Confirmed Trade: [EDM/STL] Klim Kostin for Dmitri Samorukov

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Haven’t seen Samorukov since Jr but he was a big, rangy, pretty good two way Dman. Pinched well, contributed to the offense, not bad on D. No idea how he’s progressing.
He was looking great until STL blues broke him in his first NHL game.

Samaroukov was a top 5 Oilers prospect very close to Broberg in NHL projection up until his only NHL game.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
the human brain is indeed wonderful, it's free storage!!

don't worry we all remember how Nurse's 9.25M contract was fair value too, everyone has their eye on that too ;)

I still remember Oilers fans going hard in the paint defending Eberles 19% shooting rate as career sustainable.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'd just like to enjoy having 4 Russian wingers and pretending one is a Terminator without dipping into a discussion that would no doubt derail the thread, especially since discussing politics is forbidden here at HF.
I didn't initiate the praise of powerful Russians. Celebrating Russian power and enjoying all the Russia of it while the nation commits war crimes is not a thing I like to enjoy.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I didn't initiate the praise of powerful Russians. Celebrating Russian power and enjoying all the Russia of it while the nation commits war crimes is not a thing I like to enjoy.

I understand but politics underpin that entire situation and my intent was to highlight the rarity of having so many Russians on one NHL roster, not to glorify Russian geopolitics nor was I referencing current geopolitical events. Sorry if you took it that way but I assure you that wasn't my intent. This is simply a miscommunication and I hope I've clarified it for you here.

Reactions: PocketNines

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'm a bit confused what your point is here. Is it bad to praise Russian hockey players? Genuinely curious.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
How the hell is there a trade thread involving two Oilers/Blues borderline prospect and yet most of the posts are from Habs fans. Get a life lmao. There were just as many if not more of you guys claiming Josh Brook was better than Evan Bouchard b/c of that one world juniors game as there were Oilers fans claiming Samorukov was better than Romanov. Only difference is Samorukov might still have a NHL future whereas Josh Brook does not.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'm a bit confused what your point is here. Is it bad to praise Russian hockey players? Genuinely curious.
I honestly don't believe it is difficult to understand the difference between praising Russian players for the collective quality of their Russian strength and might – which is truly provocative at this moment in the real world – and praising players who happen to be Russian for being good at hockey. TK explained he wasn't meaning provocation, he intended the latter.

Reactions: HighNote

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Came in here to find out what the hell everyone is talking about that fills up 7 pages when its basically a nothing Oiler AHL'er for StL AHL'er trade. Leaving now with expectations met.

grandpa-abe-exit.gif

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007
I expect both will be playing in the KHL next year, but worth a try for each team.
You really think military age men who could draw a salary in any other professional hockey league are looking to bolt to the KHL right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad