I can't understand why he wasn't tried with McDavid for 10 games to find his game or regain some value. Eberle as our 2nd line RW makes us deeper if Yakupov could have gotten some time as RW1.

This was a prospect with the deck stacked from the word go, he didn't help himself, but the organization crushed any chance he had at carving out a niche. The return is moot at this point, as its likely just a cash dump. If they eat salary on this too, its gonna be comedic gold.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Not sure why people are upset. Yak's time here was clearly up. Great kid, hard worker, didn't fit in, couldn't think the game at a high enough level to keep up and be an effective player for us.

Hope he succeeds in the future, and we can move on and use his cap space on some D.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I love seeing the *****ing and moaning. Addition by subtraction gentlemen. He is today a borderline NHLer and I can see him under Hitchcock now. Benched. Benched. Benched.

I agree the old Oilers failed him. However we are the new Oilers now. Time to look ahead not back.

It makes this board completely unreadable.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
As an outsider looking in on this trade, that's not terrible for what I figured Yakupov was worth.

Depending on what the condition is, a 3rd Rounder and a B-level Prospect is a decent return seeing as how Yakupov has performed stats-wise these past couple seasons. I figured he would be moved for a 3rd round pick at most.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What a complete garbage return. An ECHLer and a conditional third round pick? Why move Yak if that's all you get?

I'm guessing this move was also done to change the team culture. Wish it didn't have to happen but it's done now and, like the Hall move, I hope people can move on from it quickly. I'm more interested in focusing on who this team has now moving forward.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope he has a great season. Disappointed in the return on the whole, but being(or trying to be) realistic about where he is and his value.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I can't understand why he wasn't tried with McDavid for 10 games to find his game or regain some value. Eberle as our 2nd line RW makes us deeper if Yakupov could have gotten some time as RW1.

This was a prospect with the deck stacked from the word go, he didn't help himself, but the organization crushed any chance he had at carving out a niche. The return is moot at this point, as its likely just a cash dump. If they eat salary on this too, its gonna be comedic gold.

Because NHL GMs aren't stupid. Even with McDavid Yakupov wasn't scoring much. The Oilers don't have the luxury of trying to see if Yakupov has figured out the NHL game yet after 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce