Confirmed with Link: [EDM/OTT] Tyler Ennis for 2021 5th Round Pick

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Nah, I acknowledged before the game my error in judgement. Thus my slogan change below my Avatar which I changed hours prior to the game.

I'm emotionally stupid, everybody knows that, just how it get out stuff when feeling frustrated. So I'll flail away and comeback later being of more sound mind. At least temporarily.

I have no trouble taking the piss out of myself. I don't mind doing it.

I was weeeeerong, I was wereeeewerong as Fonzie said.

Before I die I'd like to be less reactive. But its how I'm built.

That said my comment in relation to Gagner was in terms of pts production, and to make that point the unsung Gagner has as much NHL pts production as AA and Ennis combined. Now I'm not saying that in relation to present value, but more in terms of how devalued Gagner often was here.

The only post I would think of deleting is this one because it gives so much ammunition. ;) But I'll let it stand.
Good on you for admitting your mistakes. Half the posters here refuse to do that.

Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Most people have strong opinions here. It's why we are on a hockey board.
Emotions are a big part of being a fan of this team. We have been tricked too many times over the years but if people can admit to errors or flaws it helps the discussions and board health imo.
I loved what I saw from Ennis last night. He is the type of guy you want for the money that he is making.
Thanks. I'm a doofus sometimes. How could I not like this guy I'm thinking last night. His favorite player is Doug Weight and he always wanted to be an Oiler. Seems like such a nice kid and he's got taste.

Reactions: Mr Positive

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Let's see how he does tonight. He might start sliding down the lineup as people start returning.
Could happen as soon as Saturday

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Let's see how he does tonight. He might start sliding down the lineup as people start returning.
Could happen as soon as Saturday
Barring a complete and utter disaster I don't see that line broken up that quickly. I don't know that Tippett is going to be throwing Kassian right back into the top 6 after taking two suspensions. Could see him challenging Kassian and forcing him to earn his spot back

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Barring a complete and utter disaster I don't see that line broken up that quickly. I don't know that Tippett is going to be throwing Kassian right back into the top 6 after taking two suspensions. Could see him challenging Kassian and forcing him to earn his spot back
Maybe, but Ennis filling in for Yamamoto makes more sense then Kassian or keeping Archibald there, though.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
When Everyone is back, go with

AA McD Ennis
RNH Drai Yam
Arch Shea Neal
Khaira Haas Kas

Klef Larsson
Nurse Bear
Jones Green

Smith
Koski

Perfect

Reactions: Mr Positive

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

AA McD Ennis
RNH Drai Yam
Arch Shea Neal
Khaira Haas Kas

Klef Larsson
Nurse Bear
Jones Green

Smith
Koski

Perfect
Well with "everyone" healthy I would expect Nygard with Sheahan and Archibald and Neal with Haas and Kassian with this look. Though, that's a lot of depth.

Reactions: WIOiler

JBear

Mar 26, 2014

AA McD Ennis
RNH Drai Yam
Arch Shea Neal
Khaira Haas Kas

Klef Larsson
Nurse Bear
Jones Green

Smith
Koski

Perfect

Chiasson Haas Neal
Nygard Sheahan Archibald

For 3 and 4.

Edit... I forgot about Kassian... Take out Chiasson and put in Kassian on the right. Neal to the left

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I wonder if he entertains a home town discount to stick around a year or two if things go well for him here (first game was very promising). Could see a few teams interested in his services at UFA though

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Late post. I had projected Ennis' deadline value at a 5th round pick and had some concern it might be inflated in a seller's market. So nice to see an Oiler's GM grind out quality value while manipulating salary cap management to make this team better. I enjoyed watching Ennis as a waterbug, high skill junior player in the Dub. But I was unconvinced he would carry that over for a production NHL career. He is - for right now - an ideal deadline pickup with vision, skating and skill game with utility to move up and down this team's roster. Having a hometown kid come home to support a playoff push is value-add.

I think Ennis and Kassian can and might move up and down this roster during the stretch drive and ... fingers crossed ... a playoff appearance. Kassian can bring the physical and board work against bigger teams while Ennis can add skill and offensive ability against more finesse opposition. The versatility will be an asset as this team continues to work around its thin NHL roster. Tippett and his staff imo have been masterful in managing this team's lineup.

Watching Ennis' debut last night, I was impressed by his play evident in his anticipation to score his goal. But even more I enjoyed listening to his interviews in which Ennis comes across as a pro's pro, a high quality experienced team centred player which will add valuable intangibles to this developing team. One game sample but for a throw away 5th round pick, the Oil get a high IQ veteran who can add depth and versatility driven by strong skating. Bonus that he can join and contribute to a stretch drive on the team that mattered to him as a young boy. Good stories are also worth cheering for.

Reactions: PeakMcOil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if he entertains a home town discount to stick around a year or two if things go well for him here (first game was very promising). Could see a few teams interested in his services at UFA though
I have a feeling Ennis is going to end up screwing himself over and signing a cheap one year deal.

Feel he's going to look for a longer term contract and find out it isn't there.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007

AA McD Ennis
RNH Drai Yam
Arch Shea Neal
Khaira Haas Kas

Klef Larsson
Nurse Bear
Jones Green

Smith
Koski

Perfect
Well with "everyone" healthy I would expect Nygard with Sheahan and Archibald and Neal with Haas and Kassian with this look. Though, that's a lot of depth.

We have options now; I would seriously reunite McDrai powerful 1st line; (Like the Bruins)

Drai McD Ennis
AA RHN Yam
Nygard Sheehan Arch
Neil Hass Kassian

Chiasson
Kharia

Perfect!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Holland will ask Ennis to sign a 1 year contract and then a longer contract after the expansion draft.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We have options now; I would seriously reunite McDrai powerful 1st line; (Like the Bruins)

Drai McD Ennis
AA RHN Yam
Nygard Sheehan Arch
Neil Hass Kassian

Chiasson
Kharia

Perfect!
Who Who and Kassian? Yeah, the Oilers will do that at some point, but that DRY line isn't worth breaking up in the slightest.

Reactions: B33K33PING

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
It’s clear that not a lot of people watch Ottawa games before Ennis came (I mean who would?) From my viewings, I always thought he he was worth at least a 2nd rounder so props to Holland for grinding it to a 5th.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So far, Ennis have been by far the best of the 3 acquisitions. His speed really sticks out and he's not afraid to go to the net.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So far, Ennis have been by far the best of the 3 acquisitions. His speed really sticks out and he's not afraid to go to the net.
I agree, but I'm still with AA on this. He's even had points, but it's just that Ennis has had a bit more.

I feel AA is still feeling out his role here. I think he was made aware of his rep, that he can't play with McDavid because he needs the puck, so he's been a little to unselfish with it. He'll grow out of that. I haven't seen the big problem with his D either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad